Have I mentioned

Anler

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Today the SBA beat the poo pro s 800 and cat 800 top to bottom. And had the highest top speed per gps. It's the foshizzle...

Its very efficient......we talked about this. Attack angle of the track is where its winning on top end 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its very efficient......we talked about this. Attack angle of the track is where its winning on top end 

And Dan had studs. I whooped em off the line, down the line and at the end of the line! Foshizzle...

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

The few times ive been ive used my buddies backup freeride 154...it does good.

That is a far more hills oriented sled than an SBA and even that is a compromise compared to a Pro I'm sure 

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

Cant recall ever seeing one in the mountains....seen a few 146 doos though.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

What a waste of time. Just rent a 163 Pro and be done with it 

:news:  :lol:  :bc:  

FAPZghE.jpg

1EzbiBm.jpg?2

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well fuck I could probably find a picture of a somebody trying to ride a short track in the mountains....doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I think with the right track the assault would do fine in the mountains. As long as it wasn't too deep. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I think with the right track the assault would do fine in the mountains. As long as it wasn't too deep. 

It would do OK sure and you can ride a RMK on the trail...just not optimal and I'm not ripping the SBA whatsoever....probably the best sled on the snow right now.:thumbsup:

I think that’s the problem (for most) with the crossover type sleds.  They can do moderately well or, just “ok” in many conditions.  And that’s great if you like to bounce back and forth between trail and deep pow.  But, you aren’t going to hang with the long tracks in the deep pow or shorties on the trail.  Assuming you ride with people of some decent skill.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I think that’s the problem (for most) with the crossover type sleds.  They can do moderately well or, just “ok” in many conditions.  And that’s great 

I would rather ride a SBA on trail than any 120" sled...no question. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I would rather ride a SBA on trail than any 120" sled...no question. 

#1.). Stop quoting me until I am done fucking up and editing my own post. :lmao:

2- “Rathers” are fine.  I was more stating adequacy or lack of equivalence between the types of sleds.

43 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

My brother has  that same SBA with a 2" track, and it's pretty respectable in the Maine woods offtrailing, which is largely why I bought one.  Its still really good on the trail too.  That said, I wouldn't want one for out west. :bc: 

I've put over 22,000 miles on my last 3 sleds, 03f7,08f10,12 turbo..no studs, can't legally run them on my main trail in my area because it is paved and I use it all the time to get back and forth. 

Always ran studs in the 90's. 

Just ride accordingly and no worrys

Edited by Jet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jet said:

I've put over 22,000 miles on my last 3 sleds, 03f7,08f10,12 turbo..no studs, can't legally run them on my main trail in my area because it is paved and I use it all the time to get back and forth. 

Always ran studs in the 90's. 

Just ride accordingly and no worrys

Ride accordingly = gay as fuck

Also if your trail is a bike trail fuck all that bullshit. Run em and dont stop if they try and stop you. How much tax dollars do those faggot ass bicycles pay vs sleds. How much money do they spend while out on their little granola peddle bike trips.....none.... Yah....run the studs 

Edited by f7ben

They tried different things over the years like stud stickers, etc.

back in the day friends were all wearing baseball caps that said screw the stud ban. 

But at the end of the day them pedal bikers got a lot of power in our state capital. Motorsports doesn't 

I did get a little excited on Friday on the bike trail when I was cruising at 105 and hit some ice and she spun out to a 119 mph!! 

I think if I ever went back to a 500/600 for super fast tight twisty trails I would definitely stud for safety.

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

You buy an Assault Jason? :lol:

Based on how much riding I've done lately, I should have bought a moped.   :lol:    

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think that’s the problem (for most) with the crossover type sleds.  They can do moderately well or, just “ok” in many conditions.  And that’s great if you like to bounce back and forth between trail and deep pow.  But, you aren’t going to hang with the long tracks in the deep pow or shorties on the trail.  Assuming you ride with people of some decent skill.

For a one trip to the mountains a year guy, with a 2 inch track, SBA's do not too bad.  If you ride with a group with similar sleds and ability, life is great.  If you ride with guys who do multiple trips a year and have 174's, then plan on being miserable.  :lol:  :bc:  

• Haha 1