Dow 26,000:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Less than 90 pts away from hitting that.

Yup......I'm willing to bet and I will bet that we see another 15% slide before a 5% gain. There is a recession coming , that is a fact. Bond yeild spreads tightening and going inverse. Global growth shrinking fast , fed signaling domestic growth is slowing , dems in the house so no more free trump money 

There are far more reasons it falls apart than it keeps rising

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup......I'm willing to bet and I will bet that we see another 15% slide before a 5% gain. There is a recession coming , that is a fact. Bond yeild spreads tightening and going inverse. Global growth shrinking fast , fed signaling domestic growth is slowing , dems in the house so no more free trump money 

Oh there is a recession coming but not this year and likely not next.  You have no clue what the markets will do and shorting is one of the dumbest things you could ever do.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh there is a recession coming but not this year and likely not next.  You have no clue what the markets will do and shorting is one of the dumbest things you could ever do.

Ok boss

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't time the markets.:lol:

I dont either......this market is played out and there is nothing to blow the bubble up any further. I'm going long short

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I think the next big drop in the market will be when the deficit hits the trillion mark, unless a war or some other  unforeseen  disaster strikes first.

I believe its still a couple yrs away as 2 major ingridiants are missing right now.

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I believe its still a couple yrs away as 2 major ingridiants are missing right now.

The money I could make if I really could predict the market. The day  the deficit hits a trillion, the market will go up 1000 points cause I think it will drop.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The money I could make if I really could predict the market. The day  the deficit hits a trillion, the market will go up 1000 points cause I think it will drop.

Think about it. The 3 major ingridiants to a recession are

1, high energy costs.

2, an overinflated housing market. This one is iffy as I do believe its headed to become overinflated , but not enough to matter as the inventory to sell to many with poor credit history just isn't there.

3, this is the one in place now. The irresponsible spending habits of 30 % of Americans. People are getting overextended again.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Ah yes of course.

I've been heavily invested in the markets for about 30 years now and there is nothing new today that hasn't already been seen.  It will play out like it always does and people who try to time the markets usually end up losing their shirts esp when the best in the business admit they can't do it.  

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

1, high energy costs.

2, an overinflated housing market. This one is iffy as I do believe its headed to become overinflated , but not enough to matter as the inventory to sell to many with poor credit history just isn't there.

3, this is the one in place now. The irresponsible spending habits of 30 % of Americans. People are getting overextended again.

You don't need a recession to make the markets drop, let the trade talks fail, some kind of shit in the ME, lower than expected GDP, couple any of that with the news we are now at trillion dollar deficits and it will drop a lot, I think.

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

1, high energy costs.

The markets don’t react like they use to because now there is a good chance that the government will bail them out. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ah yes of course.

I've been heavily invested in the markets for about 30 years now and there is nothing new today that hasn't already been seen.  It will play out like it always does and people who try to time the markets usually end up losing their shirts esp when the best in the business admit they can't do it.  

I've done well in the market,  got in pretty heavy in Oct. Nov., 2009 with money I thought I would get high interest on when rates went up, got tired of waiting. Just dumb luck, I don't think it's really possible to time the market, you might get lucky once in a great while but luck is all it is.

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

Going to go long spxu with a good part of my 401k. 

Smh

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Smh....Jesus Christ Ben don’t be stupid.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ah yes of course.

/thread

46 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The markets don’t react like they use to because now there is a good chance that the government will bail them out. 

Oh for fuck sakes.....you’re still here?!

• Haha 1