Have I mentioned

Anler

5 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Based on how much riding I've done lately, I should have bought a moped.   :lol:    

For a one trip to the mountains a year guy, with a 2 inch track, SBA's do not too bad.  If you ride with a group with similar sleds and ability, life is great.  If you ride with guys who do multiple trips a year and have 174's, then plan on being miserable.  :lol:  :bc:  

I knew a guy that put a 2.0 on his 137 and went out to to Idaho with his new mountain buddies for a trip.  Good rider too.  He said.."I'll hang just fine."  Pretty sure nobody from that group talks to him anymore.  He said he was miserable.  Sometimes, all the "want to" and skill one may have isn't a substitute for just picking the right tool for the job.

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I knew a guy that put a 2.0 on his 137 and went out to to Idaho with his new mountain buddies for a trip.  Good rider too.  He said.."I'll hang just fine."  Pretty sure nobody from that group talks to him anymore.  He said he was miserable.  Sometimes, all the "want to" and skill one may have isn't a substitute for just picking the right tool for the job.

Yeah, it's no fun being the guy that has to hit the hill WFO 6 times before you can get over the top while every one else made it in the first poke.  Then it just gets worse from there because you are beating the piss out of yourself and are exhausted compared to everyone else.  

3 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Yeah, it's no fun being the guy that has to hit the hill WFO 6 times before you can get over the top while every one else made it in the first poke.  Then it just gets worse from there because you are beating the piss out of yourself and are exhausted compared to everyone else.  

I spoke to him the day after he got back.  I simply asked how it went?  He said, "Just awful...and I don't want to talk about it right now."  :lmao:

He rides a 129, trail only now.  He can bail well with the rest of us too.  If I am ever "off trail" it's because I blew a turn.  A "shorty" has dug me down into a day of misery in just a few quick seconds, one too many times.  

On 1/21/2018 at 2:37 AM, sledderj said:

:news:  :lol:  :bc:  

FAPZghE.jpg

1EzbiBm.jpg?2

SBA is an over achiever in the deep. Where it won't compete is in the deep with steep and trees. You just can't let out of the throttle and adjust, have to keep it pinned.

20141221_104738.jpg

On 1/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, sledderj said:

For a one trip to the mountains a year guy, with a 2 inch track, SBA's do not too bad.  If you ride with a group with similar sleds and ability, life is great.  If you ride with guys who do multiple trips a year and have 174's, then plan on being miserable.  :lol:  :bc:  

Well said. :bc:

On 1/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, sledderj said:

Based on how much riding I've done lately, I should have bought a moped.   :lol:    

Thats what I found riding my SBA with 163s, 154s and 174s. There were times that it would take me 4 tries to get over a ridge to a honey hole that he long trackers just sidehilled right up. Picked up a 153 2.6 Cat for those days. Haven't had a chance to utilize that track yet but can't wait.

On 1/21/2018 at 12:25 PM, sledderj said:

Thats especially true when you are 20-25 years older than the guys you're riding with.