Have I mentioned

Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

No not really, it handles pretty good. It's icy out here tho and I could stand some better carbides and some studs. 

My buddy runs a 1.6 ice cobra on his assault, definitely not as good as legit studs, but works well in icy corners and didn't have to add 45lbs of rotational mass to the track

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My buddy runs a 1.6 ice cobra on his assault, definitely not as good as legit studs, but works well in icy corners and didn't have to add 45lbs of rotational mass to the track

Ic is the best trail track. Just the right amount of traction   

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Who needs studs when this is riding a sled8843d4a3734c822ad412293fe1376c0e.jpg 

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I have the 1.6" cobra, I'm going to add some grip studs to it. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Here,s an honest report from a guy that just sold his wonderful POS poolaris.

The top things in no particular order, you must of got the only good one.

And I get better mileage with my 240 HP Turbo Cat, than my bragging buddy did on his 800 poolaris.

Rough ride can’t be fixed without $$$
Shit hand warmers
Fuel and oil consumption (high mileage riding it is a big deal)
Hard seat
Vibration engine and feeling it in chassis
Runs hot all the time without scratchers down
Awkward handle bar position turning right

That's TJ's post who was raving about it before that. 

Ride is firm but not rough. Could probably stand some softer springs but this is a cross country sled, not a cushy trail sled.

I have had zero issues with the hand warmers. High is very hot, low has been sufficient. I wear thin gloves too. 

Vince's 800 uses quite a bit more fuel than mine. Getting pretty respectable economy so that's bullshit

Seat is firm but not hard. The seat on the cat is really soft. It's pretty nice. 

Very little engine vibration, less than my etec. I was rather surprised actually after what I had heard. 

This does run hot. The postage stamp snow flap is worthless. 

I have no issue with the handle bars.

With the whooped out trails we rode yesterday this thing ate it up.

The clutching on this is pretty damn good for stock.

The gauge is best in biz. I love the GPS, blue tooth and display.

Headlight is also best in biz

Engine is snorty as hell. 

I'd still like to ride the 850 so I can compare. Haven't had the opportunity yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Only complaints I have is:

1. That postage stamp snow flap is fucking worthless

2. It's pretty icy here and I wish I had shaper bars and studs. 

My only minor complaint is its not R motion level ride quality, but I want to preload the springs to the middle, and see if it helps,, by riding higher up in the travel where the leverage ratio is softer.  I'm not sure the 2" track is as good as the 1.75 I had on my Freeride in the icy trails, seems to break loose a little easier.  I know its awesome it is in deep snow.  Splitting hairs though, I like how it stays planted on the trails, and doesn't have that narrow feel like my FR and SKS did.  Flip a coin with a 137 FR off trail, they're both pretty good.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Here,s an honest report from a guy that just sold his wonderful POS poolaris.

The top things in no particular order, you must of got the only good one.

And I get better mileage with my 240 HP Turbo Cat, than my bragging buddy did on his 800 poolaris.

Rough ride can’t be fixed without $$$
Shit hand warmers
Fuel and oil consumption (high mileage riding it is a big deal)
Hard seat
Vibration engine and feeling it in chassis
Runs hot all the time without scratchers down
Awkward handle bar position turning right

We talking new 17+ Assault?  New bars are way better imo, and seat is perfect.  No vibration, ride is good, not R motion good, but I have one more thing I'm gonna try.  Warmers are as good as any, fuel/oil almost etec, but not enough saddle time to determine.  Turbo cat is a completely different animal, great in its own right, but not a real dual purpose sled and 100 lbs. heavier.

13 hours ago, Momorider said:

How brain dead the Nazi Pig Dog is, every fucking time he started a thread he make multiple identical threads :flush: 

13 hours ago, Momorider said:

From the Sodomite that can't wait to get back on a renegade 4tech :lol: 

Momo gets it right for once! :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

My only minor complaint is its not R motion level ride quality, but I want to preload the springs to the middle, and see if it helps,, by riding higher up in the travel where the leverage ratio is softer.  I'm not sure the 2" track is as good as the 1.75 I had on my Freeride in the icy trails, seems to break loose a little easier.  I know its awesome it is in deep snow.  Splitting hairs though, I like how it stays planted on the trails, and doesn't have that narrow feel like my FR and SKS did.  Flip a coin with a 137 FR off trail, they're both pretty good.

