Doo 850

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

DooDoo doesn’t want anything that competes with their cheaper to produce 2 strokes that also boost the parts department income

exactly....doo hates the 1200 with a passion because its bad for bean counters 

Just now, f7ben said:

exactly....doo hates the 1200 with a passion because its bad for bean counters 

slapped a battery into mine.  started up with no issue.  sleds cost me 600 bucks in its life in parts (other then oil, filter and gas)

7 hours ago, Roosting said:

Is a pretty sweet sled. Got me 300 or so miles on it and haven't grenade a belt yet so that's good.

The fashion accessory skid plate was unable to withstand a 1mph touchdown and shattered into about 10 pieces. Just hope the rest of the sled is built to 100mph standards. Dealer told me that well it was cold and you cant expect it actually work if it does touch something. At least the dealer knows it's shit. still told me to pound sand and buy a new one. Fuckin BRP.

Blows belts , gets 11mpg and weighs more than a poo. I notice that we suddenly don't hear all the bullshit about how much better the Skeedoo is in those 3 departments now , just that it's the best just because :lol:  

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Blows belts , gets 11mpg and weighs more than a poo. I notice that we suddenly don't hear all the bullshit about how much better the Skeedoo is in those 3 departments now , just that it's the best just because :lol:  

my buddies 850 got 20% better mileage than my Poo and he was still in break in mode. I was fucking shocked 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

my buddies 850 got 20% better mileage than my Poo and he was still in break in mode. I was fucking shocked 

They're all within a gallon or 2 on fill ups from close to empty , I've ridden with them all and the 850 sounds like a great machine but it's not going to get 20 mpg , get 700 miles to a tank of oil and it's not going to shit Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road ice cream out the fuckin tailpipe like the 800's didn't either .  

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

They're all within a gallon or 2 on fill ups from close to empty , I've ridden with them all and the 850 sounds like a great machine but it's not going to get 20 mpg , get 700 miles to a tank of oil and it's not going to shit Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road ice cream out the fuckin tailpipe like the 800's didn't either .  

Nope buy every stop I took 5 and he took 4 .....I bet he was getting 16-17 mpg

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

Nope is right , and stop arguing with me .   :bc:

One day I am going to toss you through the jockey showroom window and get my money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

15mpgs was reasonable on my 800 etec but when we were getting on it more like 11mpg and it drank some oil. But always ran like a top. 

2 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

BRP has a announcement to make tomorrow at 1 pm , we will find out if it’s gonna be either G4 600 probably in iron dog trim for upcoming ID race or 200 HP turbo 4S for mid season model release. 

More than likely a G4 600 production sled. Or if the rumors are true, G4 650 etec 

50 minutes ago, Jet said:

Unfortunately nobody yet really has a true rough trail sled. They have been trying since the beginning of the industry to truly master rough trail and year after year, season after season they continually throw out fancy names like cross country, xcr, x, etc.. but at the end of the groomed trail and when things get fucking nasty nobody wants to ride on for long!!  The only answer for it so far has been rider forward and that was a game changer, but now we're back at a stand still again. They keep changing shocks, and trying everything else to convince the sled community that this the next best thing and all we keep doing is asking the age old question of crap I wished these trails were groomed. This is a fact. 

:lol::lmao:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

More than likely a G4 600 production sled. Or if the rumors are true, G4 650 etec 

yah.....I didnt get that rough trail sled comment :lol: the xrs and xcr are just that 

Just now, f7ben said:

yah.....I didnt get that rough trail sled comment :lol: the xrs and xcr are just that 

No kidding.  :lol::lmao:

Even back in the days with the early X sleds and the Poo Pro X's with Ryde FX and Walker Evens shocks, they soaked up the bumps like nothing.  Even the Sno Pro Cats properly set up will eat up the bumps like nothing.   No idea what kind of drugs this Jet clown is on :lol::lmao:

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

No kidding.  :lol::lmao:

Even back in the days with the early X sleds and the Poo Pro X's with Ryde FX and Walker Evens shocks, they soaked up the bumps like nothing.  Even the Sno Pro Cats properly set up will eat up the bumps like nothing.   No idea what kind of drugs this Jet clown is on :lol::lmao:

yup

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The assault is pretty awesome and the poo 800 will roast an 800 etec and I've read that some guys are tuning them to run with 850's but they know the 850 has more snot. I haven't ridden an 850 but everyone who has or has lined up against one all agree they are the top dog in 800 class. 

Poo will not roast good running Etec's.   Thing about Etec's is they can vary quite a bit from sled to sled.   If you know what you are doing you can make them run with the 850.  

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

No shit.   If you are riding so hard on bumpy trails that you need more suspension than what is offered on the so called rough trail sleds then you are most likely out of control.  I'm a big guy and I can set my XRS up anywhere from stiff as hell to pretty soft (for me).   I think the older XRS's were even more stiff. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Poo will not roast good running Etec's.   Thing about Etec's is they can vary quite a bit from sled to sled.   If you know what you are doing you can make them run with the 850.  

It will totally roast it...

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It will totally roast it...

:lol:   You sound like the guy with the Poo in our group before they were lined up.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   You sound like the guy with the Poo in our group before they were lined up.  

when it comes down to racing 800's its going to be best setup wins ......out of the box I would take the SBA to win 9 times out of 10 

Just now, f7ben said:

when it comes down to racing 800's its going to be best setup wins ......out of the box I would take the SBA to win 9 times out of 10 

And you would be correct!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

And you would be correct!

Box stock I might agree and no question set up means a lot.   My 800's run extremely well but are not stock either.   No motor work but plenty of other things add  here and there.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Box stock I might agree and no question set up means a lot.   My 800's run extremely well but are not stock either.   No motor work but plenty of other things add  here and there.  

Its amazing the difference proper setup and maintenance can make. I go through these things on every sled I ride

proper clutch alignment , offset and belt deflection along with clean belts and scuffed clutch sheaves 

chain tension set properly and not over tight , track tension set to just tight enough not to ratchet

track alignment perfect and ski toe set to just a 1/4 inch toe out

Then there are the small changes that can yield decent cumulative gains. Things like Delrin washers in spring cups 

Obviously the biggest thing is traction ....long studs and plenty of them wins races with your buddies !!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

I fucking love grudge racing for fun