Who here actually rides snowmobiles?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Maybe its a 4stroke....i think he said hes got an Apex

I know guys with Yamahas usually take the fuel relay out and warm it up. It must be a pain in the ass when it's cold out and those tanks don't start

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I know guys with Yamahas usually take the fuel relay out and warm it up. It must be a pain in the ass when it's cold out and those tanks don't start

Mine has always started too....but its a ski doo. ;)

The old cat battery Efi’s did that back 22 years ago. Hair dryer hung on the back of my camp for a few years.

52 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Squirt a little fuel in the spark plug holes, maybe a couple times.

Had to do exactly that to get that old Yamaha fired up last week.  I forgot how much I enjoyed roping over a frozen sled that doesn't want to start.  The Polaris was left outside for almost 2 weeks in the snow uncovered, and fired right up each morning.

It was -30 and a windchill of -39 this morning. I waited quite a while before firing up the car, truck and sleds. Everything cranked over a lot slower at that friggin temp

I have solar panels plugged into each of my 2 trucks, 1 Caddie and one of my ATV's, they turn over great in below zero weather. Actual temps. here the last 2 weeks was as high as zero and as low as minus 30F.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I have solar panels plugged into each of my 2 trucks, 1 Caddie and one of my ATV's, they turn over great in below zero weather. Actual temps. here the last 2 weeks was as high as zero and as low as minus 30F.

The only thing I hate starting are the sleds when it's that cold.i usually pull them over a few times, then crank them over before using the choke. I was too lazy to put them in the garage when we got back

39 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My 2 buds. 2016 vipers. Was -20c the other night. Both didn' want to start in am. Don' know if relay or fuel.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

How do you like It?

I like it.  It’s not a lightweight 2 stroke in the tight twisty trails but it’s more than manageable.  I have 6.9’s and put a Storm track on it and they are both great upgrades.  Motor is awesome.  Really looking forward to a couple Canadian trips with this sled.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

I like it.  It’s not a lightweight 2 stroke in the tight twisty trails but it’s more than manageable.  I have 6.9’s and put a Storm track on it and they are both great upgrades.  Motor is awesome.  Really looking forward to a couple Canadian trips with this sled.

Awesome. I' leaning towards a couple new Gade 1200"s possibly for next season. I still like our 600 ( carbed) Gades and we"re thinking of doing longer trips in the future

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Below zero for highs in Maine. No riding here.

wimp

but seriously,  by the time i'm your age i'll be at boca vista instead of jackman it was cold this weekend .  sunday was a balmy 1 with 20-30 mph winds and was the worst of the 3 days i rode,  -12 and no wind was ok

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

If you haven't done that owning cats...you would never do it. :)

Haven't had one not start yet , no matter how cold it was .  That's just one more reason why I don't screw around with junk .   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Maybe its a 4stroke....i think he said hes got an Apex

Yes it's an Apex. I let it sit in the sun for a while  and it fired right up. It's supposed to warm up for a couple of day's. Back too the freezer for the weekend though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'm looking at new too. 

Renegade 900

Renegade 1200

Zr 7000 137

Need 1+1. Don' know which way to go. Not sure if 900 has enough. I'm no speed freak. 

My buddy just bought a 2017 Gade 1200 for himself and a 2018 TNT 900 Ace for his wife. Sofar they like them. Not sure what the 900 has for a top end but apparently pulls pretty good

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My buddy just bought a 2017 Gade 1200 for himself and a 2018 TNT 900 Ace for his wife. Sofar they like them. Not sure what the 900 has for a top end but apparently pulls pretty good

My buddy had a 14 gade 900 and now 18 Blizzard 900. Gade would do high 80s on GPS.  He loves them. Hes probably 180ish. I'm 230ish.....

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My buddy had a 14 gade 900 and now 18 Blizzard 900. Gade would do high 80s on GPS.  He loves them. Hes probably 180ish. I'm 230ish.....

That's what I'm hearing alot of the 900"s running out at.

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

80? Is that considered fast for that sled? Dunno??