Dow 26,000:

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Ive got your perdition for full market meltdown by summer of 19 noted

Do you also have my disclaimer stating I am almost 100% wrong 100% of the time in regards to 100% of my commentary on 100% of subject matter discussed? 

9 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Pretty much stagnant since the thread began.

Yay Trump...

A year and half ago the Dow was around 18000.  Its now hovering around 25000.  Thats up about 38%  You betcha Yay Trump.  :bc: 

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

19,800 close on inauguration day.  :bc:

7,950 when Obama took office.

Neal

Don't confuse the matter.  Driftbitch was talking about percentages. 

So during Obama's "disastrous (so say the people with TDS) Presidency the stock market increased 249%. 

43 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

19,800 close on inauguration day.  :bc:

7,950 when Obama took office.

Neal

And it was 18000 on election day, with predictions by elitist dweebs like Paul Krugman predicting the end of the world.  It rose to 19800 on inauguration day because....TRUMP.  7950 when Obama took office, but markets previous highwater mark was 14000ish.  8 years of malaise and anemic economic growth, the market recovered to its previous high water mark and ended at 18000 when the markets knew Trump was going to be president.  He did more in a year and a half than Obama did in 8   :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And it was 18000 on election day, with predictions by elitist dweebs like Paul Krugman predicting the end of the world.  It rose to 19800 on election day because....TRUMP.  7950 when Obama took office, but markets previous highwater mark was 14000ish.  8 years of malaise and anemic economic growth, the market recovered to its previous high water mark and ended at 18000 when the markets knew Trump was going to be president.   :bc: 

After Obama the markets would have corrected to 12000 regardless of who was in the white house, even RevBeta.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

After Obama the markets would have corrected to 12000 regardless of who was in the white house, even RevBeta.

Yup.  The markets ALWAYS come back.  We can throw statistics around all day long.  

EDIT:  I meant to say 19800 on inauguration day, not election day.

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And it was 18000 on election day, with predictions by elitist dweebs like Paul Krugman predicting the end of the world.  It rose to 19800 on election day because....TRUMP.  7950 when Obama took office, but markets previous highwater mark was 14000ish.  8 years of malaise and anemic economic growth, the market recovered to its previous high water mark and ended at 18000 when the markets knew Trump was going to be president.   :bc: 

Honestly, why do you bother?  Anybody giving Obama credit for any market correction is a complete fool.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well, let’s not be crazy.  Although, he’d have done every bit as well as Obama.  A rock could have done as good as Obama.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

And it was 18000 on election day, with predictions by elitist dweebs like Paul Krugman predicting the end of the world.  It rose to 19800 on inauguration day because....TRUMP.  7950 when Obama took office, but markets previous highwater mark was 14000ish.  8 years of malaise and anemic economic growth, the market recovered to its previous high water mark and ended at 18000 when the markets knew Trump was going to be president.  He did more in a year and a half than Obama did in 8   :bc: 

You are flat out incorrect.  So much for that intellectuall honesty.  Partisanship rules the day!

Neal

So instead of bitching back and forth, maybe there are some idea's out there?

USO - US Oil, has had some nice gains in the last month or so, but if you a bullish oil and gas rising its a play.  It is a schedule K ownership so come tax time you will pay on gains or write down on losses and of course your tax prepare will need another form (if they charge you by that).

ORC - do you like REIT's?  Currently paying almost 15% dividend..get in by 5/30 for this months payment.

T - AT&T, been beaten up over the last month or so.  Found some support around $31.50 - $32.  Has a nice 6% dividend that would appear safe.  June 12th the Govt decides on buyout of Time Warner.  I think poised for a leg up. 

TSLA - I'd say short Tesla but finding shares might be hard.  If you do Options, maybe some $250 puts.

What are your ideas?

12 minutes ago, F3600 said:

USO - US Oil, has had some nice gains in the last month or so, but if you a bullish oil and gas rising its a play.  It is a schedule K ownership so come tax time you will pay on gains or write down on losses and of course your tax prepare will need another form (if they charge you by that).

ORC - do you like REIT's?  Currently paying almost 15% dividend..get in by 5/30 for this months payment.

T - AT&T, been beaten up over the last month or so.  Found some support around $31.50 - $32.  Has a nice 6% dividend that would appear safe.  June 12th the Govt decides on buyout of Time Warner.  I think poised for a leg up. 

TSLA - I'd say short Tesla but finding shares might be hard.  If you do Options, maybe some $250 puts.

What are your ideas?

I dunno that I would short Tesla, the 3 is ramping up on orders that were laid out, it's beating the pants off the Bolt.

Neal

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You are flat out incorrect.  So much for that intellectuall honesty.  Partisanship rules the day!

Neal

I am using approximate numbers and I'm absolutely correct.  Whats all the ass rash about?

6 minutes ago, F3600 said:

What are your ideas?

I'd love a good back and forth,, but there are a couple idiots in here who make that impossible.  You have some good ideas.  REITs and Limited partnerships are paying some really good dividends, but their pricing and tax consequences have to be considered.  I like SPH right now.