Fiat - Bundy to move Ram truck production to Michigan. Invest $ 1 billion in plant , 2500 new workers, $ 2k bonuses to all workers. Bye , bye mexico !!

Just now, racer254 said:

Just got to speak with your $$$.  Look for vin numbers starting with a 1.

Or pop the door open, there’s usually a factory sticker from where it was made. I’ll buy a Toyota or Honda made here in the Midwest before I buy a Mexican built Chevy. Auto plants jobs are high paying jobs...need more of those here imo.

:lol: maybe you clowns should read before rubbing each other off. so thanks Obama, for getting the preliminaries of all this, rolling. what a bunch of fucking retards...

News of the investment follows similar announcements from just over a year ago, when Fiat Chrysler said part of a $1 billion investment in Michigan and Ohio would go to Warren Assembly to produce the all-new Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. That investment is also expected to be completed by 2020.

Mark Hackel, Macomb County executive, said the Thursday announcement is part of an ongoing narrative. Detroit’s Big Three have invested billions in Michigan and Macomb County in the last few years, and that’s a statement to the strength of the region, he said.

“This is unbelievable,” Hackel said. “This is an amazing statement. ... We are basically Ram county now. (Marchionne) has a big hug coming from me at the auto show next week.”

The company since June 2009 has invested $10 billion in U.S. plants. That includes $1.5 billion to retool the Sterling Heights Assembly to build the next-generation Ram 1500; $1 billion split between Warren Assembly and the Toledo Assembly Complex; $350 million at the Belvidere Assembly Plant to make the Jeep Cherokee; and $700 million at the Toledo Assembly Complex to produce the next-generation Jeep Wrangler.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yami123 said:

Not sure how i feel about the re-design. Will need to see it in other trim levels i guess.

FB_IMG_1515763580209.jpg

I like it, the 09 design is long in tooth.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I see em around but in the construction industry they are notorious for blown trannys. 

Disclaimer , not trying to excite wild bore with that comment.

My 11 has been very reliable and trouble free.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So your donating any bonus you may get to the treasury? Now that's how to put your money where your mouth is, I applaud you , fool.

Not voluntarily.  It’ll just sort of be skimmed off the top of my paychecks at a future date along with the extra interest once we get someone more fiscally responsible in office.  The smart thing to do is plan ahead for that certainty, foolio.

I just have to laugh my ass off at yayhoos like you who seem to think it’s all just a free lunch with no future repucussions.  Short term gain, long term fail.  But repugnants aren’t really concerned with the long term prognosis when there busy just trying to look awesome for the next election rather than risk doing the unpopular but responsible thing like Bush #41 had the balls to do in the early 90’s and in part, it probably cost him the election.

Edited by XC.Morrison