Dow 26,000:

On 2/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm kidding, but the S&P500 is the index I actually care about, not the DOW. 

Good stuff though, I wonder how many Beta Potsies got back in?:lol:

Well if they missed January hiding on the sidelines they missed the boat.

11 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I think a lot of people could be admit they were wrong in this thread by now.... But they won't

Like the pros will say, "more money has been lost chasing stupidity trying to time the markets, that just riding it".  

Of course looking in the rear view mirror, it all looks easy.  There is no better place to be in than 100% equities for the long term, and I will challenge anyone who begs different.

Short term Beta strategies are just that.

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like the pros will say, "more money has been lost chasing stupidity trying to time the markets, that just riding it".  

Of course looking in the rear view mirror, it all looks easy.  There is no better place to be in than 100% equities for the long term, and I will challenge anyone who begs different.

Short term Beta strategies are just that.

It’s amazing to me how cocksure some are of themselves while being so assbackwards wrong.  A little knowledge of the history of the markets, as well as how different investments work would go a long way.  I have retired folks who weren’t stressed out when the paper value of some of their equities fell in 2018, because they were still up over 10% annually for the previous 10 years and they were still earning their dividends of 3-4-5-6+ %.   Now the the paper values are recovering, like they always do, there isn’t much to complain about.

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s amazing to me how cocksure some are of themselves while being so assbackwards wrong.  A little knowledge of the history of the markets, as well as how different investments work would go a long way.  I have retired folks who weren’t stressed out when the paper value of some of their equities fell in 2018, because they were still up over 10% annually for the previous 10 years and they were still earning their dividends of 3-4-5-6+ %.   Now the the paper values are recovering, like they always do, there isn’t much to complain about.

That's basically where I'm at, except still a decade away from retirement.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 6:28 AM, revkevsdi said:

Prediction time:

My guess is that Trump will continue to flail around and fuck up.  His minions will continue to ignore his lies, thievery and terrible choices.  

The Dow will get below 16,000 this year.  

11 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Next step 30,000:lol:

What an idiot.