Let’s talk Jeeps!

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wheel spacer/adapters.  The back spacing on the 2018 wheels is 1" more than the 2006 wheels.  I got 1" spacer/adapters.   I bought billet ones from G2.  The local Jeep shop here in town stocks them.  

gotcha i thought you weren't going to do spacers. 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

gotcha i thought you weren't going to do spacers. 

I wasn't but looked into other options and read up a bunch on good spacers and decided that the billet anodized adapters from G2 would work just fine.  I also didn't realize the back spacing on the new wheels was so much bigger than the stock wheels.  I felt an adaptor would make the wheels stick out past the fenders an inch and I wasn't interested in that look.  Once I figured out the difference in back spacing the adapters made more sense.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

new tires and wheels on the boys today,  bit different offset combined with the wider tire looks good,  have to see if the inspection gives me a hard time with them being outside the flares.    now i need to see if i can get 100 out of some corroded canyon rims

jeepnewtire2.jpg

jeepnewtires.jpg

Looks great.  Nice JKU behind it too.  Who's is that?  

I keep seeing new Jeep's with fucking snorkels on them driving around. Why in the fuck are these cidiots buying brand new Jeep's with snorkels to drive around the city and go to work in? And are you really going to drive your brand new Jeep in shoulder deep water? Fucking dumb...

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Buddy was kicking the tires on this. Probably end his marriage. 

303ECC22-7085-453F-9087-5C134C023E3E.jpeg

FFEC1669-1EFC-4D09-AA08-DFB4A0EF3A3A.jpeg

0DFE0971-014B-411A-AF1D-5AF5A82FE9BC.jpeg

Would he actually use it as intended or just to get groceries?

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Would he actually use it as intended or just to get groceries?

He has a pretty nice  wrangler now.  We all make fun of him for driving it  like an old lady when we go four wheeling. 

I would think jumping a curb at the mall would be the most off road it would see by 99% of people buying It. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

He has a pretty nice  wrangler now.  We all make fun of him for driving it  like an old lady when we go four wheeling. 

I would think jumping a curb at the mall would be the most off road it would see by 99% of people buying It. 

that is the very definition of poser 

Just now, f7ben said:

that is the very definition of poser 

If I had that kind of money to spend on a vehicle, it sure the he’ll wouldn’t be a Jeep. 

That is a baller ride. 

39 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wife’s friend has a brand new, bad ass Rubicon.  She beats it like a rented mule. 

I thought she was going to kill me up at the dunes. 

We have a huge jeep club here in Alaska. I bet nearly 50% of the JKU owners are single females.  Almost every one of them is under 35. Most can wheel pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We have a huge jeep club here in Alaska. I bet nearly 50% of the JKU owners are single females.  Almost every one of them is under 35. Most can wheel pretty good. 

sounds gay

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Definitely a lot of women owning jeeps. 

Funny, when my wife's friend  got her first jeep, she joined some club.  They were meeting in a parking lot, where they brought these plastic blocks to drive up on.

Ummm, yeah, cool, so when is the next ride?

What do you mean? 

When are we going off roading?

Oh, we don't take our expensive  jeeps off road?  

:lol: 

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Cold War said:

Buddy was kicking the tires on this. Probably end his marriage. 

303ECC22-7085-453F-9087-5C134C023E3E.jpeg

FFEC1669-1EFC-4D09-AA08-DFB4A0EF3A3A.jpeg

0DFE0971-014B-411A-AF1D-5AF5A82FE9BC.jpeg

Hate it when people don’t wrap synthetic line right...  easy way to identify a poser and is a pet peace of mine.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

That's a ridiculous looking Jeep. :lol:

yes but i am sure they sell a lot of them,  we have a local jeep dealer that does similar.  Kid who played ball with my son pretty much has that at this point,  started out with a stock JK for his first car and in the last 2 years has gotten all the goodies for it.  

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Hate it when people don’t wrap synthetic line right...  easy way to identify a poser and is a pet peace of mine.

Whats wrong with the way that synthetic line is wrapped.