meat slicers

1trailmaker

Don't go cheap, you'll regret the cheapo after ya throw it through a window in about ...Ohhhh ...10 seconds.

Follow Stevie's suggestion, nella is great. My hand me down works great after 30 years, we're talking a lot of salami and prosciutto cuts.

Steve knows the finer workings of Nella first hand as his wife slowly sliced away at his manhood over the years....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JohnnyB said:

Don't go cheap, you'll regret the cheapo after ya throw it through a window in about ...Ohhhh ...10 seconds.

Follow Stevie's suggestion, nella is great. My hand me down works great after 30 years, we're talking a lot of salami and prosciutto cuts.

Steve knows the finer workings of Nella first hand as his wife slowly sliced away at his manhood over the years....lol

Not anymore lol . 

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

But did you make your own salami and prosciutto?

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I bought Cabela;s  

sorry 

Post a review.

Have been thinking of buying one myself. I'd like to try making Montreal Smoked meat and it would be nice to have a slicer.

Last winter I went out and bought myself a good carving knife. I always had one of those $400 but on sale for $99 at Canadian Tire type knife sets.

The girl at the local restaurant supply store recommended an $85 knife she was using. Said it was a good value. It really impressed me. I always buy old summer sausage at the market and it was tough to cut but this knife makes easy work of it.

Edited by Blackstar

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Post a review.

Have been thinking of buying one myself. I'd like to try making Montreal Smoked meat and it would be nice to have a slicer.

Last winter I went out and bought myself a good carving knife. I always had one of those $400 but on sale for $99 at Canadian Tire type knife sets.

The girl at the local restaurant supply store recommended an $85 knife she was using. Said it was a good value. It really impressed me. I always buy old summer sausage at the market and it was tough to cut but this knife makes easy work of it.

i will post more later - quality seems good with no plastic (other than the gears, this is where expensive ones win) 

Wasn't thrilled with plastic push arms, this one is aluminum.  Would be nice to be on ball bearings but it does slide freely 

cut up some raw beef and it sliced even 1/4 inch size I was trying to make some jerky - didn't work out so well I put in too much soya 

I will slice better if you freeze the beef for 20 minutes prior to slicing 

cheese is the next test  

couldn't justify paying 3 times the price for the slicer posted above, although it would be a nice one

today sliced some potatoes for fries.   went through huge Russet potatoes like butter.  Maybe even better than one of those fry makers.

sliced some bell peppers and onion rings too

Although I am good with a knife, this is just too easy lol.

Cleans up fairly easily 

peameal bacon tomorrow maybe

• 2 weeks later...

sliced up a slab of peameal into thin slices - worked very and fast - evenly sliced pieces about 1/8 inch

vacuum sealed into usable amounts 

made a 1 inch thick sammy with mustard 

Sliced up apple wafer thin for apple chips 

so far very happy with this purchase

• Like 2