Sled Rentals

Dave

21 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

You get what you pay for. 

Yup better shock packages for much less on a polaris....you are forced to get an overpriced xrs or a freeride to get equivalent.

How are better shock packages "much less" on a Polaris?  Polaris has been forced to lower their prices and sell their sleds cheaper, but suspension parts are only one element.   You have to compare apples to apples.  Can you get remote res. shocks on a cheaper Polaris than a Doo?  Yes.  Does Polaris HAVE to sell their sleds cheaper currently?  Yes.  It's not because they want to give you better shocks for a cheaper price..... Lol

If Doos are "overpriced"... why are they selling so many of them?  The market dictates the value of anything.  As does the resale market.  Market forces. 

In any case, innovation and Engineering, will always cost more than copying designs.  BRP has a hefty R&D budget these days, obviously.  Love 'em or hate 'em..... they are innovating. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

How are better shock packages "much less" on a Polaris?  Polaris has been forced to lower their prices and sell their sleds cheaper, but suspension parts are only one element.   You have to compare apples to apples.  Can you get remote res. shocks on a cheaper Polaris than a Doo?  Yes.  Does Polaris HAVE to sell their sleds cheaper currently?  Yes.  It's not because they want to give you better shocks for a cheaper price..... Lol

If Doos are "overpriced"... why are they selling so many of them?  The market dictates the value of anything.  As does the resale market.  Market forces. 

In any case, innovation and Engineering, will always cost more than copying designs.  BRP has a hefty R&D budget these days, obviously.  Love 'em or hate 'em..... they are innovating. 

Cool story....doo hasnt been innovative since the original rev came out.

Who knew we could have brand bashing vs brand supremacy right here on FS.:lol:

I take my employees and my sons friends out on the sleds, the first time ever riding about 2/3's prefer the fit/feel and ride of the cat vs the two poos.  I like them all.

Will try out a doo.

13 hours ago, DAVE said:

Id go polaris personally. More bang for the buck.

Lots of bang for sure. Any pistons available yet ? Just kidding, of course.

The 2016 and up definitely work much better.

Edited by Frostynuts

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who knew we could have brand bashing vs brand supremacy right here on FS.:lol:

I take my employees and my sons friends out on the sleds, the first time ever riding about 2/3's prefer the fit/feel and ride of the cat vs the two poos.  I like them all.

Will try out a doo.

How tall are they?

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Lots of bang for sure. Any pistons available yet ? Just kidding, of course.

The 2016 and up definitely work much better.

2015 the new 800 came out and has been fairly reliable since. No different than any other manu with issues :bc:  I'd take the old cat 800 out of warranty only though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not everyone is Paul Bunyan.:lol:

:lol:

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

2015 the new 800 came out and has been fairly reliable since. No different than any other manu with issues :bc:  I'd take the old cat 800 out of warranty only though. 

Motors have always been a bright spot with Cat.

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

For 2015 I wanted an 800.  There was no way I was testing a new Poo engine with the issues they had with the previous.  It seems to be pretty good now.

Same with the new Cat engine, not testing it, but they also haven;t made any other improvements. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya the cat to me is like riding an old rev...if i was a little shorter im sure it would be better.

Hmm, I'm 6-2 and I'm more comfortable on my Cat than anything else I've bought (stock). I've always had to do risers on my XP's.

I haven't tried the new Poo's though.

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

Motors have always been a bright spot with Cat.

Yep.  See how this 600 is compared to my poo.  I've been told by my cat buddies it's good to 95 and that's it.   

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hmm, I'm 6-2 and I'm more comfortable on my Cat than anything else I've bought (stock). I've always had to do risers on my XP's.

I haven't tried the new Poo's though.

Ive had to put taller risers on my xp's as well....better for standing.

16 hours ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Dave, good luck with that.

They are a shady company and have ripped off the snowmobile club not paying for advertising and not paying for us to retrieve damaged sled from the trail.

Just last week some people staying at a local resort from Singapore booked a sled and clothing for December 24th. The trails are never open here at that time. They could not ride and tried to cancel but no refund. They could get a credit for later. They are only here for a week. Just under $500 for one 2up sled from 9-5.

Our club does not support them and will not allow them to be one of our business supporters based on the complaints we have gotten from their customers. They also do not provide proper equipment (unless you rent it) to riders based on the weather conditions. We have seen people obviously new to sledding wearing running shoes and jeans when its -20C. These people thing its an amusement park. Drive a snowmobile in the bush. They don't give proper maps just a 8 1/2" X 11" hand drawn map sending people to Dorset and tell them that can take Lake of Bays back. Very irresponsible.

The only thing I would do is walk in and rent a sled if its a good day and the trails are open. Last year they were renting to people before the trails were open and there were still some gates closed. No booking online.

I feel bad that a business would run this way. Someone will get very hurt or die out there.

We had neighbors at the Blue Spruce last Feb. who were from Pennsylvania . They were a very experienced sledding couple. They had reserved two sleds from this company well in advance.. Upon pick up day they were given a two up sled and told all other sleds were broke, and they would have them next day.  Each morning they stopped back in to the company and were told sorry no other sleds available.

All week run around. Felt really bad for them. The old bugger could really wheel that sled around too, but his wife was obviously not enjoying the bitch seat at all.

14 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

We had neighbors at the Blue Spruce last Feb. who were from Pennsylvania . They were a very experienced sledding couple. They had reserved two sleds from this company well in advance.. Upon pick up day they were given a two up sled and told all other sleds were broke, and they would have them next day.  Each morning they stopped back in to the company and were told sorry no other sleds available.

All week run around. Felt really bad for them. The old bugger could really wheel that sled around too, but his wife was obviously not enjoying the bitch seat at all.

Interesting...guess we shall see.

10 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Wait till you see my next post. Renters sent on closed trails today while we were doing bridge work, temp permit photo copied not matching sled,  Dec 2017 Expired Val Tag. Will post pictures later.

Renters from backcountry?