Walmart closes 63 stores.

I do not think I have ever been in a dollar store . I know a bud has been working for a yr on a deal with some dollar chain for the shit he has been importing for 30 yrs . he is saying it will be a massive bump  for his biz .and he is already very large most people with pets have some of his shit 

27 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Right, because they sell canned food from China in every local store but people prefer the $1 canned goods from Dollar general instead.

I have seen canned food from China since I looked at some of the organic vegetables.  

ChinaPeas, your thoughts?

• Platinum Contributing Member

I shop at my local grocery all the time despite the high prices, lack of selection, half empty shelves, etc....Moto knows the one I'm talking about. Last week the other Grocery in town....Olesons....had to close and is till closed because of a fire. You would think Family Fare would take advantage of this but instead they have gotten worse with the increased demand. I agree with shop local but that doesn't mean consumers should tolerate subpar standards.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I shop at my local grocery all the time despite the high prices, lack of selection, half empty shelves, etc....Moto knows the one I'm talking about. Last week the other Grocery in town....Olesons....had to close and is till closed because of a fire. You would think Family Fare would take advantage of this but instead they have gotten worse with the increased demand. I agree with shop local but that doesn't mean consumers should tolerate subpar standards.

Correct.  I try very hard to shop at the local  stores , but sometimes my   choices are elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Not sure about that. Been in one a couple times. Prices seemed higher then reg stores.

TBH I buy things like laundry detergent, Toilet paper, paper towel, etc....at the local Dollar General. The price difference on those items compared to the grocery store makes it worthwhile not to mention they are in the same plaza.

12 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Walmart has shifted to a larger online presence after the purchase of Jet. It’s not surprising that they’d shut down Sams Clubs. In reality, Walmart has done pretty well the past few years. This isn’t them showing weakness by any means. 

Be careful, logical analysis is frowned upon around here.  

Aldi is kicking ass, we are shopping there more and more but id say 70% of what we buy comes from Meijer and the rest Sams club and Aldi

Our Sans club is closing, it reopens today at 10am till next week, we'r going there today to mop up one last time

Just now, MiSledder said:

Aldi is kicking ass, we are shopping there more and more but id say 70% of what we buy comes from Meijer and the rest Sams club and Aldi

Our Sans club is closing, it reopens today at 10am till next week, we'r going there today to mop up one last time

Sam's club doesnt accept coupons do they??

Just now, Zambroski said:

Not by all.

:bc:

Welcome back....where you been?   I figured a sled trip took longer because that 600 couldn't keep up.  :frech:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Welcome back....where you been?   I figured a sled trip took longer because that 600 couldn't keep up.  :frech:

:lol:

No...just go busy with some old friends last weekend.  Getting ramped back up to get on this economic Trump train.  

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

FUCK YOU ZAM! DONT BE ACTING ALL COY AFTER SNOWRIDER RAN YOUR BITCH ASS OFF!

:lol:

He was probably scared to death.  He knows when he sees me post he has 3-4 hours before hell could be on his ass.  :lmao:

I wonder if he rolls out that body bag.  :lmao: