5 Baltimore 33.1 15.2 2.2
6 St. Louis 31.1 14.0 2.2
7 Richmond 29.9 15.7 1.9
8 Memphis 25.5 19.8 1.3
9 Cleveland 25.2 10.9 2.3
10 Philadelphia 24.3 12.4 2.0

Chicago is not even on there... :news:

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Most guns sold today are to idiots. They buy on impulse for protection, only to sell the firearm a few months or years later. My issue is how cheap an illegal pistol can be purchased because of the flood of firearms into society. There’s also straw purchases and gun show trade. Given the fact that America is safer than its ever been, the massive sale of guns for protection isn’t warranted. Over Christmas weekend I said that the murder and crime rate in America is at near record lows. Of course everyone looked at me like I was nuts. So I suggested they look up the stats. Lots of stunned faces were the result. 

Personally I’ve always had a love affair with guns. I was raised in a rural setting and they were regularly displayed and used. Hunting, target practice, etc. my dad had me in sub-sonic pistol competition at the age of 12. Regardless, I find the American obsession with firearms dangerous to future of gun ownership. 

We all get it.  Liberals think gun owners are idiots.  No sweat.  Racists too!  Now, let's try to address the "meat" in your post 

I'm pretty sure most guns are purchased for hunting.  And while some may state "for protection" as their reason, I think that is a lie also.  Most purchase out of novelty.  Ahhhh...Americans love them some "boom sticks"!  Our culture was built on it and I don't see that changing...EVER.  In fact, if anyone is toiling their life away thinking and hoping we are ever gonna become Canada, they should just pack up and move to Canada.  We have so many guns on the street that all any real anti-gun law would accomplish would make what is there really expensive, and tie our courts up even more with worthless violations.  A registry?  Volunteer turn ins? Buy ups?  Laughable.  Registries have been attempted in some states/municipalities and wouldn't you know it..NOBODY owned any!  :lmao:

Now, I certainly have my reservations about most people owning guns.  In fact, I think most probably shouldn't for their and their own family's safety.  Most that own have some type of confusion about exactly how they are going to use their guns to protect themselves.  Fact is, I find it true that most stand a better chance of survival in any stand-off if they stay unarmed.  There are no "safety classes" that will help them.  Most simply are not familiar enough with he weapons they own or how to handle them properly in the first place let alone have any ballistics knowledge.  Knocking out some range time a few times a year, while helpful, hardly makes any experts.  And I've had many a laugh on many civilian ranges watching these yay-hoos with their fancy get-ups and military wear and uber cool safey glasses. The real experts are the ones that carry/carried and depended on their weapons for a living (and living).  There is no disputing that.  Just ask common "Joe Neckbone" how many seconds it takes an assailant to close a 15 foot distance on their objective?  The stares are astounding. Like they never thought of that.  Too many westerns as kids I guess.  Bottom line, most will have "contact" while they are fucking around with their safety switch assuming they don't put a pill in themselves first.

I have my guns also.  They are "purpose built" and are rarely taken out at all short of the twice a year cleaning.  I like them....I LOVE them and we have history together..  They are mine and there is only one way they will be given up (Insert classic cliché line here).  Should most own anything remotely close to what I have?  Not a chance.  Should they have the right to, ABSOLUTLEY.  While you may be correct about the murder and crime rate being down as a whole, that is certainly a region by region thing and makes no difference in the argument to me.  We are the greatest nation in the world for several reasons, one is the second amendment.  While most have NO IDEA why it was written or, otherwise completely misinterpret it out of just plain ignorance or some type of politically charged willful self deceit, the fact our citizens can still arm and organize as a militia (effectiveness not withstanding) is always on the minds of lawmakers...and it damn well should be.  And it isn't just DC retards that take notice, it's others meaning "ill-will".  Foreign and domestic.  We are an awfully rambunctios and dangerous bunch!!!  :lmao:

:bc:

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I. Hate. You.

Oh...don't lie.  I can almost feel your warm embrace now.  :hay:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

And what stands out in every state on the list..... NO PERMIT REQUIRED!

Safety training must be a law in every state....period.

So why isn't Maine NH and VT on the list? All 3 states have constitutional carry. They have all always been gun friendly states . They all are perennial low crime rate states. Most yrs they are the 3 lowest. 

Massachusetts has a homicide rate 2-3 times higher then NH and strict gun laws, why is that?

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So why isn't Maine NH and VT on the list? All 3 states have constitutional carry. They have all always been gun friendly states . They all are perennial low crime rate states. Most yrs they are the 3 lowest. 

