Just Might Be Done With Sledding

Pete Z

5 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Pete , here’s your sled .

somewhere there is a engine under thems pipes ......

2007 iqr / Xcr 800 on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/muskoka/2007-iqr-xcr-800/1324132867?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

I know that sled and the owner. I'm surprised that it's for sale as he spent a pile of time and money on it. Must be on to a new project. 

Cat shack Peterborough.  Guy says it's reg as a sled. I call bullshit on that.  Sounds like no summer parts included.  Bike is a bit anemic at 48 hp, and looks like not much has been done to make it run well in the winter.  Latest rumour is that cat is getting out of snowbikes, having failed at making them trail legal in the east.  

IMG_3368.JPG

2 hours ago, Pete Z said:

Who builds the bike? Definitely looks Euro - Gasgas? 

Sherco 450 sef-r.  Unfortunately the cdn sherco distributor closed their doors this fall.  Parts might be a challenge.  

Pretty good pricing if you can get it shipped into Canada cheap.  Fit kits are $400 cdn, less if you can turn your own bushings.  

IMG_3376.PNG

Yep, b.s. on that. 

18 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Cat shack Peterborough.  Guy says it's reg as a sled. I call bullshit on that.  Sounds like no summer parts included.  Bike is a bit anemic at 48 hp, and looks like not much has been done to make it run well in the winter.  Latest rumour is that cat is getting out of snowbikes, having failed at making them trail legal in the east.  

IMG_3368.JPG

On 1/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, Pete Z said:

Who builds the bike? Definitely looks Euro - Gasgas? 

The bike is a 2017 Sherco 450SEFR.   I am probably the only guy on this board who has actually ridden a Sherco.   I owned a 2016 300 SER 2 stroke and I got to ride the 450 SEFR for a weekend 2 yrs ago at the Calabogie Boogie Trail Ride.  The Sherco is a great bike and long term testing has proven it to be quite reliable.   

• Like 1