Nationwide raid

BOHICA

19 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The roofing contractors are shaking in their boots now. :lmao:

The sad thing is that no one wants to be a roofer even though women cream their pants over Channing Tatum being a roofer in Magic Mike...

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

The sad thing is that no one wants to be a roofer even though women cream their pants over Channing Tatum being a roofer in Magic Mike...

It's a tough occupation, what happens when we deport all those doing the jobs that no native americans will do? 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

fuck I loved doing roofs.....its great honest work and you can make good money. It takes its toll on your body though and I am paying for that now. Its a young mans game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hopefully they let the poor clerks go and they are going to fine the businesses out of existence 

The people will lose their livelihood and the corporation exploiting their labor will use some of the proceeds of this theft to pay the government a small fine. 

You know that's how this is going to go down. 

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a tough occupation, what happens when we deport all those doing the jobs that no native americans will do? 

Increase the pay to attract workers....

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Wildboer said:

That's not necessarily true, most Americans just won't do it for $10 - $15 per hr. like the beaners will.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The wages go up high enough that Americans will do them.

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Increase the pay to attract workers....

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I don't supposed the Blue Check Brigade will get off its lazy ass and work....

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The wages go up high enough that Americans will do them.

We are very close if not at full employment right now, so the solution according to you folks is to overheat the job market so we end up with an inflationary rise in wages and the accompanying rise in the cost of goods and services, interesting. 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

We are very close if not at full employment right now, so the solution according to you folks is to overheat the job market so we end up with an inflationary rise in wages and the accompanying rise in the cost of goods and services, interesting. 

Vin the humanitarian loves him some cheap Latino labor....:dunno:

23 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not necessarily true, most Americans just won't do it for $10 - $15 per hr. like the beaners will.

Not wanting to do it for the prevailing wage is still not wanting to do it imo 

So lemme get this straight.

Buy American and help the American businesses and workers, but don't you do anything to raise their wages and have to pay a little more.

"Don't buy at Walmart, they don't pay enough."

I'm so confused.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Buy American and help the American businesses and workers, but don't you do anything to raise their wages and have to pay a little more.

I'm so confused.

Hey now!  I told you before you cannot put 2 liberal arguments together.  It will confuse anyone with common sense.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm so confused.

Of course you're confused....you wear the union label. Insulted from the real work.....er...world. 

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

fuck I loved doing roofs.....its great honest work and you can make good money. It takes its toll on your body though and I am paying for that now. Its a young mans game

I liked doing roofing too, one of my best friends owned a home building company, he paid me to do many of the roofs. Guy who owns the Cabin across the road from me now was part owner of Dalco Roofing and has some pretty wild stories about roofing commercial buildings..

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Mexi crews get the same money white crews do. If I had my choice id take the Mexicans any day and if I had to I'd pay more for them

Edited by f7ben

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mexi crews get the same money white crews do. If I had my choice id take the Mexicans any day and if I had to I'd pay more for them

I had a Mexican crew out here doing my basement drywall. Blew my mind how fast it was done, looked good and the price was fair.

:bc: