Another Christian.....

• Platinum Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics/eric-greitens-affair/index.html

While I could care less about what someone does in their personal life including politicians - the hypocrisy of Christian Conservative Repugs never gets old. :lmao::bigfinger: to the fuxkers who want to legislate their morality from office. 

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens admits to affair but denies blackmail allegation

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens delivers the annual State of the State address to a joint session of the House and Senate, Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018, in Jefferson City, Mo. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

(CNN)Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens admitted to having an extramarital affair, but denied blackmailing the woman with a nude photo, which was alleged to have been taken without her consent.

CNN affiliate KMOV published a report Wednesday after a months-long investigation into Greitens, a rising star in the Republican Party.

The governor and his wife, Sheena Greitens, released a joint statement late Wednesday that said years before he had been elected governor, "there was a time when he was unfaithful in our marriage."

"This was a deeply personal mistake. Eric took responsibility, and we dealt with this together honestly and privately. While we never would have wished for this pain in our marriage, or the pain that this has caused others, with God's mercy Sheena has forgiven and we have emerged stronger," according to the couple's statement.

KMOV aired parts of a recording of a woman telling her then-husband about a consensual sexual encounter she had with Greitens in 2015, before he became governor. 

The woman's now ex-husband recorded their personal conversation without her knowledge.

In it, the woman said she went to Greiten's house where the sexual encounter took place, and that he had taken a photo of her while she was blindfolded. "You're never going to mention my name, otherwise there will be pictures of me [the woman] everywhere," she recalled Greitens telling her, in the recording.

In the recorded conversation, the woman said Greitens apologized afterward and told her he deleted the picture, KMOV reported.

"He took a picture of my wife naked as blackmail. There is no worse person," the ex-husband told the station.

Greiten's lawyer, James Bennett denied there was any blackmail.

"There was no blackmail and that claim is false," Bennett said. "This personal matter has been addressed by the Governor and Mrs. Greitens privately years ago when it happened. The outrageous claims of improper conduct regarding these almost three-year-ago events are false."

Bennett said the TV station didn't make the recording or the transcript available to them before it ran on air and said its story "contained multiple false allegations."

"The claim that this nearly three-year-old story has generated or should generate law enforcement interest is completely false," he said.

KMOV's story didn't identify the woman and her now ex-husband. They divorced in 2016, according to the station. The woman also didn't make an on-the-record comment to the station.

When asked whether Greitens had ever made a settlement with the woman, Bennett said: "There has been no claim. No settlement. No settlement agreement."

The news of the extramarital affair came on the same night that Greitens delivered the State of the State speech.

Greitens and his wife said in their joint statement late Wednesday: "We understand that there will be some people who cannot forgive -- but for those who can find it in your heart, Eric asks for your forgiveness, and we are grateful for your love, your compassion, and your prayers."

Greitens became governor in 2017 after campaigning as a political outsider, former Navy Seal, husband and father. He and his wife married in 2011 and have two children.

"We have a loving marriage and an awesome family; anything beyond that is between us and God," said Sheena Greitens, in an additional statement. "I want the media and those who wish to peddle gossip to stay away from me and my children."

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Rising star in the Repug party....who in Repug leadership has called for him to step down.....of course if they supported Roy Moore...:snack:

If you look at the recent history of republican candidates you would have to believe that this guy is golden, I said back during the 2016 campaign that if Trump does anyone thing it will be that he took religion out of politics.

So if Bill and Hillary had claimed they asked for and received God’s forgiveness, then people would have let it slide 20 years ago?  

With a get out of jail card like that, no wonder Christians fuck around so much.

Shit Rider starts a thread about a politician having extramarital affairs, oh the horror, another bad person is revealed. Now let's put something here that a  Democrat did, this loser stole 50+ million from the city she was employed.....Dixon, Illinois. It makes an extramarital affair look pretty lame. :lmao:

'It's good to be Queen,' disgraced comptroller who stole $54 million boasted

Former Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell with an "It's good to be Queen" placard and a bottle of Pendleton Whisky at the American Quarter Horse Association World Show in Oklahoma City in 2007.

Brandishing a giant bottle of whiskey and wearing a sparkly Zorro mask, then-Dixon Comptroller Rita Crundwell preened for the camera as she held a sign reading “It’s good to be Queen.”

It’s the kind of “gotcha” photo the media would have loved to have unearthed back in 2012, when Crundwell was busted for embezzling an incredible $54 million from taxpayers in Ronald Reagan’s small hometown in north central Illinois.