Massachusetts has a homicide rate 2-3 times higher then NH and strict gun laws, why is that?

Gun show loophole? 

:lol:

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Anecdotal at best. I’ve seen no study that links gun safety to a drop in gun violence. I don’t see how they’re remotely connected. It’s more a feel good measure. 

Every state on that list did not require a permit and they were ranked the worst.

the safest states require permits with a safety course requirement. 

The results are in your thread:thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Every state on that list did not require a permit and they were ranked the worst.

That's a total lie and you know it.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Your cherry picking the data. Show me where gun safety courses have been proven to decrease gun violence. An actual group of people that said without question, a gun safety course prevented them from commuting a homicide or suicide. Where’s that data? 

From Townhall:

John Hawkins

Liberals believe in never letting a crisis go to waste; so before the blood cools on the ground after a mass shooting, we always have some variation of the following conversation:

Liberals: WE MUST ACT!

Conservatives: What do you want to do?

Liberals: A bunch of things that will hurt law-abiding gun owners, but won't fix the problem!

Conservatives: No, thanks.

Liberals: WHY WON'T YOU ACT?!?!?

Every time some terrorist, wacko or radical kills people, liberals always want to take guns away from the people who didn’t do it. Their unconstitutional goal is complete gun confiscation, something which would likely lead to mass violence against the people carrying it out along with the prominent people and government officials advocating it. The Founding Fathers understood that if the American people were ever disarmed, it would only be a matter of time until the guns of a fascistic government were pointed at the people. So wise Americans understand that an attempt at widespread gun confiscation in the United States may very well lead to large numbers of freedom loving civilians, cops and military members taking up arms to insure that we continue to live in a Constitutional Republic.  Liberals would do well not to forget that.

Setting aside the bloodbath that policy would likely lead to, it still wouldn’t solve the problem even if it worked. You can talk about the “success” of gun confiscation in Australia if you like, but it’s not a comparable situation. There are already large numbers of illegal guns in the United States and getting more firearms into the country isn’t going to be a big problem with our porous borders. You want to get rid of guns in the United States?

Well, you CAN’T.

But of course, calling for gun confiscation in the United States is widely unpopular and so many liberals won’t admit that’s what they want to do.

So what other gun control laws could liberals implement that would stop mass shootings?

None.

If you want to know why, take a look at some of the most prominent shootings in recent years starting with Stephen Paddock in Las Vegas.

Paddock killed 59 people with semi-automatic rifles, but he had no criminal record or known mental health issues and he passed a background check with ease. He did apparently use bump stocks on his guns to speed their rate of fire and even the NRA is on board with banning them. Would getting rid of bump stocks have stopped Paddock? No, but it MAY have reduced the body count. Keep in mind that bump stocks replicate a technique that can be learned; so he may have been able to do the same thing without a bump stock given time, practice and motivation, all of which he seems to have had.

Then there’s Omar Mateen, the Pulse Nightclub shooter who gunned down 49 with a semi-automatic rifle. The Lone Wolf Jihadi bought his guns legally after passing a background check.

What about Dylann Roof? The notorious racist killer who killed black Americans at a South Carolina church? He did pass his background check, but it was because of an error by the FBI screener looking at his application. Unlike the first two names on this list, he did his killing with a semi-automatic pistol.

We also can’t forget Adam Lanza. Remember, the crazy kid who killed 26 at Sandy Hook? He murdered his own mother and took her guns. What law stops someone who is ready to kill his own mother?

Jared Lee Loughner was forced to leave college because campus officials feared for the safety of students around him, but he wasn’t convicted of a crime. Therefore, he passed a background check to buy the Glock he used to kill 6 people and shoot Gabrielle Giffords in the head.

Major Nidal Malik Hasan was caught talking to a radical, anti-American cleric, but our intelligence agencies just shrugged that off. Later, he  passed a background check, bought a semi-automatic pistol and used it to murder people at Fort Hood.

James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist, but never spoke of any plans he had to hurt people, which would have legally required her to report it. Holmes passed a background check, bought weapons including a semi-automatic pistol, semi-automatic rifle and a shotgun and used his weapons to murder 12 people in an Aurora, Colorado theater.

We can go on and on with this, but the point is that there is no magic fix.

