Dow 26,000:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

How does that market timing look like now?:lol:

I've said this before, nobody can predict the market or time it and if they think they can they are fools.

Funny.....I've been in and out several times and am right on pace with all major indices and trailing the NAS slightly because of the FAANG stock explosion earlier in the year

Just now, f7ben said:

Woolie probably killed himself already 

I havent checked my stocks lately but it doesnt matter if they go up or down I still get dividends. Ill be buying as they keep going down to get the bargains during the panic. 

Like that's never happened before.

Its been a shit year for the market.......basically zero opportunity to get any return on my savings with the funds available to me. Eating a loss on the year in this economy is going to suck

Just now, f7ben said:

Funny.....I've been in and out several times and am right on pace with all major indices and trailing the NAS slightly because of the FAANG stock explosion earlier in the year

So you accomplished nothing.  Also one year is not in anyway a measure to judge long term performance.:bc: 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So you accomplished nothing.  Also one year is not in anyway a measure to judge long term performance.:bc: 

Exactly......I accomplished nothing. Just like someone who hired a adviser.

Those stocks were over priced to begin with. Any hint of volatility those are going to be the ones that crash the hardest. you have to do your research unless you are going to bird dog the market everyday and be a day trader. 

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I havent checked my stocks lately but it doesnt matter if they go up or down I still get dividends. Ill be buying as they keep going down to get the bargains during the panic. 

I was looking at investing new $$$ in some private REITs for short term holdings with paying out about 7.5% ROC, but if this keeps going down, it might be better invest that  in the markets.

I was looking at investing new $$$ in some private REITs for short term holdings with paying out about 7.5% ROC, but if this keeps going down, it might be better invest that  in the markets.

You were screaming about your gains just a few weeks ago :lol: now you're looking at REITS ?????

I like REITS but they kinda scare me lately. Big box stores and malls are not doing good... You have to be careful which ones you go with. 

It looks like a lot of corporate earnings are still pretty strong, Im not sweating anything right now. I hope they go down a couple more thousand. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You were screaming about your gains just a few weeks ago :lol: now you're looking at REITS ?????

Not touching my main investments, this is separate and  set aside for the cottage, so about 18-24 month time period.

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I like REITS but they kinda scare me lately. Big box stores and malls are not doing good... You have to be careful which ones you go with. 

It looks like a lot of corporate earnings are still pretty strong, Im not sweating anything right now. I hope they go down a couple more thousand. 

The private ones have little to no correlation to the markets.

I am staying the course on long term holdings and will continue to build, these are just gold opportunities. 

Not touching my main investments, this is separate and  set aside for the cottage, so about 18-24 month time period.

I'm not selling anything and I am still up almost 500 on Amazon for the year.

The private ones have little to no correlation to the markets.

I am staying the course on long term holdings and will continue to build, these are just gold opportunities

Yep. :bc: 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly......I accomplished nothing. Just like someone who hired a adviser.

You need to be aware of what is available, anyone who blindly counts on an adviser is a first class moron as you are simply just a means to their profits.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I'm not selling anything and I am still up almost 500 on Amazon for the year.

Neither am I, just looking at short term non-market correlated investments.  I could go with a cashable gic?  Nah.  Kidding.

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I told you guys. I got out during summer leaving only 20% in some reliable slow growth stocks. I’m very pleased with the gains. I’m sitting out the tariff bullshit. 

I rather the market go to 5000 points if it was the result of us rightfully resisting having our middle class gutted and our manufacturing industry destroyed by hostile trade partners using their slave labor and lack of responsible regulatory policy as a weapon