2 more boards in the big chute

yarddawg

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as you mentioned mechanical gates, I assumed that you are the guy??  Explain why you would want to fill the upper lakes in early February rather than wait for the melt down and rain in late March or early April? Obviously by waiting,  you would be easing the water flow downstream, no?

Thanks

33 minutes ago, yarddawg said:

As soon as you mentioned mechanical gates, I assumed that you are the guy??  Explain why you would want to fill the upper lakes in early February rather than wait for the melt down and rain in late March or early April? Obviously by waiting,  you would be easing the water flow downstream, no?

Thanks

You truly think there is a lack of planning and some guy just says today I got nothing to do so maybe I will put in a board or close a gate?

Do you think the dam operators are magicians and should be able to magically predict the exact amount of spring run off and lake levels? They fill the lakes early most likely to avoid a lack of water later.  

I could just imagine the bitching from you or others if they miscalculated and put the gates closed a day or two or week late and there was a foot less water in the system to start the spring boating season.  

Or a big storm knocked out power and gates were stuck open  

The whinning and crying and blame all about the incompetent dam operators.  It’s a complete system that is co-ordinated through a series of dams and locks   Run as a system.  Not one lake of area.

If you have magic ball to predict the storms and precipitation that we will receive and a formula for determining the amount of run off that will be received from storms in January, February and March please pass it along to Parks CANADA.  I am sure they will be appreciative. 

And if you can predict the weather to provide us a forward look at accurate snowfall for 2019 season months in advance please do so because a lot of guys would wait to buy a permit until hearing your predictions. 

• Like 2

I remember last spring the dam and lock at Port Severn was draining into Georgian Bay as quickly as is possible with the maximum water flow over the dam for a much longer period of time than usual. Still the water behind the dam was higher than normal.

The blind guy is funny......................I will ask really slow this time Think. Why      do       you      need       the     upper    lakes      full        to     the        brim in early February before the spring thaw and April showers???   Here's your chance, go for it big guy! I tried to go there Jan 2nd, but he was closed! I'm never up north on weekends, but thanks for the offer!

one word: Job Security

Basically a monkey or a cheap computer program can control the water levels. However, possibly a careful personal touch event by maybe by holding back water or dumping it real quick that upsets the smarter people causes an uproar. Having to answer lots to these incidents and make all kinda bs reasons up to confuse people is job security. The end result is like being a weatherman, people hate you but they keep coming back and creating a secure highly paid work environment.

• Like 1

Sure hope these aren,t the same fukking dummies that control the water level in the Ottawa River and St. Lawrance River area.

What a fuck-up last spring was, with all the flooding.

The water level in the lakes and rivers don,t magically go up or down 3 fukking feet overnight.

Is someone not being highly paid to monitoring the rise and fall of the water levels ?

If the water is rising at one end, shouldn,t the gates be open at the other end, to help keep the water level near some sort of constant ?

Even thou the people that should be closely monitoring the water levels are being paid "rocket scientist wages ", it really aint rocket science.

Hopefully this spring isn,t another disaster. Amazingly, no one had the balls to own up to the fukk-up.  

Think................my apology for being a dick to flush you out. FYI, many people including some business's are affected down stream by your decisions which I assume you would be aware of??? Many are not happy and have you ever had any lawsuits to deal with over your decisions?????

Cheers! Hope we get some snow soon?

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, Thinksno said:

one word: Job Security

Basically a monkey or a cheap computer program can control the water levels. However, possibly a careful personal touch event by maybe by holding back water or dumping it real quick that upsets the smarter people causes an uproar. Having to answer lots to these incidents and make all kinda bs reasons up to confuse people is job security. The end result is like being a weatherman, people hate you but they keep coming back and creating a secure highly paid work environment.

I wish I had your job! Lots of money to be made with friends and lawsuits by being negligent? After all, we all know how competent government employees are!:stoned:   Anybody at the hound lounge today?????

Edited by yarddawg