Sign in to follow this  
bladefever

Polaris New release

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

IMG_6530.JPG

Impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavier than an old Citation.  Now that's innovation...... Lol

At least cheesie graphics are standard. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Was referringbto a efi 600 indy.  Same engine as my son's Rush, 120hp, he would blow past me on the lakes vs my old yami.

I am not sure what my old carbed 600 XLT is  but I don't think it is anywhere near a 120 H/P? I still love that sled, and considering the mileage, (over 10,000 miles, easily) and not a lick of trouble in those 10,000 + miles, it has been, and still is a great sled. I think my son still thinks, because of it's age, it is a dinosaur, but he is too young and uneducated to know it is still a great sled even by today's standards. 

If Polaris still  made them as good as these ones, I had have 2 in my crib instead of just one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those days are long gone for Polaris.  Your old XLT was from back when they designed and built quality stuff, instead of copying everything the competition does. 

I do think engines more powerful than 8hp is a good idea for kids' sleds though.  I think kids will outgrow those 200s too quickly. Maybe this one will sell.  If not, they'll have more parts for their Victory motorcycles recycling bin. 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

I am not sure what my old carbed 600 XLT is  but I don't think it is anywhere near a 120 H/P? I still love that sled, and considering the mileage, (over 10,000 miles, easily) and not a lick of trouble in those 10,000 + miles, it has been, and still is a great sled. I think my son still thinks, because of it's age, it is a dinosaur, but he is too young and uneducated to know it is still a great sled even by today's standards. 

If Polaris still  made them as good as these ones, I had have 2 in my crib instead of just one.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

409 dry is a tad heavy for the target rider.  

And $5,300 :flush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

And $5,300 :flush:

Website says 6500 cdn.  Ouchies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dirtybeacher said:

Website says 6500 cdn.  Ouchies

Oooof 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Reevester said:

My old man bought a sabercat lxr 700 and hated the 14" track on it and gave it to me with 300 miles on it and bought the t660 turbo the dealer told him to buy that year. After we put 1000 miles on a demo the year before and loved it but  he still couldn't go the 4 stroke route. Well he did and put 18k miles on that thing. Sabercat went 7k miles before I burned it down. :lol:

 

Those 13.5 wide tracks sure did skate in the corners and spun a ton, I am sure considered a real hack to a groomed trail, in the right hands of course......but fun to ride.

Didn't the T660 end up yours as well?

Definitely a nice pops you have there...I would say you were almost to the AC silver spoon levels :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same idea as a Seadoo Spark at 9000.00 bucks.  They are attracting a young and new audience to the sled industry. It is a machine that has ton of equipment that can be upgraded rather then dumped after a kid gets to big or tired of riding a 120. It's simple concept but they may have something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They missed the mark for sure.  Heavy and expensive.  An old Enticer will be a better, cheaper, nicer looking, and more reliable sled. 

As long as Larry doesn't use 'em all up!

Expect those prices to drop to sell unsold units, same as their adult sleds. 

 

23 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Website says 6500 cdn.  Ouchies

Edited by Puzzleboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Those 13.5 wide tracks sure did skate in the corners and spun a ton, I am sure considered a real hack to a groomed trail, in the right hands of course......but fun to ride.

Didn't the T660 end up yours as well?

Definitely a nice pops you have there...I would say you were almost to the AC silver spoon levels :lol:

No after I blew up the sabercat and had it rebuilt and I paid that 2k or so as we were about to load it I see a t660 st sitting on a trailer and I said to dad I should just get one of these. Tells me to go ask about it well he was putting the cover on. I come out and say Steve will give it to me from 3600 bucks on a trade in for the sabercat. He says well get this fucking thing unloaded and I'll go see him. I paid half the 3600. :lol:

It had 2k miles on it and I put 17k on it before I dropped a valve and roasted it too. Had it rebuilt and sold it last year for 3600 and sold his for 2200 and bought the 570. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Looks awful.  I think a kid would rather ride an old Phazer...... Lol

Is that their innovation for the year, copying the SnoScoot? 

 

Remember when Skidoo tried it with the one lung 300cc ugly Freestyle. Ugliest sled ever, except the 850 Perry. Kids dumped that Freestyle like they dumped chicken pocks. At least Polaris have an upgradable 550 with numerous features that a kid and even an adult can ride for years. Not a 120 8 hp waste of time or an ugly One lung 300cc Freestyle but a 550 cc. Look closer and maybe you will get it....but I doubt you will...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

409 dry is a tad heavy for the target rider.  

Remember that an ET 340 weighed in at around 360 lbs.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean the longest running competition sled ever?  Sure do.  The Freestyle was supposed to look quirky, it was for kids.  Lol. 

