Gord Downie won't be down for breakfast....

Puzzleboy

56 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Anyway, I will be going full boar next week to try and get tickets to one of the shows

I'd rec only going to one of the shows.  If you decide to catch 2 or more, you will prolly be disappointed.   They are known to play the exact same set lists on tours.  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

I'd rec only going to one of the shows.  If you decide to catch 2 or more, you will prolly be disappointed.   They are known to play the exact same set lists on tours.  

That is the plan

Just a bit early.  Nobody recovers from what he has, unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, Stud boy said:

Agreed that the title was in poor taste. The man is not dead, hopefully his remaining days are kind to him.

Who's making jokes?  You guys need to look up the word "terminal".  He is not escaping this one, unfortunately.

Have I wished this on anybody?  I feel bad for him and his family.

In any case, fortunately, karma is not a real thing.  Like the tooth fairy or God.

If I am diagnosed with a terminal disease, you are more than welcome to start a thread.

I've always liked him too.  Will be sad to see him gone.

Sounds like some of you guys have a fear of death.  News flash:  nobody gets out alive.

Edited by Puzzleboy

On 5/28/2016 at 0:06 AM, Puzzleboy said:

I've always liked him too.  Will be sad to see him gone.

Sounds like some of you guys have a fear of death.  News flash:  nobody gets out alive.

He's alive and will be down for breakfast

27 minutes ago, Slider said:

was able to get 2 centre floor 21st row tickets for the 14th Aug show in Toronto

Congrats, I couldn't justify the price. Highest I saw was $1250 each for Kingston thru Ticket Master. F'n  nuts

On 5/27/2016 at 5:12 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Who's making jokes?  You guys need to look up the word "terminal".  He is not escaping this one, unfortunately.

Have I wished this on anybody?  I feel bad for him and his family.

In any case, fortunately, karma is not a real thing.  Like the tooth fairy or God.

If I am diagnosed with a terminal disease, you are more than welcome to start a thread.

"Getting tickets to an early show" I'd say is a bit of a shot...Anyway, you clearly don't know shit. The tooth fairy was just at my place a little while ago.

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Congrats, I couldn't justify the price. Highest I saw was $1250 each for Kingston thru Ticket Master. F'n  nuts

I paid $166 per ticket thru a  fan presale .That was regular price, I wouldn't have paid more .

9 minutes ago, Slider said:

I paid $166 per ticket thru a  fan presale .That was regular price, I wouldn't have paid more .

Cheapest I saw was 585 each, that was thru the Hip site link to Ticket Master

5 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Cheapest I saw was 585 each, that was thru the Hip site link to Ticket Master

Those must have been some platinum package deal as top price for a regular ticket was what I paid

50 minutes ago, Slider said:

Those must have been some platinum package deal as top price for a regular ticket was what I paid

That was the Platinum Pre Sale for Amex Cardholders today. Friday sales better go well for our group.

$1200 for the Hip is a bit insane.  I've seen them twice live (got free tickets), and they're not much of a concert/performance band, especially with their newer mellower stuff.  I would say his diagnosis is impacting the silly pricing..... sad really.

Save your money, and download their early discography.

$5999 at StubHub.  YGBFKM.  It's about the fans, after all.

Fuck Ebay/StubHub.  Why on earth we legalized scalping with no price ceilings is beyond me.  And how does StubHub legally get all the tickets?

Despicable in a way.  I believe in capitalism and free markets, but something stinks here.

Edited by Puzzleboy

57 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

$5999 at StubHub.  YGBFKM.  It's about the fans, after all.

Fuck Ebay/StubHub.  Why on earth we legalized scalping with no price ceilings is beyond me.  And how does StubHub legally get all the tickets?

Despicable in a way.  I believe in capitalism and free markets, but something stinks here.

Just like homes, right....

It does suck though.

Homes are a little different, and are more like any other traded commodity.

If Gord was not terminal, Hip tickets would never be $6000.  So what does that mean...... these scalpers are really preying on people's emotions.

It's a bit much.

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Just like homes, right....

It does suck though.

35 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Homes are a little different, and are more like any other traded commodity.

If Gord was not terminal, Hip tickets would never be $6000.  So what does that mean...... these scalpers are really preying on people's emotions.

It's a bit much.

But if it is "what the market will bear" and they sell, why not?!?!

The hip, or there management should have put something in place to avoid this, if possible....they had to of known it was going to happen, and I assume they would rather not see this happen.