New Doo 600

Puzzleboy

Brand new narrowed engine.  They gotta recoup their costs..... Lol 

People will pay for a premium product; but most seem to think 600 pricing is so close to 850s now, that the market is shrinking. 

1 hour ago, steve6 said:

Starting: $15,500

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Brand new narrowed engine.  They gotta recoup their costs..... Lol 

People will pay for a premium product; but most seem to think 600 pricing is so close to 850s now, that the market is shrinking. 

Yep, not sure when it happened but the 600's have gotten fewer and fewer.

Tooling wise, it can't cost must different to produce a 600 compared to an 850. A friend mine's wife was riding an 09 600 Etech until it popped at the end of the season. She went shopping for a new sled and found a smokin deal on an 850 so she bought.

This 600R is basically a glorified X package but comes with XRS front shocks from what I've read.

What's the price difference to have the 850?

Ridiculous pricing....by the time you get it home, prep, and spare belt, plus the addition of a pull starter it is almost $18000.00 for a little 600.  BRP....Belt Rings and Pistons have lost their mind...but Puzzle thinks that is a reasonable price...

19 minutes ago, Allison Burgers said:

$1600 more than a 2018 XCR 600 and $300 more than a 2018 XCR 800....does it at least have a pull cord in case the Battery dies for that price?

No.  Dealer installed option though

You could get 3 Polaris EvoScoots for that kinda money.  (effectively tripling this year's production).  

Doo uses the reverse of Polaris ideology.  Therefore, a pull cord is optional, but high quality and innovation are built into every machine. 

1 hour ago, Allison Burgers said:

$1600 more than a 2018 XCR 600 and $300 more than a 2018 XCR 800....does it at least have a pull cord in case the Battery dies for that price?

Edited by Puzzleboy

People will pay a premium for Doo quality.  Their commanding share of the market is evidence of that. 

The Poo might be $1600 cheaper up front, but by the time you add in all the Polaris recalls for ECUs, piston reliability kits, migrated snowflaps, missing suspension parts, unplanned dealer trips, and bottom o' the barrel resale value...... the Doo is much farther ahead from a financial perspective.

"Sometimes in life, you have to pay more to get more."     -   Puzzleboy, 2018

LOL.   Just trolling......I think it's a lot for a 600 too.  Nice sled though, good shocks, etc. .....  But I still question the wisdom of pricey 600s.  We'll see what the market does.... as you said before, a "Spark" approach might be wiser. 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Ridiculous pricing....by the time you get it home, prep, and spare belt, plus the addition of a pull starter it is almost $18000.00 for a little 600.  BRP....Belt Rings and Pistons have lost their mind...but Puzzle thinks that is a reasonable price...

Edited by Puzzleboy

49 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

LOL.   Just trolling......I think it's a lot for a 600 too.  Nice sled though, good shocks, etc. .....  But I still question the wisdom of pricey 600s.  We'll see what the market does.... as you said before, a "Spark" approach might be wiser. 

That is obvious.....says guy that hasn't bought a new sled in 16 years....lol....troll away, we are on to you.

Damn, I thought my secret was safe. 

I'm waiting for something innovative, before I buy new.   Didn't want to rush into anything...... I hear in 2030 the Doo 600 will levitate. 

It's only obvious because I have NOW confirmed it. 

Lol. 

Think of that new Doo as the feature stripper, the one that only comes out once or twice a night. 

Then there's the fat one with pit hair that you think you're in love with after a dozen beers.  Sure, she still gets the job done. Wearing that red and black outfit you like.... it's like that.

chuby.gif

Edited by Puzzleboy

9 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Lol. 

Think of that new Doo as the feature stripper, the one that only comes out once or twice a night. 

Then there's the fat one with pit hair that you think you're in love with after a dozen beers.  Sure, she still gets the job done. Wearing that red and black outfit you like.... it's like that.

You are speaking from experience.....riding old sleds.....you would be OK with pit hair.....and riding a Doo 1200 would be like riding a fat chic....just don’t get caught.....:). 

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

You are speaking from experience.....riding old sleds.....you would be OK with pit hair.....and riding a Doo 1200 would be like riding a fat chic....just don’t get caught.....:). 

Just pulls the belt a little tighter on his mono suit to get rid of the beer belly as well. 

• Like 1

Spoken like a true former 1200 owner...... didn't you have that machine for several reliable seasons?  :)

4 minutes ago, Poncho said: