Talk about Shitholes

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea I forgot you know the racial makeup of the City of Chicago better than I do :lol: 

The Albany Park neighborhood is a mix of hispanic and white, so I'm guessing that would be the makeup of the robbers. Drugs are becoming a problem up there and that's too bad as it's a nice neighborhood.

Yeah cause blacks never go into white neighborhoods.  :lmao:

8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Oh man when I first saw this topic title I thought for sure it was going to be about Pontypool Ontario :lol: 

Anyhow the crime above happened in the block of 4600 N Albany, decent neighborhood and if I had to guess based on the address I would say the robbers were probably white.

Come on man. Really? 

15 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea I forgot you know the racial makeup of the City of Chicago better than I do :lol: 

The Albany Park neighborhood is a mix of hispanic and white, so I'm guessing that would be the makeup of the robbers. Drugs are becoming a problem up there and that's too bad as it's a nice neighborhood.

Most everyone on this site knows more about everything than you Ballsack you stupid dago midget penis headed FUCK :finger3: 

12 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yeah cause blacks never go into white neighborhoods.  :lmao:

I would say we have less than 5% blacks living in our area and surrounding areas.  I'd also bet 98% of our crime is people of color coming from several miles away or better. 

16 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Chicago is a huge shithole

The whole state of Illinois is a shithole, especially when it comes to fiscal responsibility. Not to mention they also have the Bears :lmao:

Heavy losses of Illinoisans to other states have caused the Land of Lincoln to shrink for four consecutive years.

New data from the U.S. Census Bureau are revealing the severity of Illinois’ people problem.

From July 2016 to July 2017, Illinois saw a net loss of nearly 115,000 people to other states on net, or 1 person every 4.6 minutes. Even on a per capita basis, no neighboring state came close to those losses.

Since 2010, Illinois has lost nearly 643,000 residents to other states on net. That’s equivalent to the populations of the four largest cities outside of Chicago combined: Aurora, Rockford, Joliet and Naperville.

Due to Illinois’ domestic migration problem, the Land of Lincoln has been shrinking in population for four consecutive years. Only West Virginia has seen more consecutive years of population decline, with five. Meanwhile, none of Illinois’ neighboring states have experienced population decline since 2011, when Michigan saw a minor downturn.

While Illinois gained more then 47,200 people through natural growth (births minus deaths) and saw a net gain of 33,700 people from international migration over the year, those increases were wiped out by losses to other states. That caused the state’s population to shrink.

Illinois’ population loss was worse than any other state in raw numbers, and the third worst in percentage terms. It was enough to strip the Land of Lincoln of its title as the fifth-largest state, a spot that now belongs to Pennsylvania.

The continuing erosion of Illinois’ tax base is the state’s most pressing budget problem. For too many families, the high cost of government and the resulting laggard economy has made Illinois an unattractive place in which to plant roots.

State and local politicians must take aggressive action to rein in those costs. Even the fear of further tax hikes is enough to drive further outmigration, so time is of the essence.

Bringing fairness to the stacked deck of government worker union negotiations is one place to start. Government worker unions in Illinois currently have the power to hold taxpayers over a barrel, so it’s no wonder residents are stuck paying some of the nation’s highest property taxes.

At the same time, leaders must move to consolidate scores of Illinois governments. The Land of Lincoln is home to more taxing bodies than any other state, by far.

Further, passing a property tax freeze on homeowners’ actual bills (not just the levies of local governments) and requiring voter approval for property tax hikes are two powerful reforms that would go a long way for Illinois families dealing with stagnant incomes. After all, property taxes are the largest tax Illinoisans pay.

Rather than tackle any of these issues, Illinois lawmakers have instead opted for massive tax hikes with no reform. And local governments across the state are following suit.

Reforms to grow the state’s economy – rather than continuing to hit up tapped out residents – should be at the top of every lawmaker’s list of New Year’s resolutions.

Edited by snoughnut

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

People and Corps are leaving in droves because of high taxes, and their answer is to raise the taxes! Gotta love them liberals. :bc: 

Tenant space work downtown is red hot and they are building on every square inch. If everybody is leaving who is gonna pay for all of this new stuff?

And shouldn't trumps tax cut bring everybody back with higher wages?

14 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Tenant space work downtown is red hot and they are building on every square inch. If everybody is leaving who is gonna pay for all of this new stuff?

And shouldn't trumps tax cut bring everybody back with higher wages?

So is MKE-  I have no idea where all these people are coming in from but it looks really really nice with what they have done so far. 

Just now, jammin said:

So is MKE-  I have no idea where all these people are coming in from but it looks really really nice with what they have done so far. 

I've been to Milwaukee twice in the last month, it hopping there. It's hopping everywhere. We are starting to do a bunch if work in Indianapolis also. :bc:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Oh man when I first saw this topic title I thought for sure it was going to be about Pontypool Ontario :lol: 

Anyhow the crime above happened in the block of 4600 N Albany, decent neighborhood and if I had to guess based on the address I would say the robbers were probably white.

Eastern Block Europeans?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Could be , seems to be more then a few.

The north side of Chicago is loaded with them. The parents are typically hard workers, and are into rehabbing apartments and store fronts. A bunch of there kids are thugs. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

The north side of Chicago is loaded with them. The parents are typically hard workers, and are into rehabbing apartments and store fronts. A bunch of there kids are thugs. 

I delivered some used sleds there from Maine for a Russian that was exporting them. Was kinda surprised how many there were. That being said I had never been there before ( half the reason I took the load ) so didn't know what to expect.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I delivered some used sleds there from Maine for a Russian that was exporting them. Was kinda surprised how many there were. That being said I had never been there before ( half the reason I took the load ) so didn't know what to expect.

Most of the stolen cars in Chicago end up in The Eastern Block European countries. Strong Russian Mob ties on the north side of Chicago. They are also into buying up high end totaled out vehicles. They hack them back together and ship them all over the world to unsuspecting buyers.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Most of the stolen cars in Chicago end up in The Eastern Block European countries. Strong Russian Mob ties on the north side of Chicago. They are also into buying up high end totaled out vehicles. They hack them back together and ship them all over the world to unsuspecting buyers.

When I was waiting to get unloaded there had to be 4 car carriers coming in and I couldn't help but wonder how many were stolen.

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

People and Corps are leaving in droves because of high taxes, and their answer is to raise the taxes! Gotta love them liberals. :bc: 

I was just in Chicago last week.  10% sales tax.  Property taxes through the roof.  My BIL lives in the burbs.  Lives in a modest 2400 SQFT house built in 1995.  Pays almost $8000 in property taxes.  Pays $2000 for home owners insurance. Pays almost $100 per month in vehicle registrations.  It cost him almost $1000/month just to breath the Chicago air.  He was born and raised in Chicago and is liberal to the core but he's starting to realize that Chicago is not a very good place to grow old. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was just in Chicago last week.  10% sales tax.  Property taxes through the roof.  My BIL lives in the burbs.  Lives in a modest 2400 SQFT house built in 1995.  Pays almost $8000 in property taxes.  Pays $2000 for home owners insurance. Pays almost $100 per month in vehicle registrations.  It cost him almost $1000/month just to breath the Chicago air.  He was born and raised in Chicago and is liberal to the core but he's starting to realize that Chicago is not a very good place to grow old. 

Fuck all that shit. Fuck it hard.

This is another example of democrats working for the middle class, right?

10.25% sales tax. I simply wouldn't live somewhere that the government took that kind of coin.

And the possibility of this would make the decision easy.

It is time to amend the Illinois Constitution to authorize Chicago to enact an income tax. This step has the potential to break the current deadlock over how to repair Chicago’s municipal and school finances.

No one likes increased taxes, but a local income tax has a number of clear advantages over any other revenue source available to the city. First, an income tax is the only feasible tax which will produce enough revenue to stabilize Chicago’s finances. The only other potential new revenue source which has been mentioned, a tax on services, raises a number of serious practical and constitutional questions. These were recognized by the Illinois Supreme Court when it struck down a Chicago service tax in 1981. It is also instructive that service taxes subsequently adopted by the city of Boston and the state of Florida were quickly repealed in the face of legal challenges and widespread public opposition.