Want to reduce the size of high capacity magazines? Once you know your way around a gun, you can change out a magazine in less than 2 seconds. Furthermore, semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols and shotguns have all been used in mass killings. Banning one class of guns isn’t going to stop it. Additionally, as we discussed, banning all classes of guns wouldn’t end mass killings either. In Europe, where there already are the gun control laws liberals would love to implement, there are still gun massacres. One hundred thirty people were killed in a mass shooting with automatic weapons in France in 2015. Even if every gun on the planet magically disappeared tomorrow, the mass killings wouldn’t go away. In fact, the largest mass murders on American soil were committed with airplanes (9/11) and bombs (Oklahoma City). That seems especially noteworthy given that Paddock also had ammonium nitrate that could have been used to make a bomb. In 2016 in France, a man even killed 84 people by plowing through crowds with a truck. What, are we going to ban vehicles next? Get serious.

Once someone’s mind is set on murder, there is no simple fix.

So, how do you find the people bent on murder? Most of the time you don’t. Predicting which “moderate Muslim” will be radicalized and become a lone wolf killer is impossible. Predicting which mentally ill person will actually go around the bend and kill people isn’t doable. Some might be better bets to become violent than others, but the vast majority of people with mental illnesses don’t hurt anyone.

Maybe getting God back in our schools, pushing Christian values and working on changing our “all attention is good attention” social-media-driven society might help, but I doubt liberals would be on board with any of those things.

Long story short, gun control isn’t the fix for mass murders. If you want gun control so badly, move to the South Side of Chicago where it already exists and leave all of us law-abiding gun owners alone. 

Blah, blah , blah.  All bullshit because no one wants to talk about blacks shooting each other and be labeled a racist.

In my town you would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't own a firearm. Hasn't been a murder in 15 years and wasn't with a gun.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

From Townhall:

John Hawkins

Liberals believe in never letting a crisis go to waste; so before the blood cools on the ground after a mass shooting, we always have some variation of the following conversation:

Liberals: WE MUST ACT!

Conservatives: What do you want to do?

Liberals: A bunch of things that will hurt law-abiding gun owners, but won't fix the problem!

Conservatives: No, thanks.

Liberals: WHY WON'T YOU ACT?!?!?

Every time some terrorist, wacko or radical kills people, liberals always want to take guns away from the people who didn’t do it. Their unconstitutional goal is complete gun confiscation, something which would likely lead to mass violence against the people carrying it out along with the prominent people and government officials advocating it. The Founding Fathers understood that if the American people were ever disarmed, it would only be a matter of time until the guns of a fascistic government were pointed at the people. So wise Americans understand that an attempt at widespread gun confiscation in the United States may very well lead to large numbers of freedom loving civilians, cops and military members taking up arms to insure that we continue to live in a Constitutional Republic.  Liberals would do well not to forget that.

Setting aside the bloodbath that policy would likely lead to, it still wouldn’t solve the problem even if it worked. You can talk about the “success” of gun confiscation in Australia if you like, but it’s not a comparable situation. There are already large numbers of illegal guns in the United States and getting more firearms into the country isn’t going to be a big problem with our porous borders. You want to get rid of guns in the United States?

Well, you CAN’T.

But of course, calling for gun confiscation in the United States is widely unpopular and so many liberals won’t admit that’s what they want to do.

So what other gun control laws could liberals implement that would stop mass shootings?

None.

If you want to know why, take a look at some of the most prominent shootings in recent years starting with Stephen Paddock in Las Vegas.

Paddock killed 59 people with semi-automatic rifles, but he had no criminal record or known mental health issues and he passed a background check with ease. He did apparently use bump stocks on his guns to speed their rate of fire and even the NRA is on board with banning them. Would getting rid of bump stocks have stopped Paddock? No, but it MAY have reduced the body count. Keep in mind that bump stocks replicate a technique that can be learned; so he may have been able to do the same thing without a bump stock given time, practice and motivation, all of which he seems to have had.

Then there’s Omar Mateen, the Pulse Nightclub shooter who gunned down 49 with a semi-automatic rifle. The Lone Wolf Jihadi bought his guns legally after passing a background check.

What about Dylann Roof? The notorious racist killer who killed black Americans at a South Carolina church? He did pass his background check, but it was because of an error by the FBI screener looking at his application. Unlike the first two names on this list, he did his killing with a semi-automatic pistol.

We also can’t forget Adam Lanza. Remember, the crazy kid who killed 26 at Sandy Hook? He murdered his own mother and took her guns. What law stops someone who is ready to kill his own mother?

Jared Lee Loughner was forced to leave college because campus officials feared for the safety of students around him, but he wasn’t convicted of a crime. Therefore, he passed a background check to buy the Glock he used to kill 6 people and shoot Gabrielle Giffords in the head.

Major Nidal Malik Hasan was caught talking to a radical, anti-American cleric, but our intelligence agencies just shrugged that off. Later, he  passed a background check, bought a semi-automatic pistol and used it to murder people at Fort Hood.