 

Then something happened that had an unexpected impact on the Freestyle. Snowcross was experiencing a huge increase in novice racers fresh off the 120 cc kids sleds, offered by three OEM’s at the time. Other than the larger 380 Ski-Doo REV and 340 Polaris Indy Lite, the 7- 14 year olds had nothing to step up to. The Canadian Snowcross Racing Association had an aggressive campaign in 2006 offering a chance for local kids to try snowcross racing on Freestyles supplied by the CSRA. The winner of the Grand Final would win a Freestyle sled. The first Freestyle Challenge series was won by a novice racer from Bracebridge, Ontario, Mitchell Shea. He won the Bracebridge Snowcross round punching his ticket to the Horseshoe Valley Final which he also won, taking home the Freestyle. Mitchell is now a consistent top 3 Pro Lite racer competing on limited-build factory race sleds on the CSRA circuit. Mitchell admits that he likely would not have entered snowcross without Ski-Doo’s Freestyle. 

  The following year the Freestyle 300 returned along with restructured novice classes in snowcross specifically for the Freestyle. That season, the new novice 1 and 2 classes would come out with up to 30 Freestyles racing in Moto format. Success found this sled in a way Ski-Doo never intended.

   It’s interesting to note that there are two Ski-Doo sleds that are the longest competing models in snowmobile racing and both are low volume, novice sleds: the Mini Z and the Freestyle. No other manufacturer has a model that’s been racing in competition as long as the Freestyle and it shows no sign of slowing down.

 

 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Remember when Skidoo tried it with the one lung 300cc ugly Freestyle. Ugliest sled ever, except the 850 Perry. Kids dumped that Freestyle like they dumped chicken pocks. At least Polaris have an upgradable 550 with numerous features that a kid and even an adult can ride for years. Not a 120 8 hp waste of time or an ugly One lung 300cc Freestyle but a 550 cc. Look closer and maybe you will get it....but I doubt you will...

 

 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

You mean the longest running competition sled ever?  Sure do.  The Freestyle was supposed to look quirky, it was for kids.  Lol. 

 

Then something happened that had an unexpected impact on the Freestyle. Snowcross was experiencing a huge increase in novice racers fresh off the 120 cc kids sleds, offered by three OEM’s at the time. Other than the larger 380 Ski-Doo REV and 340 Polaris Indy Lite, the 7- 14 year olds had nothing to step up to. The Canadian Snowcross Racing Association had an aggressive campaign in 2006 offering a chance for local kids to try snowcross racing on Freestyles supplied by the CSRA. The winner of the Grand Final would win a Freestyle sled. The first Freestyle Challenge series was won by a novice racer from Bracebridge, Ontario, Mitchell Shea. He won the Bracebridge Snowcross round punching his ticket to the Horseshoe Valley Final which he also won, taking home the Freestyle. Mitchell is now a consistent top 3 Pro Lite racer competing on limited-build factory race sleds on the CSRA circuit. Mitchell admits that he likely would not have entered snowcross without Ski-Doo’s Freestyle. 

  The following year the Freestyle 300 returned along with restructured novice classes in snowcross specifically for the Freestyle. That season, the new novice 1 and 2 classes would come out with up to 30 Freestyles racing in Moto format. Success found this sled in a way Ski-Doo never intended.

   It’s interesting to note that there are two Ski-Doo sleds that are the longest competing models in snowmobile racing and both are low volume, novice sleds: the Mini Z and the Freestyle. No other manufacturer has a model that’s been racing in competition as long as the Freestyle and it shows no sign of slowing down.

 

 

 

 

You must have spent a few minutes....... Looking in your vast library of Snow Goer magazines.......

056af8a6cc2cbaf069c264bce325dedd--dream-library-library-books.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, the SnowGoers are all ruined/destroyed...... at least the ones that had DOO centrefolds anyway. 

Ride safely today everybody!!  And mind those trail speed limits! :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Website says 6500 cdn.  Ouchies

Yup, It hurts me to say this, but I think doo has got his covered already. Just gotta teach the kids a bit of throttle control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Poncho said:

It's an EVO. It means as the rider evolves they can up upgrade the power. The machine has more equipment than an ETEC 800, standard recoil....lol

So it starts when the weather is cold, now that's a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

You mean the longest running competition sled ever?  Sure do.  The Freestyle was supposed to look quirky, it was for kids.  Lol. 

 

Then something happened that had an unexpected impact on the Freestyle. Snowcross was experiencing a huge increase in novice racers fresh off the 120 cc kids sleds, offered by three OEM’s at the time. Other than the larger 380 Ski-Doo REV and 340 Polaris Indy Lite, the 7- 14 year olds had nothing to step up to. The Canadian Snowcross Racing Association had an aggressive campaign in 2006 offering a chance for local kids to try snowcross racing on Freestyles supplied by the CSRA. The winner of the Grand Final would win a Freestyle sled. The first Freestyle Challenge series was won by a novice racer from Bracebridge, Ontario, Mitchell Shea. He won the Bracebridge Snowcross round punching his ticket to the Horseshoe Valley Final which he also won, taking home the Freestyle. Mitchell is now a consistent top 3 Pro Lite racer competing on limited-build factory race sleds on the CSRA circuit. Mitchell admits that he likely would not have entered snowcross without Ski-Doo’s Freestyle. 

  The following year the Freestyle 300 returned along with restructured novice classes in snowcross specifically for the Freestyle. That season, the new novice 1 and 2 classes would come out with up to 30 Freestyles racing in Moto format. Success found this sled in a way Ski-Doo never intended.

   It’s interesting to note that there are two Ski-Doo sleds that are the longest competing models in snowmobile racing and both are low volume, novice sleds: the Mini Z and the Freestyle. No other manufacturer has a model that’s been racing in competition as long as the Freestyle and it shows no sign of slowing down.

 

 

 

 

Butt hurt noted...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the same article as Puzzler and it was from Snowgoer.

 

Back in the spring, I was discussing this issue with Snow Goer Canada’s Gord Avann, and we both brought up the Ski-Doo Freestyle as an example of what customers and media are saying is needed in the industry now. However, the Freestyle was somewhat of an epic fail for Ski-Doo when introduced for model year 2006. Why did it fail back then, if we think it’s what the industry could use now? The sled had the potential to be that new, affordable, basic, and fun sled to get more people into casual riding but upon a closer look it’s not hard to see why this sled missed its mark. 

 

http://www.snowgoercanada.com/reviews/448-the-ski-doo-freestyle

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the same article as Puzzler and it was from Snowgoer.

 

Back in the spring, I was discussing this issue with Snow Goer Canada’s Gord Avann, and we both brought up the Ski-Doo Freestyle as an example of what customers and media are saying is needed in the industry now. However, the Freestyle was somewhat of an epic fail for Ski-Doo when introduced for model year 2006. Why did it fail back then, if we think it’s what the industry could use now? The sled had the potential to be that new, affordable, basic, and fun sled to get more people into casual riding but upon a closer look it’s not hard to see why this sled missed its mark. 

 

http://www.snowgoercanada.com/reviews/448-the-ski-doo-freestyle

Typical Puzzler report.....lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

From the same article as Puzzler and it was from Snowgoer.

 

Back in the spring, I was discussing this issue with Snow Goer Canada’s Gord Avann, and we both brought up the Ski-Doo Freestyle as an example of what customers and media are saying is needed in the industry now. However, the Freestyle was somewhat of an epic fail for Ski-Doo when introduced for model year 2006. Why did it fail back then, if we think it’s what the industry could use now? The sled had the potential to be that new, affordable, basic, and fun sled to get more people into casual riding but upon a closer look it’s not hard to see why this sled missed its mark. 

 

 

Waiting for Puzzler response.......

downloadfile-2.gif.df1e4900336ef2b6e6cebec3a91519b2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, irv said:

16, will be 17 in June. I am not sure what I would purchase for him next other than the entry level, carbed Doo 600? Of course he would like something more modern, with the latest cool suspension and all the other gadgets, but that isn't going to happen unless I find a smoking deal somewhere? 

He got a job Dale?

 

I bought that 2014 mxz sport allllll on my own brand new from the dealership when I was 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He got a job Dale?

 

I bought that 2014 mxz sport allllll on my own brand new from the dealership when I was 16.

That is a great thing to be able to say, but I am afraid now a days if parents do not foot the bill for all or partially help out, the chances of the kids actually engaging in the sport will be less than what it is.

I am guessing that was not your first sled and you grew up riding given where you live....so it was just a matter of time before you wanted your own sled, one that you picked out vs. a hand me down or what someone else was willing to buy or help you out with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That is a great thing to be able to say, but I am afraid now a days if parents do not foot the bill for all or partially help out, the chances of the kids actually engaging in the sport will be less than what it is.

I am guessing that was not your first sled and you grew up riding given where you live....so it was just a matter of time before you wanted your own sled, one that you picked out vs. a hand me down or what someone else was willing to buy or help you out with. 

Yeah All of my sleds over the years were stepping stones. I was given an et250 at a younger age, then a 550 fan sport touring. from there i was probably 12 or 13. and I had to work to upgrade. then came the fusion, then Red's old Pro X2 I bought off blake. then I traded the pro x2 in on the Doo at 16. rode the doo for 2 years as a senior in highschool. moved onto performance rec where I now have a demo every season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.