We talking new 17+ Assault?  New bars are way better imo, and seat is perfect.  No vibration, ride is good, not R motion good, but I have one more thing I'm gonna try.  Warmers are as good as any, fuel/oil almost etec, but not enough saddle time to determine.  Turbo cat is a completely different animal, great in its own right, but not a real dual purpose sled and 100 lbs. heavier.

This suspension looks an awful lot like an uncoupled rmotion. I think softer springs would make a huge difference. I've heard alot of guys are getting the shocks revalved also as they seem to run on the stiff side. 

I think they could stand to back off on the calibration a bit as I am 225 lbs. And I have all settings on full soft. I'm going to roll with it for now as I didn't get beat up on it and we rode some real crap yesterday. But I think next season I will opt for some new springs and shocks revalved. 

25 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That's TJ's post who was raving about it before that. 

Ride is firm but not rough. Could probably stand some softer springs but this is a cross country sled, not a cushy trail sled.

I have had zero issues with the hand warmers. High is very hot, low has been sufficient. I wear thin gloves too. 

Vince's 800 uses quite a bit more fuel than mine. Getting pretty respectable economy so that's bullshit

Seat is firm but not hard. The seat on the cat is really soft. It's pretty nice. 

Very little engine vibration, less than my etec. I was rather surprised actually after what I had heard. 

This does run hot. The postage stamp snow flap is worthless. 

I have no issue with the handle bars.

With the whooped out trails we rode yesterday this thing ate it up.

The clutching on this is pretty damn good for stock.

The gauge is best in biz. I love the GPS, blue tooth and display.

Headlight is also best in biz

Engine is snorty as hell. 

I'd still like to ride the 850 so I can compare. Haven't had the opportunity yet. 

1/10's of a gallon more :lol: 

The Analers sled has good legs, my El Tigre rides better.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

1/10's of a gallon more :lol: 

The Analers sled has good legs, my El Tigre rides better.

More than a gallon each stop. How soon we forget... :news:

Tigre rides nice. 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

This suspension looks an awful lot like an uncoupled rmotion. I think softer springs would make a huge difference. I've heard alot of guys are getting the shocks revalved also as they seem to run on the stiff side. 

I think they could stand to back off on the calibration a bit as I am 225 lbs. And I have all settings on full soft. I'm going to roll with it for now as I didn't get beat up on it and we rode some real crap yesterday. But I think next season I will opt for some new springs and shocks revalved. 

Not "an awful lot".....its identical and skidoo copied it to make rmotion

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Toss some dual rate Hygear spring on that bitch, they frigging rock, totally changed my sleds I have put them on

Just now, f7ben said:

Not "an awful lot".....its identical and skidoo copied it to make rmotion

I agree. It doesn't have the torque sensing link and coupler blocks. But other than that it looks identical. 

I pulled the limiter strap in a half inch as it was a wheelie machine with it out. Alot more manageable now. 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Toss some dual rate Hygear spring on that bitch, they frigging rock, totally changed my sleds I have put them on

I was looking at those. I've already spent alot of money this year however... :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I agree. It doesn't have the torque sensing link and coupler blocks. But other than that it looks identical. 

I pulled the limiter strap in a half inch as it was a wheelie machine with it out. Alot more manageable now. 

Well it is uncoupled.  I can't believe you are riding without studs. Holy fucking waste. Might as well ride a 550f

Just now, f7ben said:

Well it is uncoupled.  I can't believe you are riding without studs. Holy fucking waste. Might as well ride a 550f

I don't want to put 1.7" studs in it. I'm gonna do the grip studs. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I'm going on the theory that jacking it up a little higher will put a little more pressure on the skis, and have it higher up in the travel, where its initially softer.  Seems counter intuitive, but went through it a lot in my dirtbike days.  If that doesn't work, we'll try a revalve over the winter.

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

:lol: those are about the most useless waste of time in the world. I wouldn't put those in my daughter's sled. 

Why the fuck :lol:

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Honestly, all they are going to do, is give you a false sense of being able to stop on ice, or go around an icy corner without doing a 360. They are kinda useless. A buddy had them, and they didn,t do shit. He ended up studding his track with real studs.

Edited by Frostynuts

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I'm going on the theory that jacking it up a little higher will put a little more pressure on the skis, and have it higher up in the travel, where its initially softer.  Seems counter intuitive, but went through it a lot in my dirtbike days.  If that doesn't work, we'll try a revalve over the winter.

Yup...sucking up the limited is the last option and will indeed make for a little harsher ride. I'd put some transfer blocks in that bitch!!!