Son got busted Vaping

Just now, s pump said:

Triggered

Using this term actually serves to delegitimize people who do actually get triggered by reminders of personal trauma. I'm making an effort to stop using it inappropriately out of respect for those people. I hope you join me.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that shit is so fucking gay......if it was my son I'd smack the fuck out of him for that. If it was my daughter I would sell her into human trafficking and cut my losses 

Atta boy

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Using this term actually serves to delegitimize people who do actually get triggered by reminders of personal trauma. I'm making an effort to stop using it inappropriately out of respect for those people. I hope you join me.

Where will it end for you?

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

fuck off with this cunt shit 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

SMH

• Platinum Contributing Member

I caught my 18 yo with one not long ago.   I simply said I'm not mad but as a tobacco user I'd want to encourage you not to get started.   I said I know you are working and think you have your "own money" but as long as I'm putting a roof over your head and food on your plate I'd prefer you not do it for the money alone.   When you are paying all your bills you can do as you please but until then I don't want you doing it.  If I catch him with it again then he will start picking up more of his own bills.   He won't have any money to spend on it then.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Atta boy

Where will it end for you?

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

fuck off with this cunt shit 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH

Omfg! Respect victims of actual trauma?!?!? 

But muh freeze peach!!!

Just now, motonoggin said:

Omfg! Respect victims of actual trauma?!?!? 

But muh freeze peach!!!

Dude you can't be a justice warrior fro every cause. Pick one and make something happen. You're all over the map.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Dude you can't be a justice warrior fro every cause. Pick one and make something happen. You're all over the map.

Intersectionality is appropriate revolutionary praxis. U can b 2 things...

Edited by motonoggin

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sensitive and stubborn age for sure.  Don't think I would make a big deal about it.  Talk to him like an adult on why you feel its wrong.

This^ demonizing the vape might just push him to cigarettes.

It's extremely common for a kid to go through phases like this, just be careful he doesn't end up fucking around with tobacco instead of vaping.

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I caught my 18 yo with one not long ago.   I simply said I'm not mad but as a tobacco user I'd want to encourage you not to get started.   I said I know you are working and think you have your "own money" but as long as I'm putting a roof over your head and food on your plate I'd prefer you not do it for the money alone.   When you are paying all your bills you can do as you please but until then I don't want you doing it.  If I catch him with it again then he will start picking up more of his own bills.   He won't have any money to spend on it then.  :lol:  

Another good idea right here ^^*

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that shit is so fucking gay......if it was my son I'd smack the fuck out of him for that. If it was my daughter I would sell her into human trafficking and cut my losses 

:lol: this is why everyone quits vaping around 18

34 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Stop it!!!!!!!

Image result for kramer laughing hysterically

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Kind of a tough spot Frank. Nick has been a really good kid up until this point. You guys have been keeping him busy and he has stayed out of trouble. I would talk to him and let him know this is the first strike in a 2 strikes and your out game. Maybe ask him to do some research on the hazards of ecigs. Maybe ask him to find a few videos and put together 5-6 minute power point presentation on the harmful effects of electronic cigarettes. He could present his findings to the family and make a comittment not to continue to subject his body to such harm. 

Ask him to do a little research on the subject in lieu of punishment  

Just a thought. . 

As usual this is what I was looking for. Thanks Tom, I knew there would be some crazy replies but this one is the way I think!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old cat man said:

As usual this is what I was looking for. Thanks Tom, I knew there would be some crazy replies but this one is the way I think!

Come on Frankster.....you know you come here for the crazy replies :lol: 

• Like 1