Doo 850

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I remember when they cancelled people’s 2008 Mach Z orders telling them the Xp 800 was going to be faster anyway 

lol WRONG

:lol: the 2008 xp was about as fast as the 2007 F8 

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol: nobody would believe me when I said that a stock 1200 would take down bigger sleds in the right hands..........and then Analers avatar happened 

It’s a strong 700 class sled. Set up right it’ll take out a box Stock 800 for sure 

Just now, f7ben said:

:lol: the 2008 xp was about as fast as the 2007 F8 

Mine did fine after a bunch of work. But it was a contending 800 class sled. I haven’t rode a Stock motored 2 stroke like the Mach z 1000 since though. After 90 mph that thing ran a train on anything “Stock”  Stock cfr 1000 wasn’t even close 

well I've driven a few 800's and the 850 just seems to yank a lot stronger than the 800's. I've heard some storys of 120 mph top end with some clutching. Could be possible. The power just comes on real strong.

I make my own Delerin bushings. They last better than stock but still wear out after a few years

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It’s a strong 700 class sled. Set up right it’ll take out a box Stock 800 for sure 

yup and the shorter the race the more the 1200 shows its pimp hand 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: nobody would believe me when I said that a stock 1200 would take down bigger sleds in the right hands..........and then Analers avatar happened 

Yeah but to be fair I don't think that sled has beat anything. :lol:

Just now, Roosting said:

well I've driven a few 800's and the 850 just seems to yank a lot stronger than the 800's. I've heard some storys of 120 mph top end with some clutching. Could be possible. The power just comes on real strong.

I make my own Delerin bushings. They last better than stock but still wear out after a few years

welcome....didnt even notice you were new.....

6 hours ago, Roosting said:

I was quite disappointed with the fashion accessory skid plate. Hell I've seen destroyed sleds where literally the only thing left was the skid plate.

Well on the BRP site they call it high impact plastic so I need to get me the barely/no impact skid plate that should hold up to strong wind and blowing snow. Well in warm weather only because when it's cold all bets are off.

Only reason I have this skid plate is the bulkhead is cast on the G4 and don't need any issues with that getting damaged.

IMG_1512.JPG

What's that , an old Ossa back there ?   :bc:

7 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Mine did fine after a bunch of work. But it was a contending 800 class sled. I haven’t rode a Stock motored 2 stroke like the Mach z 1000 since though. After 90 mph that thing ran a train on anything “Stock”  Stock cfr 1000 wasn’t even close 

When the machs ran they were fast. A guy I used to ride with had an 05 and it would hit 128 on the speedo. But that thing had all kinds of Gremlins. 

Edited by Arctic Cat Destroyer

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yup and the shorter the race the more the 1200 shows its pimp hand 

Lots of low end TQ so you can really utilize tall gearing with a low engagement. Keeps your track speed down then it once it opens up it really goes

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

When the machs ran they were fast. A guy I used to ride with had an 05 and it would hit 128 on the speeding. But that thing had all kinds of Gremlins. 

2mm oversized rollers and a purple secondary spring and it’s a different sled. But the factory wiring had all sorts of grounding issues and the factory airbox was garbage. After 2000 miles the reefs in my 1000 were half plugged with belt mess

Lots of low end TQ so you can really utilize tall gearing with a low engagement. Keeps your track speed down then it once it opens up it really goes

Yup....my stocker still had turbo gears in it and it didnt affect holeshot at all. It would absolutely destroy other sleds midrange and then it ran out of steam at 95 no matter what gears were in it regardless 

2mm oversized rollers and a purple secondary spring and it’s a different sled. But the factory wiring had all sorts of grounding issues and the factory airbox was garbage. After 2000 miles the reefs in my 1000 were half plugged with belt mess

yup...grounding issues to the max. ECU's puking out and voltage regulators shitting out etc etc etc etc 

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup....my stocker still had turbo gears in it and it didnt affect holeshot at all. It would absolutely destroy other sleds midrange and then it ran out of steam at 95 no matter what gears were in it regardless 

Yeah in the end it’s still only 130 hp

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'd still love to own one for drag racing but I don't have that kind of time to be messing with it all the time. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

yup...grounding issues to the max. ECU's puking out and voltage regulators shitting out etc etc etc etc 

I know a guy who blew a belt in his Mach Z. Stopped to change it, then rode a couple more miles and the engine locked up solid. A big chunk of belt got right inside the engine :lol: 

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I'd still love to own one for drag racing but I don't have that kind of time to be messing with it all the time. 

A drag race sled that gets 20 mpg and can cruise at 100 mph lol

It didn't ride bad either, you could trail ride those all day, assuming it ran all day. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

if skidoo would have put a little love into the 1200 it could have been a 200hp factory monster ......but skidoo hates burning gas or going fast 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

It didn't ride bad either, you could trail ride those all day, assuming it ran all day. :lol:

Yeah if they didn’t have so many gremlins they were a really sweet sled

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

if skidoo would have put a little love into the 1200 it could have been a 200hp factory monster ......but skidoo hates burning gas or going fast 

DooDoo doesn’t want anything that competes with their cheaper to produce 2 strokes that also boost the parts department income