James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist, but never spoke of any plans he had to hurt people, which would have legally required her to report it. Holmes passed a background check, bought weapons including a semi-automatic pistol, semi-automatic rifle and a shotgun and used his weapons to murder 12 people in an Aurora, Colorado theater.

We can go on and on with this, but the point is that there is no magic fix.

Want to reduce the size of high capacity magazines? Once you know your way around a gun, you can change out a magazine in less than 2 seconds. Furthermore, semi-automatic rifles, semi-automatic pistols and shotguns have all been used in mass killings. Banning one class of guns isn’t going to stop it. Additionally, as we discussed, banning all classes of guns wouldn’t end mass killings either. In Europe, where there already are the gun control laws liberals would love to implement, there are still gun massacres. One hundred thirty people were killed in a mass shooting with automatic weapons in France in 2015. Even if every gun on the planet magically disappeared tomorrow, the mass killings wouldn’t go away. In fact, the largest mass murders on American soil were committed with airplanes (9/11) and bombs (Oklahoma City). That seems especially noteworthy given that Paddock also had ammonium nitrate that could have been used to make a bomb. In 2016 in France, a man even killed 84 people by plowing through crowds with a truck. What, are we going to ban vehicles next? Get serious.

Once someone’s mind is set on murder, there is no simple fix.

So, how do you find the people bent on murder? Most of the time you don’t. Predicting which “moderate Muslim” will be radicalized and become a lone wolf killer is impossible. Predicting which mentally ill person will actually go around the bend and kill people isn’t doable. Some might be better bets to become violent than others, but the vast majority of people with mental illnesses don’t hurt anyone.

Maybe getting God back in our schools, pushing Christian values and working on changing our “all attention is good attention” social-media-driven society might help, but I doubt liberals would be on board with any of those things.

Long story short, gun control isn’t the fix for mass murders. If you want gun control so badly, move to the South Side of Chicago where it already exists and leave all of us law-abiding gun owners alone. 

Lol. Does this show up as one letter per line for everyone else? I hope so, that’s why I quoted it! Cunts!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

This may be racist.  Or, are you saying that large population areas with democrat leadership are maybe to blame?  Both?

Don't answer....I want you to be able to keep baking cakes.  :lol: 

No asshole, it's high concentration of blacks. Blacks are  the problem, not Muslims, not immigrants it's blacks... 

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I've never denied being a racist. Fuck you, polack! :bc:

Is it really racism when you recognize the facts of a societal problem because it’s in your face, plain as day?

Yeah...fuck it.  It’s all racist!  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Is it really racism when you recognize the facts of a societal problem because it’s in your face, plain as day?

Yeah...fuck it.  It’s all racist!  

Call it what you want. I grew up with white flight and racial tension. I've lived it. I don't blindly hate anybody despite what some of these faggots say but nobody wants to live around blacks. That's just the truth. 

23 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Gun-Homicides_Per_100000-People_web-01.png

Gee, those poor, dis-enfranchised Afro-American citizens, society has failed those poor nice people. Lousy America hasn't given them the proper opportunities for advancement. 

On 12/30/2017 at 2:40 PM, awful knawful said:

Oh wow look. A racist white mall cop! Imagine  that!!

Hey, I don't hate you because you're gay, I hate you because you're YOU!!!

On 12/29/2017 at 2:09 PM, Mainecat said:

And what stands out in every state on the list..... NO PERMIT REQUIRED!

Safety training must be a law in every state....period.

they are mostly suicides from people who dont want to end up like you . very misleading study.

soon I hope all states will follow Oregon. fuck they have been allowing assisted suicide for 20 yrs now .

that is deff the place I am retiring with a rock solid healthcare directive 

oh BTW mainecunt they may not need a permit but as you know EVERY ONE has to be run through the federal system   for any new or dealer sold fire arm no matter the state or county . it is the Brady bill . just more BS propaganda from CBS shocker 

Edited by Ez ryder

On 12/29/2017 at 5:17 PM, Mainecat said:

good god are you a hack . EVERY ONE has to pass federal background . and no safety training in the world is going to stop some one from killing them self or a guy with Mental illness from killing some one even if they cant get a guy . pretty sure the last few yrs of allahu akbar mass killing celebrations have shown you that 

On 12/29/2017 at 6:17 PM, Mainecat said:

Explain New England, dipshit.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:31 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Anecdotal at best. I’ve seen no study that links gun safety to a drop in gun violence. I don’t see how they’re remotely connected. It’s more a feel good measure. 

:lol:

• Thanks 1