Dow 26,000:

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

You said yourself the stocks average 8%. 

At 26,000 they were way above the average yet you thought they’d go to 30,000. 

You are the perfect example of who not to listen to. 

I just hope if the crash happens this time they don’t go bailing out all the banks and brokerage houses. 

Let the reset happen. 

SMH.....put a few more words in my mouth I never said asshole.  I said stocks have averaged an 8% annual return  for the past 95 years, simple reality.  I'm talking long term, and you're trying to ascribe a position to me that I never made with the 30,000 mark.  The question is not whether we get to 30,000, but when.  It could happen this year or next.  Or in 5 years.  Economic outlook by most is still strong, so feel free to speculate anyway you want..   And I appreciate the continued attacks on my character and profession, given I work for one of the most conservative and ethical financial services companies in the industry.  You're continued wishing of ill will on people, the markets and our country in general paints a really shitty picture of you in general guy.  

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I looked through all the info on the site and there were no docs or language indicating any charges for realignment of funds......I assume you are correct 

Ask or look for a Fee Summary Doc on their website, its required by law.  You may well be getting in and out fee free, then again, you might be taking it in the shorts hard depending on the fund or investment.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not in this economy they won't.  Are you buying the index?  Of course not.  My Canadian funds averaged about 10% over 10 years compared to the TSX return being flat.  I don't purchase indexes, active management is paramount.

Alotta guys read a People magazine article with some Warren Buffett quotes, and now they're experts on investing.   Easy peasy.  Last thing I want to do is go back and forth with someone like RevKevSDI of what he thinks he knows about the markets or how and what I do for a living. I would never act like its rocket science but there are fundamental things people need to know.  And there is an amazing amount of the population who's completely oblivious, and need help and guidance.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

SMH.....put a few more words in my mouth I never said asshole.  I said stocks have averaged an 8% annual return  for the past 95 years, simple reality.  I'm talking long term, and you're trying to ascribe a position to me that I never made with the 30,000 mark.  The question is not whether we get to 30,000, but when.  It could happen this year or next.  Or in 5 years.  Economic outlook by most is still strong, so feel free to speculate anyway you want..   And I appreciate the continued attacks on my character and profession, given I work for one of the most conservative and ethical financial services companies in the industry.  You're continued wishing of ill will on people, the markets and our country in general paints a really shitty picture of you in general guy.  

Ask or look for a Fee Summary Doc on their website, its required by law.  You may well be getting in and out fee free, then again, you might be taking it in the shorts hard depending on the fund or investment.

Alotta guys read a People magazine article with some Warren Buffett quotes, and now they're experts on investing.   Easy peasy.  Last thing I want to do is go back and forth with someone like RevKevSDI of what he thinks he knows about the markets or how and what I do for a living. I would never act like its rocket science but there are fundamental things people need to know.  And there is an amazing amount of the population who's completely oblivious, and need help and guidance.

Thanks.....I did find that fee summary doc and it outlined no charges for realignment......it did state what I pay for management fees and whatever other monthly fees there were. I think monthly statement fees etc etc. It all seemed pretty typical and reasonable 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yo Einstein - the market tripled under Obama and you spent 8 years bitching, moaning, and telling us the numbers were fake while pointing to the labor force participation rate.....as we know is related to the age demographics of our population.   Now you want to act coy while proclaiming the economy suddenly got better......so take your skewed drivel and minimal knowledge and shove it up Dumps ass when you give him his next rimmer :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Yo Einstein - the market tripled under Obama and you spent 8 years bitching, moaning, and telling us the numbers were fake while pointing to the labor force participation rate.....as we know is related to the age demographics of our population.   Now you want to act coy while proclaiming the economy suddenly got better......so take your skewed drivel and minimal knowledge and shove it up Dumps ass when you give him his next rimmer :thumbsup:

Dammm, the Drifta just got Busted :thumbsup:

On 2018-01-16 at 2:57 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

So basically Trump added more to the Dow in one year than what Obama added in eight.

On 2018-01-16 at 3:21 PM, JEFF said:

This is Obama's economy don't you know...

On 2018-01-16 at 9:36 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who’s fault will it be when it comes tumbling down? 

On 2018-01-16 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

On 2018-01-16 at 11:21 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It will hit 30K on that hope and hype. Then correct to the mean. Nothing spectacular. It isn't based on faulty practices just over-exuberance. That really isn't a bad thing. The red flags that do exist are overvaluation of good products as a whole. It is the equivalent of saying Apple had a record year in sales, so lets bump their price up 20% when only 10% is justified. The key is not that they overvalued the price per say, the key is they had a a record year. The speculating on what that means for next year is the over-exuberance that is pumping this sucker through the roof. The financial statements are still strong across the board. It is still hard to say for certain that the market isn't worthy of the price it currently has. It all depends on this year. If growth shows the results promised, that sucker is worth every penny of 30K. 

On 2018-01-17 at 12:28 AM, BOHICA said:

Ben jumped out a little early.  Tax cuts haven't even taken effect yet.  Give it just under a year.  If Democrats win the midterms jump out fast as shit is going to tank.

On 2018-01-17 at 7:06 AM, steve from amherst said:

If I was going to yank it I would do it late sept as most corrections happen in October.

