Fiat - Bundy to move Ram truck production to Michigan. Invest $ 1 billion in plant , 2500 new workers, $ 2k bonuses to all workers. Bye , bye mexico !!

more winning I guess ha @snorider 

The automaker also plans to give its 60,000 hourly and salaried U.S. employees $2,000 bonuses.

“These announcements reflect our ongoing commitment to our U.S. manufacturing footprint and the dedicated employees who have contributed to FCA’s success,” CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement. “It is only proper that our employees share in the savings generated by tax reform and that we openly acknowledge the resulting improvement in the U.S. business environment by investing in our industrial footprint accordingly.”

The company said the move solidifies the U.S. as a manufacturing hub for Ram vehicles. Marchionne and the company said both the new investment and the bonuses were “made possible in part by the passage of U.S. tax reform legislation late last year.”

• Gold Member

Would you consider new tax base and wages of these new auto employees in the US as taking those jobs from Mexico ???essentially taking jobs and money out of Mexico and new take base that can help pay for the wall..  looks like Mexico is pay for the wall wether they like it our not!!!

7 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s pretty sweet that al these companies are giving out bonuses.  I hope mine follows suit.  Then we can all use those bonuses to pay off this years anticipated deficit increase plus interest at a later time!!!

Wait that was still because of Obama’s economy right...

24 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So gm is like the only manufacture that still makes pickups in Mexico and sells in the US???

They need to move it back. I can see on the small cars where the margin is thin but they make a ton of money on the trucks.

43 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

It’s pretty sweet that al these companies are giving out bonuses.  I hope mine follows suit.  Then we can all use those bonuses to pay off this years anticipated deficit increase plus interest at a later time!!!

Another liberal is suddenly concerned about the deficit,   :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

So your donating any bonus you may get to the treasury? Now that's how to put your money where your mouth is, I applaud you , fool.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I honestly don’t know anyone that owns a Ram truck

I see em around but in the construction industry they are notorious for blown trannys. 

Disclaimer , not trying to excite wild bore with that comment.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Wow, totally surprised you don’t have many friends....

I have many great life long friends. 

Not sure why a quasi sled site chickenhawk trump supporter would care though.

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I see em around but in the construction industry they are notorious for blown trannys. 

Disclaimer , not trying to excite wild bore with that comment.

Correct ,  steering issues ,  electrical issues , toasted automatic transmissions , rotted brake lines front to rear, rusted bodies and cracked frames . Piss poor resale value compared to gubermint motors trucks or ford trucks.  I buy them broken and very cheap for plow scows , in most cases the plow is worth more than the truck.

41 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Not since the 8speeds. Mine has been flawless to 80+k.

I like the new look. Was waiting to see if I'll be buying a 18 or 19. 19 it is.