Sled wont start??

Renegade X

Then they'd be thinking of it.  LOL.  C'mon Stevie, come out with your new line of aftermarket clutch spinner pulley thingies!

Because nobody should be left behind in unfamiliar bush. 

28 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I betcha no one who has bought a aftermarket clutch ever thought about that . Until they needed it , that would suck in the middle of the bush . 

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Then they'd be thinking of it.  LOL.  C'mon Stevie, come out with your new line of aftermarket clutch spinner pulley thingies!

Because nobody should be left behind in unfamiliar bush. 

Stevie Wonder’s CUPST , will get out of unfamiliar bush .  Will not leave you stranded , and once cranking , you can stay in the unfamiliar bush if you desire .....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Or "....retaining the emergency start feature is not their business".  :)

Might not be their business, but that's what they've effectively done.  Just thought it was interesting, and hadn't thought of it before.  They could certainly make provision for it on the outside of their clutches.  Maybe a new invention..... an adapter that slips over the cup.  Could use the Romper Room clutch tool sorta idea. 

So how do you start a PB equipped 2-stroke with a broken recoil and no e-start?    It does happen.

How were the trails?  Hope you boys weren't trespassing on any Closed trails..... :)

Or a dead battery on 1200....I had a PowerBloc on my 1200 and if the battery died...oh well.  Really the rope trick doesn’t work well on a 1200 TRA anyway....especially if cool....like it was Saturday -28c.  For the two stroke, might have a 1 in 100 chance at the old hand spin trick if was warm.....otherwise find a Polaris to tow you to BRP dealer :)   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Stevie Wonder’s CUPST , will get out of unfamiliar bush .  Will not leave you stranded , and once cranking , you can stay in the unfamiliar bush if you desire .....

Weld a small propeller to the PB Bell cover and you are good to go, just finger prop it like a radio controlled airplane. You are correct, no one thinks of that stuff or even carries and PowerBloc are in it to sell clutches not emergency equipment.

i lot of new machines are coming standard with the Powerbloc now....no idea what they have, likely nothing but tab of sort could be incorporated I’m sure.

• Like 1

It's only available on the longer track stuff thus far, so probably not many in Ontario (except the Trespass Specials) lol....

7 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Any user experience on the new doo shot system ? How,s that working for guys that got the new sleds ?

Hand cranking a 1200 wouldn't be fun, lol.  High compression 4 strokes, no chance.  Pretty sure there's no rope in my kit! :)

Did the rope trick on my old ZX800 (rope broke), worked fine. 

What if it's a Polaris rope that's broken?  :)

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Or a dead battery on 1200....I had a PowerBloc on my 1200 and if the battery died...oh well.  Really the rope trick doesn’t work well on a 1200 TRA anyway....especially if cool....like it was Saturday -28c.  For the two stroke, might have a 1 in 100 chance at the old hand spin trick if was warm.....otherwise find a Polaris to tow you to BRP dealer :)   

20 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hand cranking a 1200 wouldn't be fun, lol.  High compression 4 strokes, no chance.  Pretty sure there's no rope in my kit! :)

Did the rope trick on my old ZX800 (rope broke), worked fine. 

What if it's a Polaris rope that's broken?  :)

Yep I broke the rope on my 2002 MXZ800 as well. Fortunately it had been running for sometime and motor warm, rope trick worked for me too.  It was on the way for the recoil recall anyway but what an f’n pain that was.

Maybe he wanted a 175" Summit.  Lol.  Well, Tommy did say these Doos are made out of tinfoil. 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

That Yamaha is so heavy it stretched that poor little Doo....look at that tunnel, ready to snap!

So, Doo Innovation and foresight got you out of a jam , and basically saved your life.  :)

Good thing you weren't running a PowerBloc..... you might still be out there in unfamiliar bush. 

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Yep I broke the rope on my 2002 MXZ800 as well. Fortunately it had been running for sometime and motor warm, rope trick worked for me too.  It was on the way for the recoil recall anyway but what an f’n pain that was.

29 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

So, Doo Innovation and foresight got you out of a jam , and basically saved your life.  :)

Good thing you weren't running a PowerBloc..... you might still be out there in unfamiliar bush. 

I like unfamiliar bush.....no Doo Innovation got me, and you, into another recall.....how about leaving a good and proven recoil system stock....Doo decided to lighten it up with plastic shit.....great innovation...NOT!  They really dropped the ball on that idea.

Lol.  Yeah, the mod added a little heat shield to the muffler to keep heat away from the recoil.  Never loved the plastic thing.... steel housings on my old vintage JUNK. 

Doo isn't PERFECT, geez.    (Just the closest of the bunch.)  

:justsaying:

On 1/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, Blackstar said:

I can probably be talked out of my 800 X.

Its a 15 with bigger windshield, studded 2 per row, 2400 Kms, new carbides in and outside, Enduro front bumper.

1B8465E6-9F33-40F2-A5D7-C08C74A86CF2.thumb.jpeg.308cef4f797ff0c57f7bd838cda93497.jpeg

Hey Tim.  Im not really big on the colour of that thing but what would you want for it?