Johnny Bower dead 93

Poncho

My father worked with Dave Keon's mother at Eaton's in Toronto.

We were invited to their home in '67 for a Stanley Cup party, and the whole Leaf team was there. Bower was my favourite player and I had the opportunity meet and have a lengthy conversion with him at the time. He gave me an autographed photo, and arranged to have the whole team sign a hockey stick for me. Even though I was eighteen at the time, I felt like a little kid.

I had that stick and photo on my wall for years, until some bast*rd stole it during a party.

That would sure be worth some coin now!~

yeah it was,  the ravine backed up to my back yard. he would often walk his grand kids along it. and sometimes his son would be with him.

don't know if anyone knows this or not, but johnny has a Christmas song he put out many yrs ago called honky honky the Christmas goose

Edited by toslow

12 hours ago, Bigfish said:

My father worked with Dave Keon's mother at Eaton's in Toronto.

We were invited to their home in '67 for a Stanley Cup party, and the whole Leaf team was there. Bower was my favourite player and I had the opportunity meet and have a lengthy conversion with him at the time. He gave me an autographed photo, and arranged to have the whole team sign a hockey stick for me. Even though I was eighteen at the time, I felt like a little kid.

I had that stick and photo on my wall for years, until some bast*rd stole it during a party.

That would sure be worth some coin now!~

That sucks, Bigfish. Do you still have the autographed photo? That would still be worth something but nothing like having that whole stick signed. His Rookie Card will likely increase in value/demand now. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1954-PARKHURST-65-JOHNNY-BOWER-ROOKIE-RC-PSA-8-NM-MT/142475342712?hash=item212c313378:g:PDgAAOSw74VZkI9v

Do you have any other memorabilia, John, or was that about it? I have a great pic, among some other stuff, of my Uncle Sam taken with Mickey Mantle and Dizzy Trout at the 1958 World Series.

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1597 (Large).JPG

IMG_1595 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv