Sled Rentals

Dave

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Etecs never need plugs changed. Very rare

Regardless plugs should be good for the season.  Had to change one trailside on sons Rush after one plug got fouled likely from not letting it warm enough.

Only time it happened.  Rare but still.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Regardless plugs should be good for the season.  Had to change one trailside on sons Rush after one plug got fouled likely from not letting it warm enough.

Only time it happened.  Rare but still.

Etec plugs are good for 3 yrs if i recall correctly

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Etecs never need plugs changed. Very rare

Sounds like a CAT....although I remember Hanlon a few years ago on his NEW Freeride, was going through plugs like they were going out of style....:news:

Just now, Stoney said:

Sounds like a CAT....although I remember Hanlon a few years ago on his NEW Freeride, was going through plugs like they were going out of style....:news:

Probably a fucked up ecm.

6 hours ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Yes, actually 2 sleds riding separate. Dave, be sure all the numbers match and also have a valid VAL Tag since you will get the ticket and the sled is not covered by insurance.

I wish I got to you before you booked.

So this is what we saw today. 

I couldn't take pictures of the first sled due to battery on phone dead. Warmed up phone and this is the second sled.

Temp permit does not match the VIN or VAL tag numbers.

Looks like they are just photo copying the temp permit. 

Sure wish I has a picture of the first one. I'm sure it was the same permit photo copied.

Anyway, both VAL tags were DEC 17 and expired. Told the riders they could be in for a ticket if OPP stop them. Also the sleds have no insurance coverage with a non valid VAL tag.

To top it off they were riding on a closed trail because we needed to repair 2 bridges so they could go limited. Back Country sent them to Dorset on a closed trail.

A huge thanks for the helpers we had to get it done. Only tool 3 hours.

See the pictures attached. These were taken from the same sled from a company who profits from our trails and contributes nothing to the sledding community.

We will be in contact with the OPP and pay them a visit.

These people at Back Country are scum. Please pass the word.

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

Edited by Algonquin Rider

That's the unfortunate reality when you build a sled that lasts more than a couple rides before bursting into flames.....

Just now, Kev144 said:

Doo seems to issue motor rebuild recalls e very other year :snack: 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Doo seems to issue motor rebuild recalls e very other year :snack: 

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

Only the pistons, let's be accurate now.... :)

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They doo tend to grenade.

So, lets see, the general opinion is, those Doo's tend to not last....good thing resale is so high.....:lol:

Just now, Stoney said:

So, lets see, the general opinion is, those Doo's tend to not last....good thing resale is so high.....:lol:

I would not own a doo out of warranty.  Though I would not a poo either. Maybe a cat or yam.  (Motors reliable).  

3 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

I couldn't take pictures of the first sled due to battery on phone dead. Warmed up phone and this is the second sled.

Sure wish I has a picture of the first one. I'm sure it was the same permit photo copied.

Anyway, both VAL tags were DEC 17 and expired. Told the riders they could be in for a ticket if OPP stop them. Also the sleds have no insurance coverage with a non valid VAL tag.

To top it off they were riding on a closed trail because we needed to repair 2 bridges so they could go limited.

See the pictures attached. These were taken from the same sled from a company who profits from our trails and contributes nothing to the sledding community.

These people are scum. Please pass the word.

So, the most important thing here is that bridge is good to go and the trail past the ASC shelter will open soon! :bc:

That is awesome and big thanks to those that helped!

That's pretty ballsy/stupid for a rental company.  I think Sean should set up a sting just outside their property. 

To top it off they were riding on a closed trail because we needed to repair 2 bridges so they could go limited.

These people are scum. Please pass the word.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I would not own a doo out of warranty.  Though I would not a poo either. Maybe a cat or yam.  (Motors reliable).  

Pretty sad actually....what people pay for new technology that might not last you past the warranty.....:flush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stoney said:

So, the most important thing here is that bridge is good to go and the trail past the ASC shelter will open soon! :bc:

That is awesome and big thanks to those that helped!

Yes its open limited now. We just swapped the packer pan for the drag on the groomer. Tomorrow with a pass with the drag it will be open green for the weekend. Will be a great riding weekend.

• Like 1

That's some funny shit right there.... post o' the day!

1 minute ago, Kev144 said: