LinQ system

Puzzleboy

Anybody using LinQ stuff?  Current sled has the brackets, was looking at the bags at the dealer yesterday.  Pricey as usual, but looked pretty solid. 

Just debating on installing my old style tunnel bag, or getting with the program. 

Plus, I could then carry avalanche equipment like the cool kids. 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

Anybody using LinQ stuff?  Current sled has the brackets, was looking at the bags at the dealer yesterday.  Pricey as usual, but looked pretty solid. 

Just debating on installing my old style tunnel bag, or getting with the program. 

Best system and bag options out of all the manufacturers IMO. They are well put together and last. Only downside is the cost, they really are spendy as you say. You can however use between ski-doo generations although they always seem to come out with something new and better for a new chassis. I'm referring to the new "truck bag". Jacques and Pierre suspiciously decided to design a seat without a trunk.  Then they make a LinQ bag(a nice one) that fits the space where the trunk used to be. Really makes you mad how they charge more give you less and make you "finish" the sled via the accessories. I posted a rant about it on dootalk about it.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1451106-meanwhile-in-the-brp-design-dept/page-1?hl=+meanwhile

The cool thing with the new fuel caddy too, is a bag can be mounted on top of it (for regular tunnel guys).  And 15 litres is a substantial amount of gas should you ever need it.  More than my old TourBuddy held.  :)

Ordered this one, medium bag, decent capacity.. $119 usd shipped in the U.S., not too bad at all. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SKI-DOO-MEDIUM-BAG-KIT-BLACK-860200620/263219354589?epid=1822151685&hash=item3d49189bdd:g:7qkAAOSwqF9ZwpER&vxp=mtr

Edited by Puzzleboy

5 hours ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Best system and bag options out of all the manufacturers IMO. They are well put together and last. Only downside is the cost, they really are spendy as you say. You can however use between ski-doo generations although they always seem to come out with something new and better for a new chassis. I'm referring to the new "truck bag". Jacques and Pierre suspiciously decided to design a seat without a trunk.  Then they make a LinQ bag(a nice one) that fits the space where the trunk used to be. Really makes you mad how they charge more give you less and make you "finish" the sled 

One reason I went Poo this time.  Came with a trunk bag and a pull starter...wow

And foot holds, also has a full front cowl not a chopped down Pug nose only a mother could luv.

I dunno, that Renny of The Other Doonut's is a great looking sled.  And the standard XRS looks good too.  Conversely, those Poos have the ugliest windshields going.  :)

28 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

One reason I went Poo this time.  Came with a trunk bag and a pull starter...wow

And foot holds, also has a full front cowl not a chopped down Pug nose only a mother could luv.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I dunno, that Renny of The Other Doonut's is a great looking sled.  And the standard XRS looks good too.  Conversely, those Poos have the ugliest windshields going.  :)

Yep, but Puzzle doesn't like long tracks.....

• Haha 1

My oh my, only a Doo lover could like this new platform, plus they have a crew from the CNIB picking colours, which of course cost an extra $200.

I kinda like my non functional mid windshield.

Functional does look a little goofy.

20171209_132225.jpg

20171209_132234.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

My oh my, only a Doo lover could like this new platform, plus they have a crew from the CNIB picking colours, which of course cost an extra $200.

I kinda like my non functional mid windshield.

Functional does look a little goofy.

20171209_132225.jpg

20171209_132234.jpg

Lot of nice toys in that building.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

message me I have used Linq Bag ill sell you cheap and a gas can if you want

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

When you ride a DOO, you need a lot of backup sleds....

Only if you actually get out and ride......lol  You are fine with just one Doo when it just sits in your yard all winter....

This weekend WAS looking good.... Lol   We'll see what the weather brings..... but I heard some full-on retard fucked up all the closed trails west of Baysville. 

Engine is back in the soggy 1200 and raring to go.....

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Only if you actually get out and ride......lol  You are fine with just one Doo when it just sits in your yard all winter....

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

This weekend WAS looking good.... Lol 

Did you need to replace your motor?  Iikely.....anyway my buddies 1200 blew up as well, it was brand new when 1/4 mile down the trail...kaboom!. then after it was replaced the water pump let go, next was the clutch spring recall.....he dumped it.  He picked up the new Polaris Indy 600 SP, he loves it.

Nope, I bought a "project" sled..... previous owner lost an argument with a birch tree.  One casting of the E module was bent, so it had to come out. 

Yes, I recall that failure.   I'm on my third 1200.  No issues with the either two; both were used.  I bought a 1200 after trying a friend's sled that was modded, and had a nice wrap on it.  I hear that machine is still running reliably today.....

Aren't those Indy 600s a bit anemic?  I heard they're finally SDI though (Doo tech from last century).  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

I hear those E modules are paper thin and bend in a strong wind......nope the old 1200 is done, he spun a bearing last year.....he bought another sled, I haven’t seen him for awhile.  Next time I see him I will ask. 

32 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

This weekend WAS looking good.... Lol   We'll see what the weather brings..... but I heard some full-on retard fucked up all the closed trails west of Baysville

Some folks are just completely wacked, or plain stupid or have no regard for anything but themselves.....or all of the above:russian_roulette:

How about the mountain addiction system, looks pretty good and have heard good reviews on it. Not sure on the price though, but the Doo system does look pretty sharp.

Tommy says they're made of tinfoil.  :)  Here's a pic of the member I replaced (RH e-module side member).  This pic is of a good one, not the trashed one.  I'll post up pics of the damaged members when I get a chance. 

It's a pretty significant piece, but this guy hit hard.   A lot of people say that the Doo A-arms are too strong, thus transferring too much load into the structural members.  On this sled though, the A-arms on the hit side were completely folded up like pretzels.  Had to cut them out with a Sawzall.  I don't actually know the details, but I doubt he escaped a hospital stay.  Could explain the intestinal parts I had to clean off the riser....... I just thought they were breakfast sausage links. 

All the load gets transferred into this module if the suspension module is hit hard enough.  I've never worked on one of these; it's actually a pretty interesting modular design.  More like aircraft structure than what we traditionally think of as sled construction.  Well, compared to my vintage junk, anyway. 

But, because this member ties in with the aft RH engine mount, the motor has to be raised or removed. 

RH module.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

Looks at DAVE on his 900 Ace rental....

Never heard of it; will look it up.  But I did order a Doo bag, and the sled already had two mounts on it.  :)

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Some folks are just completely wacked, or plain stupid or have no regard for anything but themselves.....or all of the above:russian_roulette:

How about the mountain addiction system, looks pretty good and have heard good reviews on it. Not sure on the price though, but the Doo system does look pretty sharp.

Edited by Puzzleboy