Sled Rentals

Dave

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Can anyone recommend a sled rental place in the Muskoka area...or close....ive contacted Backcountry in dwight ....but they seem to be giving me the run around.

You won't ride a Cat though.  

https://rosseauroad.ca/snowmobile-rentals/

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

They only rent barnies from the looks of it. But I will call.

Most are 570 fan cooled but they have some others.  

Bill had 4 rented out this past Thurs when I picked up my sleds from him.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Backcountry called back finally....that was close...almost had to ride a cat. :lol:

All booked on a 900 ace.

I wouldn't mind trying one of those myself. I'd like to put the old lady on one for her next.

Just now, Blackstar said:

I wouldn't mind trying one of those myself. I'd like to put the old lady on one for her next.

They are nice...do about 80 mph tops though....the sequin and lake is the only place I will be laggin behind....im ok with that. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

They are nice...do about 80 mph tops though....the sequin and lake is the only place I will be laggin behind....im ok with that. :lol:

Just have your License and Registration handy if you plan to do 80 mph on the Sequin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Just have your License and Registration handy if you plan to do 80 mph on the Sequin.

Ive never seen radar anywhere but near the road crossings on the seguin :dunno:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Backcountry called back finally....that was close...almost had to ride a cat. :lol:

All booked on a 900 ace.

Dave, good luck with that.

They are a shady company and have ripped off the snowmobile club not paying for advertising and not paying for us to retrieve damaged sled from the trail. 

Just last week some people staying at a local resort from Singapore booked a sled and clothing for December 24th. The trails are never open here at that time. They could not ride and tried to cancel but no refund. They could get a credit for later. They are only here for a week. Just under $500 for one 2up sled from 9-5.

Our club does not support them and will not allow them to be one of our business supporters based on the complaints we have gotten from their customers. They also do not provide proper equipment (unless you rent it) to riders based on the weather conditions. We have seen people obviously new to sledding wearing running shoes and jeans when its -20C. These people thing its an amusement park. Drive a snowmobile in the bush. They don't give proper maps just a 8 1/2" X 11" hand drawn map sending people to Dorset and tell them that can take Lake of Bays back. Very irresponsible.

The only thing I would do is walk in and rent a sled if its a good day and the trails are open. Last year they were renting to people before the trails were open and there were still some gates closed. No booking online.

I feel bad that a business would run this way. Someone will get very hurt or die out there.

Edited by Algonquin Rider
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

They are a shady company and have ripped off the snowmobile club not paying for advertising and not paying for us to retrieve damaged sled from the trail. 

Just last week some people staying at a local resort from Singapore booked a sled and clothing for December 24th. The trails are never open here at that time. They could not ride and tried to cancel but no refund. They could get a credit for later. They are only here for a week. Just under $500 for one 2up sled from 9-5.

Our club does not support them and will not allow them to be one of our business supporters based on the complaints we have gotten from their customers. They also do not provide proper equipment (unless you rent it) to riders based on the weather conditions. We have seen people obviously new to sledding wearing running shoes and jeans when its -20C. These people thing its an amusement park. Drive a snowmobile in the bush. They don't give proper maps just a 8 1/2" X 11" hand drawn map sending people to Dorset and tell them that can take Lake of Bays back. Very irresponsible.

The only thing I would do is walk in and rent a sled if its a good day and the trails are open. Last year they were renting to people before the trails were open and there were still some gates closed. No booking online.

I feel bad that a business would run this way. Someone will get very hurt or die out there.

I didnt book it with mycard....im not stupid. :lol:

I tentatively booked it for the dates.... 649 for 3 days...not bad imo. :bc:

Im not new to sledding by any means...they do have 14 day cancellation apparently....you gotta make hay while the sunshines.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Ive never seen radar anywhere but near the road crossings on the seguin :dunno:

you are a smart guy, you know the big ticket is sprucedale hotel :lol: you'll be ok :bc: 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

WOW... no trails to ride on and they take a reservation and don't give a refund. They aren't out a single penny since they didn't lose the rental that someone else would have taken. That is just scum. They know it's a tourist from out of country. They know they can't use a credit later and they know they won't be able to take them to court.

I'll remember that if anyone asks.

One of the reasons I will recommend Rosseau Power Sports. Bill and family have never come close to doing me wrong and have gone out of their way to exceed my expectations.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I didnt book it with mycard....im not stupid. :lol:

I tentatively booked it for the dates.... 649 for 3 days...not bad imo. :bc:

Im not new to sledding by any means...they do have 14 day cancellation apparently....you gotta make hay while the sunshines.

Great,

Please let us know how it goes.

PM me and I will let you know how the trails are when you go. 

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

WOW... no trails to ride on and they take a reservation and don't give a refund. They aren't out a single penny since they didn't lose the rental that someone else would have taken. That is just scum. They know it's a tourist from out of country. They know they can't use a credit later and they know they won't be able to take them to court.

I'll remember that if anyone asks.

One of the reasons I will recommend Rosseau Power Sports. Bill and family have never come close to doing me wrong and have gone out of their way to exceed my expectations.

They were very nice to talk to....i just cant ride a cat....but if things fall through at backcountry i will book with them. :bc:

7 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Great,

Please let us know how it goes.

PM me and I will let you know how the trails are when you go. 

Will do...thx for the info and the warning. :bc:

14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

you are a smart guy, you know the big ticket is sprucedale hotel :lol: you'll be ok :bc: 

Were riding during the week....buddy just texted me and says he wants to go around the park.