Sled wont start??

Renegade X

I've had good and bad luck with Yuasas, in Sea-Doos and sleds.  But when we were younger, never had an issue with Yuasas.  Seems to be hit or miss with them these days. 

As others and I have said; Odysseys from now on.  Impressive performance. 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

I've had good and bad luck with Yuasas, in Sea-Doos and sleds.  But when we were younger, never had an issue with Yuasas.  Seems to be hit or miss with them these days. 

As others and I have said; Odysseys from now on.  Impressive performance. 

I had never heard of them until you mentioned them. Sounds like they're are a good battery but a bit on the pricey side, just like Yuasa's.

http://odysseybattery.ca/

I assume they have most sizes to fit most sleds? I keep my Yuasa charged up monthly during the summer and it seems to work. Those who let them sit, or don't charge them fully at the end of the season are likely going to pay the price come the fall, but that can be said about any battery, imo.

They're more than a Yuasa, but you get what you pay for.  Cheaper out of the US.  You'd have to check your application for fit.  I just bought one for the Elite (1500cc triple 4 stroke).  The U.S. military uses them in tanks, etc.  Pure lead plates, not recycled bullshit. 

They can sit, receive no charges, and retain voltage for over a year.  How many regular batteries perform like that? 

We have them in both of the airplanes.  They can sit a long time, and still crank a 6 cylinder months later, even after winter.  I think Poncho uses one also. 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

They're more than a Yuasa, but you get what you pay for.  Cheaper out of the US.  You'd have to check your application for fit.  I just bought one for the Elite (1500cc triple 4 stroke).  The U.S. military uses them in tanks, etc.  Pure lead plates, not recycled bullshit. 

They can sit, receive no charges, and retain voltage for over a year.  How many regular batteries perform like that? 

We have them in both of the airplanes.  They can sit a long time, and still crank a 6 cylinder months later, even after winter.  I think Poncho uses one also. 

None, that I'm aware of. I will be sure to keep them in mind, if and when the time comes?

Thanks. :bc:

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

All three sleds had no problem starting.  Went for a short ride with cat and adventure.  Poo used 1/2 tank of gas in 30km.  Clutch?

Sounds normal for a cat. :lol:

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

All three sleds had no problem starting.  Went for a short ride with cat and adventure.  Poo used 1/2 tank of gas in 30km.  Clutch?

Do Poos still have drain bolts on the bottom of the block? I'd check there to see how much gas is in the crank, either that, or he had his brake stuck on? Just trail riding?

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Do Poos still have drain bolts on the bottom of the block? I'd check there to see how much gas is in the crank, either that, or he had his brake stuck on? Just trail riding?

Clutch does not sound right.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Clutch does not sound right.

I don't know, but if it was the clutch, he would be way down on power or would have blown a belt? Did he/you have to get into it hard just to get it rolling? 

Odd for sure?

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I don't know, but if it was the clutch, he would be way down on power or would have blown a belt? Did he/you have to get into it hard just to get it rolling? 

Odd for sure?

I didn't ride it.  Last year it was fine, but I notice once when I started it the sled rolled forward when it cranked.

If the sled is rolling forward when trying to start it, for sure, the belt is to tight, it will for definitely cause slow cranking. Take the belt off and try it.

Even if it doesn,t start, it will make it easier to drag into the garage to warm it up. 

Those 800 etec don't like to crank in the cold. Get the recoil start installed and have someone hit the electric start as you give a yank. Should fire up in a pull or three.

You can do this via the clutch as well. Nothing else wrong just, these 800's were made in Jamaica I think.

10 minutes ago, Reevester said:

@ArcticCrusher 

Could be a sticky primary if it's rolling forward. Is it backing off when off the throttle or is it wanting to keep moving and having high rpms? 

Looks like a clutch issue.  Its at Bill's so it will get straight.

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Looks like a clutch issue.  Its at Bill's so it will get straight.

That's what I do. I could spend a whole day mucking with it and never figure it out. Take it to Bill and let he who knows what he's doing fix it in a fraction of the time.

-28c when we arrived in Griffith, the three Polarii started up no issues.  Two on battery....and mine, old school pull start...I live in Brampton so pull start is the only way:). We went of a little ride today and all systems go for a big ride tomorrow. Conditions good considering it is early season. 

ReneX hope you get that ETEC 800 running. As Johnny said....made in Jamaica.  When are Doo going to put a recoil on those ETEC absolutely retarded....forget the emergency pull cord on clutch bs. Just put a recoil on the motor and suck it up.

49 minutes ago, Poncho said:

-28c when we arrived in Griffith, the three Polarii started up no issues.  Two on battery....and mine, old school pull start...I live in Brampton so pull start is the only way:). We went of a little ride today and all systems go for a big ride tomorrow. Conditions good considering it is early season. 

ReneX hope you get that ETEC 800 running. As Johnny said....made in Jamaica.  When are Doo going to put a recoil on those ETEC absolutely retarded....forget the emergency pull cord on clutch bs. Just put a recoil on the motor and suck it up.

I was told the recoils on the 800etecs don’t last long they get rattled to pcs apparently and won’t work when you need them any way ! My 1200 has never not started after sitting in cold crank slow but always fired my bros etec cranked but started and stalled was told it was shitty fuel freezing in injectors ?