Let’s talk Jeeps!

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Its a following , almost like the VW thing.

NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!!  Fucking jeep people are like harley and vette people.  Still, I'll admit..there really is something special about the wrangler style still.  Lota history.  I saw a late 70's (if I remember right) restored golden eagle CJ or CY on craigs a few years back.  I mean...BAD ASS.  Wanted like 30K for it!  

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!!  Fucking jeep people are like harley and vette people.  Still, I'll admit..there really is something special about the wrangler style still.  Lota history.  I saw a late 70's (if I remember right) restored golden eagle CJ or CY on craigs a few years back.  I mean...BAD ASS.  Wanted like 30K for it!  

Secret hand signs.

I love my 14 Wrangler RubiU.

If you go Cherokee def. get the 3.2 the 2.4 is a real turd. The 2018's have a real good rebate right now as the 2019 re-design is about to be released. We just bought a new GC and absoulutely love it. Had a wrangler for a short time and I really liked it but the gf was driving it the majority of the time and she has the kid and it just wasnt practical. GC is a very nice ride. If you decide to go new let me know ill hook you up with an employee discount. :bc: The GC will hold its value pretty well. The Cherokee can be had a pretty good deal with the big rebates right now. IMO the compass is overpriced and a similar trim Cherokee can be had for less and the one compass trailhawk i saw at the dealer  was priced damn near at what i paid for my GC pictured and the compass isnt built in America anymore so fuck that :bc:

IMG_6924.jpg

Edited by yami123
  • Thanks 1

Wife's ride is a 2014 GC and my daughter has a 15 Cherokee. The GC has been trouble free for 60k other than the shit my wife hits but that's hardly the cars fault. :lol:The Cherokee has been in for software updates for the 9 spd but otherwise dead nuts reliable and it's got somewhere around 75k miles. Pretty sure the GC is going down the road for a trackhawk come summer. Just what she needs, 700 HP.

Edit: wife had a 03 liberty that we kept for my daughter when she got her license that went 250k miles before the motor let go. We've miled up a couple GC's as well. Jeep on the whole have been reliable for us.

Edited by Rw06GT

5 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Wife's ride is a 2014 GC and my daughter has a 15 Cherokee. The GC has been trouble free for 60k other than the shit my wife hits but that's hardly the cars fault. :lol:The Cherokee has been in for software updates for the 9 spd but otherwise dead nuts reliable and it's got somewhere around 75k miles. Pretty sure the GC is going down the road for a trackhawk come summer. Just what she needs, 700 HP.

Edit: wife had a 03 liberty that we kept for my daughter when she got her license that went 250k miles before the motor let go. We've miled up a couple GC's as well. Jeep on the whole have been reliable for us.

Are you serious about a trackhawk for the wife lol?

2 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Are you serious about a trackhawk for the wife lol?

Put it this way, I bought her a 900 Enduro for last season and I got a sidewinder. She rode both and promptly took over the yammi. She is a bit of a speed freak. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Never understood Jeeps at all. They are very popular down here for some reason. To me they are totally useless. They suck at pulling shit , suck at hauling shit and you cant fit shit in them. Its like a car that gets shit mileage and some people think looks cool.

Alot of fun to daily drive, its a minimalist thing, alotta fun to two track and have a few "pops"

28 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Put it this way, I bought her a 900 Enduro for last season and I got a sidewinder. She rode both and promptly took over the yammi. She is a bit of a speed freak. :lol:

You need another wife lol? 

21 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Alot of fun to daily drive, its a minimalist thing, alotta fun to two track and have a few "pops"

I can see if I lived in the Yoop full time having something like a stripped wrangler or cj or even a samurai type rig......I think they would be more fun than a sxs

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

She actually makes good money and buys her own daily driver. :bc:  I'm in charge of toys. :lol:

A 90k daily she must do real well. 700 horse awd suv is just awesome especially the sound of that supercharged hemi :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Yes.

Who the fuck are you PRIVATE PYLE!!!!

Why do you have so many manly machines!!

Who the fuck are you?

Where are you from Private Pyle?

You are really pissin' me off Private Pyle !!!

Private Pyle if you post one more manly device, I swear to God, I will rip off your head, and shit down your neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, yami123 said:

I like what you have done to it. Not overkill and looks great :bc:

Thank you. At the end of the day you still have to be able to drive them. I have friends with sick ass jeeps but they’re all but worthless on road. This will get me anywhere I don’t belong and back out. :bc:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Thanks, I like it a lot. Fun rig for sure.

I spent a lot of time running the power lines and trails outside of manchvegas when I was in college. We had all kinds of shitty college kid trucks out there... Clapped out pickups, Jeeps, Pathfinders. One kid even gave it a go with his fucking chevette. Didn't get far :lol: Ahh good times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

Thank you. At the end of the day you still have to be able to drive them. I have friends with sick ass jeeps but they’re all but worthless on road. This will get me anywhere I don’t belong and back out. :bc:

I had a 16 unlimited sahara for a while and loved it. Its def not a good daily but its a very cool vehicle for sure :bc:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Yep.  Yours is set up perfect IMO.  That’s how mine would look too.

:bc:

• Like 1

Just go take the GC Trail Hawk  Hemi for a test drive. It's a poor mans G wagon or Rover.  We love ours and it is also the Rhino color.  Put it in sport mode and jump on the High way. It has the air suspension in it. Park mode= slammed to the ground, sport mode= sits like a SRT, off road one = goes up a inch and levels out, off road 2 = high as it goes and hope you make it. Mine is fully loaded and the next step up is the SRT or TrackHawk. The pics show a few of the different ride heights.

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Just go take the GC Trail Hawk  Hemi for a test drive. It's a poor mans G wagon or Rover.  We love ours and it is also the Rhino color.  Put it in sport mode and jump on the High way. It has the air suspension in it. Park mode= slammed to the ground, sport mode= sits like a SRT, off road one = goes up a inch and levels out, off road 2 = high as it goes and hope you make it. Mine is fully loaded and the next step up is the SRT or TrackHawk. The pics show a few of the different ride heights.

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

Dude, it’s for my wife.  She doesn’t need a fucking hemi.  Any issues with yours?