On 2018-01-17 at 8:38 AM, DriftBusta said:

Oh Ben.  :pan:Takes-two-to-time-CO-2.jpg.11a7538ccddfd11aaf69bdf91124aeb9.jpg

From the very first line in your link:  'If ever there was a year to show investors that market timing is truly a fool’s errand, it was 2016"  

Who's claiming that?  All I'm saying is putting your money on the sidelines only takes a couple key strokes and/or a phone call.  I can even do it from my laptop with remote access. :lol:  But unless we see more than a 5-10% correction, and unless someone's only 5 years or so from retirement, the standard advice is to leave the money right where it is.   Never try and time the markets, its been pounded into our heads 1000 times by the veterans in this game, and the past year is perfect proof.  We are in uncharted territory, but the trend is still up.  All the rumblings I see, hear, read are thinking 30k is entirely possible this year.  Why not enjoy that ride?  On the other hand, for those close to retirement, or someone who's 50+ conservative and they want to hedge their gains, its not a bad protection strategy to put up to 30% into a good variable annuity right now.  In fact, i know where you can get one! :lol:  :bc: 

I like this thread. It's fun to quote people who thought they were market geniuses when they bought into a bubble.

Almost as much fun to imagine those slack jawed Trump supporters who cheered for Trumps trade war. 

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey dumbass! look up. lol

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I like this thread. It's fun to quote people who thought they were market geniuses when they bought into a bubble.

Almost as much fun to imagine those slack jawed Trump supporters who cheered for Trumps trade war. 

Heavens to murgatroyd, you are one dumb fuck.

I've been in the markets for decades and rode through many pullbacks and will be in the markets for decades to come.

Being concerned with short term market performance is for rank amateurs, junior achievers, whatever.  Stick to gic's of the flavour of the month short term bonds.:lol:

• Thanks 1

And?  Your reading comprehension is about 4th grade level in this thread.

Hey dumbass! look up. lol

I want you to do the same, then walk into the door frame as hard as you can.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Heavens to murgatroyd, you are one dumb fuck.

I've been in the markets for decades and rode through many pullbacks and will be in the markets for decades to come.

Being concerned with short term market performance is for rank amateurs, junior achievers, whatever.  Stick to gic's of the flavour of the month short term bonds.:lol:

Guy is unbelievable.  Trying to play gotcha with me, yet nothing I said months ago has changed.  Advice remains the same.  Same generic advice ANY good advisor would give.

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Guy is unbelievable.  Trying to play gotcha with me, yet nothing I said months ago has changed.  Advice remains the same.  Same generic advice ANY good advisor would give.

Its quite comical actually.  His long term plan is to wait it out until GIC's rise.

He once stated when he took over the family business, he was able to pay his dad more than if they cashed out and kept the money invested.:lol:

Now we know what that really means.:lol:

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its quite comical actually.  His long term plan is to wait it out until GIC's rise.

He once stated when he took over the family business, he was able to pay his dad more than if they cashed out and kept the money invested.:lol:

Now we know what that really means.:lol:

When He retired in the early 90’s he bought a 9% bond with the money he took out of the business. That matured a year before the crash. He put it all in cashables and bought bank stocks after the crash  

He made more with the half he left invested in the business than he did in those investments. 

Personally I don’t think the early 90’s was too long ago. 

We could return to those rates one day if there is a credit crunch. 

Ie.  if China won’t buy US bonds, the dollar starts to slip and then the rates have to rise because people won’t buy bonds based on a falling dollar without premiums on the interest rates. 

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

When He retired in the early 90’s he bought a 9% bond with the money he took out of the business. That matured a year before the crash. He put it all in cashables and bought bank stocks after the crash  

He made more with the half he left invested in the business than he did in those investments. 

Personally I don’t think the early 90’s was too long ago. 

We could return to those rates one day if there is a credit crunch. 

Ie.  if China won’t buy US bonds, the dollar starts to slip and then the rates have to rise because people won’t buy bonds based on a falling dollar without premiums on the interest rates. 

So what is the overall returns?  The average investor 20 year return is about 2%,  not even keeping up with inflation.  Even so, you really shouldn't have more than 20% invested in Canada and should be diversified outside.  Owning direct US stocks also has US Estate Tax implications for high net worth Canadians, although Canada/US treaty raised the limits from 5 million net worth to over 10 this year.  Thanks Trump.  BTW owning US mutual funds avoids that.

http://www.advisor.ca/tax/tax-news/4-structures-to-protect-canadians-from-the-u-s-estate-tax-219575

37 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Up 260 so far.

Some more Buffet quotes to capture the moment.

Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn't. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.

Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.

Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Some more Buffet quotes to capture the moment.

I love that guy. I’ve watched his moves in the past, copied them (obviously on a much smaller scale) and done very well. 

:bc: 

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

And?  Your reading comprehension is about 4th grade level in this thread.

I want you to do the same, then walk into the door frame as hard as you can.

I accused you of saying the Dow would go to 30,000.  You denied that you said that.

I put your quote in bold and you still deny it.

WoW!  You are either delusional or a fucking liar.  

Probably both. You practicing to take over from Trump?

13 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I accused you of saying the Dow would go to 30,000.  You denied that you said that.

I put your quote in bold and you still deny it.

WoW!  You are either delusional or a fucking liar.  

Probably both. You practicing to take over from Trump?

He didn't say the dow would hit 30000.... 

:lol:

3 hours ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

He didn't say the dow would hit 30000.... 

:lol:

Thank you Dave.  Jesus.   Could.   Would.  And I'm the delusional fucking liar. :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thank you Dave.  Jesus.   Could.   Would.  And I'm the delusional one. :lol:  :bc: 

rksdi is the most dishonest poster on this forum. Second easiest guy here to ignore. He doesn't deserve the time of day. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

rksdi is the most dishonest poster on this forum. Second easiest guy here to ignore. He doesn't deserve the time of day. 

I never would have guessed there were two snowriders in the world but here we are and here they are 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never would have guessed there were two snowriders in the world but here we are and here they are 

I’m the gold standard for excellence :thumbsup: