Nationwide raid

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We are very close if not at full employment right now, so the solution according to you folks is to overheat the job market so we end up with an inflationary rise in wages and the accompanying rise in the cost of goods and services, interesting. 

You mean like rapidly rising MW would cause that your side supports?  

I'm not naive enough to think we will won't need workers as our economy grows however it should be controlled, invited workers that we know who they are with no quick gifts of citizenship.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You mean like rapidly rising MW would cause that your side supports?  

I'm not naive enough to think we will won't need workers as our economy grows however it should be controlled, invited workers that we know who they are with no quick gifts of citizenship.  

The only way for sustained growth in this country is via immigration, our birth rate is at historic lows and it's just not enough for growth.

The cat is out of the bag, come mid century the white man will be the minority in the USA and that's even if we never let another brown man in.........and now the end is near................I and now I hear Frank :bc: 

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I had a Mexican crew out here doing my basement drywall. Blew my mind how fast it was done, looked good and the price was fair.

:bc: 

Most I've met were hard workers , reliable and did good work. Never tried to chisel you out of more money than was agreed upon either.

• Gold Member

If roofing paid $65 an hour with a very liberal benefit package with guaranteed 5 12’s with all hours over 40 being paid at double time I will go roofing and prolly bring a bunch of guys as any roofing contractor needs.

good. just slap the shit out of the owners who hired them.

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

Hopefully they let the poor clerks go and they are going to fine the businesses out of existence 

agreed

16 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The people will lose their livelihood and the corporation exploiting their labor will use some of the proceeds of this theft to pay the government a small fine. 

You know that's how this is going to go down. 

yep

7 hours ago, Snake said:

So lemme get this straight.

Buy American and help the American businesses and workers, but don't you do anything to raise their wages and have to pay a little more.

"Don't buy at Walmart, they don't pay enough."

I'm so confused.

Clearly you are very confused. What else is new?

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

If roofing paid $65 an hour with a very liberal benefit package with guaranteed 5 12’s with all hours over 40 being paid at double time I will go roofing and prolly bring a bunch of guys as any roofing contractor needs.

You're way to fucking old for roofing.....you'd be crying after one shift 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nah...  pretty simple really.  

Simple yes....hard on the body to the max though. I couldnt do it for a living any more. My back wont take it. Just standing on the roof all day kills my back

18 hours ago, snoughnut said:

The roofing contractors are shaking in their boots now. :lmao:

Eh? The entire Construction industry, landscaping, hotel workers, restaurant workers, golf courses/ country clubs, textiles, ....