But the photo wasn’t discovered by reporters — it was unearthed by Kelly Richmond Pope, a forensic accountant and accounting professor at DePaul University who included it in “All the Queen’s Horses,” a new documentary film she made with the help of North Side documentary powerhouses Kartemquin Films.

“I’m sure that I’m the only accounting professor in the country who is making feature films,” Pope, of Oak Park, told Chicago Inc. “I’ve always loved accounting!”

Pope spent 5½ years making the film about Crundwell, who stole from Dixon over a 22-year period to fund a lavish lifestyle and championship-winning horse breeding business. It begins a two-week run at the Gene Siskel Film Center on Friday.

The disgraced former comptroller, who is serving a 20-year sentence in federal prison, declined to be interviewed by Pope, who made whistleblower and Dixon City Clerk Kathe Swanson the star of the film. Pope previously made educational short films about fraud and hopes the Crundwell movie will serve as a warning to a larger audience about “just how much fraud goes undetected.”

And though Crundwell wouldn’t talk to her, Pope has some mementos of the crime, bought at an auction used to make restitution to Dixon taxpayers.

“I have 10 horse statues from her home — my husband is always asking, ‘What are these doing here?’ but I had to have them,” she said. But asked if she wore a Rita Crundwell shirt she also bought at auction for Halloween, Pope said, “I’m not telling you that!”

Crundwell’s attorney did not return messages seeking comment.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wow, just wow.  Look at you poor fellas trying so hard to paint this as a party issue so you can constantly say republicans are bad.   Laughable.

What I find  laughable, a  year later and they still trying to land the "grab em by the pussy" punch.  Yeah, everyone heard you the first 100 times, and they still don't care.

Any given weekend out with men or women in a private setting and you will hear  way worse.  It is not the bombshell you think it is.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What I find  laughable, a  year later and they still trying to land the "grab em by the pussy" punch.  Yeah, everyone heard you the first 100 times, and they still don't care.

Any given weekend out with men or women in a private setting and you will hear  way worse.  It is not the bombshell you think it is.

A woman my wife works with said she was " appalled by it" wife told her then don't come by my house when my husband and his employees are working at the shop.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

The Democrats are a desperate bunch, Bill Clinton who actually grabbed pussy in the WH and then lied about it costing taxpayers millions, is a national hero. Trump just says "grab em by the pussy" and Demtards want him impeached, apparently in Demtard land, words speak louder than actions. :lmao:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

A woman my wife works with said she was " appalled by it" wife told her then don't come by my house when my husband and his employees are working at the shop.

She would be floored by my wife and her friends.  If she finds that "appalling" they would put her into seizures.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Repug logic......fuck whoever you want IF you repent.....cause you know the mouthbreathers are unable to comprehend the hypocrisy :lmao:   

You're trying pretty hard today.  2 threads that have already failed.:pc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Repug logic......fuck whoever you want IF you repent.....cause you know the mouthbreathers are unable to comprehend the hypocrisy :lmao:   

Libtard logic , defend a serial rapist and vote for his enabler, then whine about someone that says pussy :lol:

FC0B8CB1-6FF4-47CA-A78E-7DA12A319B2D.jpeg.ced929b1f9c8ea6e54c7545ff8a4e020.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

Libtard logic , defend a serial rapist and vote for his enabler, then whine about someone that says pussy :lol:

FC0B8CB1-6FF4-47CA-A78E-7DA12A319B2D.jpeg.ced929b1f9c8ea6e54c7545ff8a4e020.jpeg

The wife of someone who fucks around on him is usually considered to be a victim.

If Sarah Palin's husband had fucked around on her, even if he forced himself on some women Republicans would have forgiven far faster than 20 years. I bet two weeks later they would have stood together praising the lord and talking forgiveness, she would have played stand by your man at every campaign rally. Every fucking Republican would have tears in their eyes praising Sarah for being a good Christian woman. 

6 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I wonder if God's mercy allowed the affair to happen in the first place...

Neal

To be fair God has been very busy creating natural disasters ever since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The wife of someone who fucks around on him is usually considered to be a victim.

If Sarah Palin's husband had fucked around on her, even if he forced himself on some women Republicans would have forgiven far faster than 20 years. I bet two weeks later they would have stood together praising the lord and talking forgiveness, she would have played stand by your man at every campaign rally. Every fucking Republican would have tears in their eyes praising Sarah for being a good Christian woman. 

Shrillery a victim   :lmao:

• Haha 1