Sen. Schumer: I Offered Trump 'The Border Wall' And He Turned Me Down

After the Senate failed to reach a bipartisan deal on funding the government, Sen. Schumer took to the floor and laid the blame at the feet of Donald Trump, saying he even offered up the border wall for a deal and he was turned down. 

Sen. Schumer began by telling the country Republicans can't govern and then spoke most directly to Trump. 

Sen. Schumer said, "It's almost as if you were rooting for a shutdown and now we'll have one and the blame should crash entirely on President Trump's shoulders. This will be called the Trump shutdown." 

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/01/sen-schumer-i-offered-trump-border-wall

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

After the Senate failed to reach a bipartisan deal on funding the government, Sen. Schumer took to the floor and laid the blame at the feet of Donald Trump, saying he even offered up the border wall for a deal and he was turned down. 

Sen. Schumer began by telling the country Republicans can't govern and then spoke most directly to Trump. 

Sen. Schumer said, "It's almost as if you were rooting for a shutdown and now we'll have one and the blame should crash entirely on President Trump's shoulders. This will be called the Trump shutdown." 

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/01/sen-schumer-i-offered-trump-border-wall

So you didn't get the message this is a budget bill, not an immigration bill?

Have you got your wires crossed?

It takes a minimum of 60 votes to pass the budget. There’s only around 50 Republicans. Zero Dems will pass it hence the schumer shutdown.

plain and simple, Dems want dreamers  with voting power, and will hurt American citizens to get it

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It takes a minimum of 60 votes to pass the budget. There’s only around 50 Republicans. Zero Dems will pass it hence the schumer shutdown.

plain and simple, Dems want dreamers  with voting power, and will hurt American citizens to get it

Dreamers belong here. This is about doing what’s right. 

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

DemonCUNTs haven't won the real vote since 1964 so they desperately need to pad it with immigrants and illegals to ever have a chance :flush: 

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Schumer will allow certain number of Dems to vote FOR the bill since they are in competitive races in states where Trump bitch slapped Hillary hardest. They need to be able to tell their constituents they voted 'to keep gov't open'...

• Like 1

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

I thought Donald was a great negotiator and deal maker?

Fake News?

:dunno:

Great negotiators know when to walk.

Making a deal that fucks the country isn't negotiating. May be in Nookistan.

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

How do you build a wall without a budget?

Trump's take on government shutdowns as seen on Fox News :bc: 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Thankfully a good portion of America find some things more important than double digit stock growth and IRA’s. Fuck trump. 

You must have missed the cnn poll that most said the budget and keeping the gov’t open was more important to them then immigration. By a wide margin. 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Great negotiators know when to walk.

Making a deal that fucks the country isn't negotiating. May be in Nookistan.

Good negotiators also know when to use their leverage to extract a deal.  And come on, Trump doesn’t even know wtf he’s doing or what he wants.  He’s sent so many mixed signals and messages on this it’s laughable.    “Bring me a bipartisan deal and I’ll sign it”. They do and he rejects it.  “This will be a deal of love” he says.

:lol:

Face Facts.  Mitch McConnel knew he didn’t have the votes and they drove the truck off the cliff anyway.  Hell, some Republicans didn’t even vote for it. 

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

You must have missed the cnn poll that most said the budget and keeping the gov’t open was more important to them then immigration. By a wide margin. 

Seeing that CNN polls now mean something, why is donny sucking ass in approval? Could it be because people can't stand what he represents? 

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Seeing that CNN polls now mean something, why is donny sucking ass in approval? Could it be because people can't stand what he represents? 

We’re talking about issues here, not personality. You’re so butthurt about the orange man you have trouble separating the two. The budget is more important than immigration to most, you were wrong.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

DACA was presented as a bi partisan bill a week ago to Trump. He said no so it’s attached to the budget.

Republicans have failed at legislature for years. More and more voters see this every day.

Edited by Mainecat

42 minutes ago, Snake said:

We are a nation of laws.

The D in DACA mean deferred.

Obey the law.

These dreamers are people that have made america their home. America is all they've know. They have zero knowledge of mexico.  To pluck them up and ship them to a country that they don't know is disgusting. Trump has the capacity for zero empathy of other human beings. He's doing this for political gain. Perhaps no different than the Dems...at least the Dems of some semblance of morality on their side. 

25 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Good negotiators also know when to use their leverage to extract a deal.  And come on, Trump doesn’t even know wtf he’s doing or what he wants.  He’s sent so many mixed signals and messages on this it’s laughable.    “Bring me a bipartisan deal and I’ll sign it”. They do and he rejects it.  “This will be a deal of love” he says.

:lol:

Face Facts.  Mitch McConnel knew he didn’t have the votes and they drove the truck off the cliff anyway.  Hell, some Republicans didn’t even vote for it. 

The repubs were nervous when they heard Schumer was meeting with Trump. They felt Trump was gonna get hosed....lmao