Who here actually rides snowmobiles?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Did you ever get the pleasure of meeting Mike Maezer. Used to run a place called " the shop" and the mobil station/ restaurant.

No , never been there but I remeber hearing of him and seeing signs for the place all over the trail system way back when . :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

No , never been there but I remeber hearing of him and seeing signs for the place all over the trail system way back when . :bc:

You ride the crown at all? Ft Kent , st Agatha , new sweeden ect.?

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Like a hooked nosed Jew fuck would spend 2 cents to ride on a snowmobile  :lmao: oh and :finger2: 

32 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

2018 El Tigre 8000, about 300 miles. I got up north last Tuesday afternoon and came home yesterday two days early, conditions were just fair at best and quite frankly the desire to pile miles on in those conditions in sub zero F temps wasn't there knowing that I have two Canada trips on the horizon plus better conditions coming closer to home in the near future. After two below average winters I'm thinking I will be back to my 4,000 mile average this season.

Kinda where my head is at too.  Just damn cold. Tuesday I rode by myself most of the day until dark, but not super keen on being out in subzero after dark riding solo, particularly where there only about 5 sleds total in town.  Thursday and Friday they started rolling into town though.  I have 3 more months.  Not like I'm asking for much, just be above 0f hopefully. :lol: Already registered in Quebec, and camp is only 20 mins from the border, so we'll be getting up there several times, including a bagger ride hopefully in early Feb. 

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I've done the loop up to Kent and back around via the border / rr bed down to Houlton and back but not the crown yet . :bc:

I'd be up for a loop like that.  Want to ride through the old Woolie homestead in Easton too, just east of Presque Isle on the NB border. :bc: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Kinda where my head is at too.  Just damn cold. Tuesday I rode by myself most of the day until dark, but not super keen on being out in subzero after dark riding solo, particularly where there only about 5 sleds total in town.  Thursday and Friday they started rolling into town though.  I have 3 more months.  Not like I'm asking for much, just be above 0f hopefully. :lol: Already registered in Quebec, and camp is only 20 mins from the border, so we'll be getting up there several times, including a bagger ride hopefully in early Feb. 

I'd be up for a loop like that.  Want to ride through the old Woolie homestead in Easton too, just east of Presque Isle on the NB border. :bc: 

Yeah , we gotta do a bagger up that way from the house this season for sure . :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

If ya do it there is a trail that is actually the border between maine and NB. To the left of there there are club trails . Check em out , no traffic at all and just as flat , fast and smooth as ITS trails.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

2018 El Tigre 8000, about 300 miles. I got up north last Tuesday afternoon and came home yesterday two days early, conditions were just fair at best and quite frankly the desire to pile miles on in those conditions in sub zero F temps wasn't there knowing that I have two Canada trips on the horizon plus better conditions coming closer to home in the near future. After two below average winters I'm thinking I will be back to my 4,000 mile average this season.

That About sums up my trip. A lot of my friends that have camps by me bailed or just Road a few hours a day.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Post up sled, and miles ridden this year.

2017 Switchback Assault 800.  About 450 miles season to date.

1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 2002 Yamaha sxr 600. we did a Shakedown Cruise yesterday we did 60 miles it was too cold. I was warm enough but my girls feet got cold we got to get her better boots. My T-Cat has a broken inner coil spring on the rear skid shock and I'm having a helluva time finding one. Other than that both sleds performed well 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That About sums up my trip. A lot of my friends that have camps by me bailed or just Road a few hours a day.

That’s what I’ve been doing, two hour blasts. Supposed to warm up a bit tues and wed and we have some longer runs planned.

• Like 1

I've ridden a total of 45 miles this year mostly on a 98 Summit and a 94 Formula Z.  I've parted out and flipped 3 sleds though.  The last few years I've flipped more sleds than I've ridden.  Working on them and flipping them is just as much fun if not more than freezing my ass off and riding some times.  It's been -20 for 10 days now.  My wife rode around our bay I haven't ridden at all fuck that.

37 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 2002 Yamaha sxr 600. we did a Shakedown Cruise yesterday we did 60 miles it was too cold. I was warm enough but my girls feet got cold we got to get her better boots. My T-Cat has a broken inner coil spring on the rear skid shock and I'm having a helluva time finding one. Other than that both sleds performed well 

Here you go John: 0604-658 It's at Al's and his part number is: AL235878  and it's a new part!

http://www.alssnowmobile.com/PRODUCTPARTS.ASPX?pn_deptid=543

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Hudon should bee right out your back yard.  They don't have any?