Sign in to follow this  
yarddawg

Trail Conditions

Not much yellow or green on the OFSC map yet! What's the scoop North Bay or Lake of Bays, boys????

I heard Trout lake in NB is staked and Nipissing has a foot of ice......brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Happy Wanders.............as always, thumbs up boys! Sweet ride to Baysville today!!!!!

Apparently, the OFSC said they don't want to use up the budget, as permit sales are way down.  So, the snow should be gone by the time they get out......

On 12/30/2017 at 7:29 AM, yarddawg said:

Not much yellow or green on the OFSC map yet! What's the scoop North Bay or Lake of Bays, boys????

You girls should enjoy Lake of Bays area this weekend! Lakes are good, lots of fluffy snow, trails are very rideable fyi

My area is still not open but rideable. I will head up regardless of temperatures.  Hopefully things warm slightly.  

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

My area is still not open but rideable. I will head up regardless of temperatures.  Hopefully things warm slightly.  

Was talking to my buddy up in novar today....theyve been getting a bit of les for the last 3 days he said.

Cold for sure....Hopefully my sled starts. It’s a Poo with very little innovation....and no cold shot starter...LOL......but it does have a recoil pull-start, standard!  Doo innovation eliminated that.....I know a guy that had to have an innovative Doo jump started....dead battery...again.?.  What no pull starter?.... lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Warm up is coming on Sunday. Deep freeze starting Thursday through Saturday.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Warm up is coming on Sunday. Deep freeze starting Thursday through Saturday.

Storing my nuts now....hopefully they fall back to normal by Monday!

42 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Heading up tomorrow for three days, likely won't ride before noon.

Posted (edited)

I heard about that guy..... that wouldn't have happened to be a used sled with a 3 year old battery, was it? 

I knew a guy whose Polaris wouldn't start with electric start OR the pull start.  Maybe they need a third system? 

Doo just isn't very innovative...... strangely, doesn't seem to affect their market share, or their pricing, or their resale....... Lol

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Cold for sure....Hopefully my sled starts. It’s a Poo with very little innovation....and no cold shot starter...LOL......but it does have a recoil pull-start, standard!  Doo innovation eliminated that.....I know a guy that had to have an innovative Doo jump started....dead battery...again.?.  What no pull starter?.... lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

:lol:poor Puzz....

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I heard about that guy..... wasn't it a used sled with a 3 year old battery?  I heard it was fine after a charge....

I knew a guy whose Polaris wouldn't start with electric start OR the pull start.  Maybe they need a third system? 

Doo just isn't very innovative...... strangely, doesn't seem to affect their market share, or their pricing, or their resale....... Lol

What, you with a used Doo!  I thought your world revolved around new Skidoo’s. When was the last time you actually bought a new Skidoo????..FYI your battery was only a year old at the time....but hard to confirm when you ride used sleds:)

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Was talking to my buddy up in novar today....theyve been getting a bit of les for the last 3 days he said.

have a good time Dave.  I am just north of you in Kearney but won't be up til friday the 12th.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Heading up tomorrow for three days, likely won't ride before noon.

Agree. I’m arriving around 1 pm or so....warming up to -20c or so.... My buddy picked up a new 2018 Indy 600SP for under 10k. He is coming up too.  Awesome deal. I’m looking forward to trying it out.  Also, first ride for me, and I need to try my new suit and helmet....thanks to wife...Christmas!

Looks like its warming up a bit.  Highs now -17, -22,-22 for next 3 days.  I'll take it.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Looks like its warming up a bit.  Highs now -17, -22,-22 for next 3 days.  I'll take it.

Lol...good one.....I open the pool at -30....:)

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well, the one good thing about the cold we had/are having, your body adjusts to it, a balmy -20 feels like spring!

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Well, the one good thing about the cold we had/are having, your body adjusts to it, a balmy -20 feels like spring!

Exactly.  Won't need a base layer.

Posted (edited)

2002, actually.  And pretty sure battery was orig...... my fault, anyway. 

I can't afford a new Doo..... they're overpriced, and under-innovated. 

55 minutes ago, Poncho said:

What, you with a used Doo!  I thought your world revolved around new Skidoo’s. When was the last time you actually bought a new Skidoo????..FYI your battery was only a year old at the time....but hard to confirm when you ride used sleds:)

Edited by Puzzleboy

You sure that 600 will be fast enough for the breakneck speeds you guys ride at?

53 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Agree. I’m arriving around 1 pm or so....warming up to -20c or so.... My buddy picked up a new 2018 Indy 600SP for under 10k. He is coming up too.  Awesome deal. I’m looking forward to trying it out.  Also, first ride for me, and I need to try my new suit and helmet....thanks to wife...Christmas!

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

You sure that 600 will be fast enough for the breakneck speeds you guys ride at?

Should be OK. The last guy that rode an anemic 600 with me overheated due to riding to slow....the boy got to make snow dust!!!...anyway, he was so slow it went limp dick doo mode, common with Doo drivers....anyway, after some emotional counseling, I managed to get him home.  Shouldn’t be an issue with this guy as he ride rides a Poo.  Poo’s have enough balls to spin the track enough to cool the exchangers......:)

Isn't the 600 a slight step above the 1200 class.....I kind of see why you fancy the 1200, at least you have an excuse for when you are trailing along....:pc: