WHITE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW RACISM WORKS

Very good read, especially the second half.

https://www.damemagazine.com/2018/01/16/white-people-understand-exactly-how-racism-works/

Don’t be fooled, the defiant ignorance on the right and the left is necessary for the perpetuation of white supremacy and privilege.

".....White people who claim that they “don’t get it” are actually engaging in a devious ruse of willful ignorance. Why should they get it? We have to understand that the people who say they don’t get it might not be the KKK or the David Dukes or Donald Trumps or Richard Spencers or Ann Coulters of the world. But don’t get it twisted: They are the tillers of this racist ecosystem. An oppressive system does not require malice.  It requires routine behavior, tunnel vision, and cognitive dissonance.

This cognitive dissonance reminds me of the rise of the Third Reich, the insidious way it became systemic and citizens became complicit. Today’s American fascists are far less educated than the fascists of the Third Reich, and they’re proud of their ignorance—they’re defiantly stupid and mediocre and resentful of hard working educated people of color, immigrants, and women. And that defiant ignorance has gotten into the American bloodstream. Even among the educated and the liberal white people, who are determinedly blind to their own racism and committed to ignorance so they can deny their role in perpetuating the larger system of white supremacy, which they have been socialized to do."

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Got it.  All white people are racist because they are too stupid to know they are racist.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Until you give you share of your family farm to an unknown black person you are a racist.  

Two prime examples of the kind of people the author is referring to.

Just now, motonoggin said:

I don't get it.  I simply stated in simpler terms what she wrote.  Should I have added Nazi to it?  Fine:  All white people are racist and Nazis because they are too stupid to know they aren't racist and Nazis.  

Better?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

What isn't that what blm says white people should do?   I just figured you agreed.   

Edited by Highmark

I just cant be bothered to give a fuck about whats racist and what isnt. If I see something thats overtly racist I would certainly call it out. I acknowledge systemic racism exists and has existed to a far greater extent in the past. That is all I can do 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I just cant be bothered to give a fuck about whats racist and what isnt. If I see something thats overtly racist I would certainly call it out. I acknowledge systemic racism exists and has existed to a far greater extent in the past. That is all I can do 

That's better than most. You get an ally cookie for not being a completely trash human. :bc:

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

That's better than most. You get an ally cookie for not being a completely trash human. :bc:

I should state that I called my brother the N word today and felt bad :lol: he fucking bought a silver chain (man necklace) and was all proud of it. I was like what in the fuck is wrong with you lolz.....you can imagine how the conversation went. I have nearly 100% refrained from using the N word in any context...even jokes so this was a bit of an outburst 

Just now, f7ben said:

I should state that I called my brother the N word today and felt bad :lol: he fucking bought a silver chain (man necklace) and was all proud of it. I was like what in the fuck is wrong with you lolz.....you can imagine how the conversation went. I have nearly 100% refrained from using the N word in any context...even jokes so this was a bit of an outburst 

Old habits die hard. :lol:

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree to an extent  However, systematic racism, like any other system, can be changed.  What we are not seeing is either side trying hard enough to change it...and what has been shuttled in over the last few years isn't helping at all.  I fear it is now going to get much worse before it gets better again.  And like you, I see nothing much I can really do about it other than call it out in my own world.  The media is making these dynamics now and people are being polarized by lies in the direction they want.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Old habits die hard. :lol:

I felt bad for jumping his shit but sweet fuck......how fucking gay is it to be a 31 year old white male and be so insecure that you feel the need to wear a fucking necklace :lol: 

I was in the middle of wrenching on a truck in the garage and a little grumpy so he caught me at a bad time 

My bad, my bad!!! I was wrong!! Oprah was NOT 14 when she got raped by her cousin.....SHE WAS 9!!!  

She got raped by another cousin, an uncle and a friend of the uncle. She got PREGNANT at 14, and the kid died. 

I so sorry my brothers, fuhgive me, o lord!!!! 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Same and ill call out Neofascisthimmlerstoner the fucking brain dead fuck is a racist POS :finger: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I agree to an extent  However, systematic racism, like any other system, can be changed.  What we are not seeing is either side trying hard enough to change it...and what has been shuttled in over the last few years isn't helping at all.  I fear it is now going to get much worse before it gets better again.  And like you, I see nothing much I can really do about it other than call it out in my own world.  The media is making these dynamics now and people are being polarized by lies in the direction they want.

This is a fine post that makes sense.....the establishment has no interest is quelling racism .....it feeds their power and helps to keep the system that serves them in place 

Just now, Momorider said:

Same and ill call out Neofascisthimmlerstoner the fucking brain dead fuck is a racist POS :finger: 

Of course moto isnt racist.....moto's outbursts concerning racism here are simply an over reaction to the environment on fsce and attitude that exists among us and the demographic we enjoy.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Of course moto isnt racist.....moto's outbursts concerning racism here are simply an over reaction to the environment on fsce and attitude that exists among us and the demographic we enjoy.

:bullshit: 

Just now, f7ben said:

This is a fine post that makes sense.....the establishment has no interest is quelling racism .....it feeds their power and helps to keep the system that serves them in place 

Yep.  It's divide, polarize, conquer and profit.  The cause doesn't really matter as long as it causes hightened emotions that continue to grow the ranks...and money train for the ones at the top able to pander to whatever group creates the most money for them.

And nobody can understand how all these elected public servants turn into millionaires as soon as they get to DC...yet, nothing really ever changes.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yep.  It's divide, polarize, conquer and profit.  The cause doesn't really matter as long as it causes hightened emotions that continue to grow the ranks...and money train for the ones at the top able to pander to whatever group creates the most money for them.

And nobody can understand how all these elected public servants turn into millionaires as soon as they get to DC...yet, nothing really ever changes.  

People dont understand how I can be so dismissive of thugs or negative situations concerning minorities and whatever thing that it is they are doing that makes us white people mad.

I've tried to explain many times to people that while I dont condone whatever the specific negative behavior is I cannot hold disadvantaged individuals to any meaningful account because their transgressions simply dont even appear on the scale of f7ben outrage. Its a non starter.