Respected around the world again

World's Approval of U.S. Leadership Drops to New Low

by Julie Ray

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Median approval of U.S. leadership is 30%, down from 48% in 2016
  • U.S. approval dropped substantially in 65 countries and areas
  • Germany's leadership now tops that of U.S., China and Russia

More at link

http://news.gallup.com/poll/225761/world-approval-leadership-drops-new-low.

:bc:

“Respect”. The world should find new “leadership” to fund it’s little causes and fight it’s battles.  We’ll pick and choose as we see fit.

Maybe talk to this guy about the “leadership”...funds may be an issue though as the Canadian buck rivals “shithole” country currency now.

:lol:

E315B225-F2C4-46FB-9537-6808085127A7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Lol not respected? Fine. Better not be asking for our money and military... But they will. They need us much much more than we need them. Come to our colleges, use the drugs our companies invent, talk on the tech we made viable and designed, etc... Hell they wouldn’t even be around if it weren’t for us bailing their asses out in WWI and II. 

72C6F2B3-735C-468A-8FE1-9A5221C29DBC.thumb.jpeg.6627a9c7a31535aa41261a7ffaa3f01f.jpeg

• Thanks 2

I always wondered. What if we reduced our footprint outside the US to that of Germany or Nookistan? What if we shut off the faucet? The world would be in outrage. We would be doing the same as everyone else? The double standard is hilarious. I also enjoy that no one ever talks about what Canada does around the world. Then again, they are working in the scale of cleaning up sand at the beach one grain at a time. Admirable but insignificant. May as well stay home... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I always wondered. What if we reduced our footprint outside the US to that of Germany or Nookistan? What if we shut off the faucet? The world would be in outrage. We would be doing the same as everyone else? The double standard is hilarious. I also enjoy that no one ever talks about what Canada does around the world. Then again, they are working in the scale of cleaning up sand at the beach one grain at a time. Admirable but insignificant. May as well stay home... 

Yeah.  This is always about money and a our power around the world.  

“Respect” without the need for our money and power leaves one without stairs on the tarmac having to go all “back of the bus” to exit the plane.

Laughing stock.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

“Respect”. The world should find new “leadership” to fund it’s little causes and fight it’s battles.  We’ll pick and choose as we see fit.

Maybe talk to this guy about the “leadership”...funds may be an issue though as the Canadian buck rivals “shithole” country currency now.

E315B225-F2C4-46FB-9537-6808085127A7.jpeg

Lol. A one arm push up, how embarrassing.  

38 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I'm confused, I thought the article was talking about the worlds approval of U.S Leadership not the U.S as a whole?  

One year into Donald Trump's presidency, the image of U.S. leadership is weaker worldwide than it was under his two predecessors.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol not respected? Fine. Better not be asking for our money and military... But they will. They need us much much more than we need them. Come to our colleges, use the drugs our companies invent, talk on the tech we made viable and designed, etc... Hell they wouldn’t even be around if it weren’t for us bailing their asses out in WWI and II. 

72C6F2B3-735C-468A-8FE1-9A5221C29DBC.thumb.jpeg.6627a9c7a31535aa41261a7ffaa3f01f.jpeg

How’s it been going since you’ve been alive?   Fought Korea to a standstill,  got fuck in Vietnam. Spent longer in Afghanistan and Iraq than in both world wars combined.    Kicked ass in Libya though. 1 for 5 is pretty shitty. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

How’s it been going since you’ve been alive?   Fought Korea to a standstill,  got fuck in Vietnam. Spent longer in Afghanistan and Iraq than in both world wars combined.    Kicked ass in Libya though. 1 for 5 is pretty shitty. 

Wait, what have you guys done since WWII? Seriously, I have no idea what major things have happened In Canada that have effected the world in the last 75 years. 

5 minutes ago, Pusher said:

I'm confused, I thought the article was talking about the worlds approval of U.S Leadership not the U.S as a whole?  

One year into Donald Trump's presidency, the image of U.S. leadership is weaker worldwide than it was under his two predecessors.

you'll have to excuse poor xlt. he's butthurt that he voted for this idiot in the WH and is trying to make himself feel a little better by deflecting and ridiculing others. kind of like trump, ironically :news:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

you'll have to excuse poor xlt. he's butthurt that he voted for this idiot in the WH and is trying to make himself feel a little better by deflecting and ridiculing others. kind of like trump, ironically :news:

To the length of changing posts so we can all take the blame for Trump.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Wait, what have you guys done since WWII? Seriously, I have no idea what major things have happened In Canada that have effected the world in the last 75 years. 

A lot of human rights stuff. Peacekeeping etc.  Which is really brave. I gotta give kudos to people who can stand between waring factions. So proud of most of our armed forces. 

But in the last 15 years it’s been tough.  It like being a volunteer fireman when your neighbour is an arsonist. 

Wow, there’s enough butt hurt snowflakes in this thread to make a snowman.

I remember when Obama was President, stuff like this was a bigly big deal.

For once, I agree with Donald!  A couple years later maybe, but I do agree

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A lot of human rights stuff. Peacekeeping etc.  Which is really brave. I gotta give kudos to people who can stand between waring factions. So proud of most of our armed forces. 

But in the last 15 years it’s been tough.  It like being a volunteer fireman when your neighbour is an arsonist. 

Idiot post from somebody with no real world experience.  Normal.

Please delete.