RESORT / HOTEL /MOTEL suggestions

Taillight

I need a few suggestions for a place to stay just after new years. first week in Jan,  last min decision. resort with meal plan or restaurant close( 6 people - the wife is on strike) - sled trails close- close to ski hill. all with in 3 hrs of Toronto?  any one have suggestions. .. I tried the hali forest, but no one answers the phone

2 hours ago, Taillight said:

I need a few suggestions for a place to stay just after new years. first week in Jan,  last min decision. resort with meal plan or restaurant close( 6 people - the wife is on strike) - sled trails close- close to ski hill. all with in 3 hrs of Toronto?  any one have suggestions. .. I tried the hali forest, but no one answers the phone

There are some trails opening up around southern Georgian Bay. Reports are that depending on where you are there have been a fresh 1 to 3 feet of snow last night between Orillia and Penetang. C trail around Waubaushene minutes away are currently yellow. Horseshoe Valley Resort comes to mind as fitting the bill. Right at the ski hill, trails run around there and I believe they did have a connecting trail to the OFSC trails. Mount St. Louis Moonstone is minutes away if you want to change up the ski hills.

If you are looking for something slightly upscale there is Rawley Resort in Port Severn. It's right on the C trail. I don't know when the trail will be open, hopefully soon. They had a bit over 2 feet of snow last night. If their trails aren't ready due to water challenges which may be quickly overcome with the cold temps it is less than a 10 minute drive to Waubaushene and the currently yellow rail bed trails. It's a very short drive down the 400 to either Mount St. Louis Moonstone or Horseshoe Valley. I have ridden the sled to both of those places for lunch and it was all good. Ride a sled into Blue Mountain and you are looked at as lower than low.

Under 1.5 hours from 401 & 400

Edited by 02sled

5 hours ago, Taillight said:

Try them again. $99/per and it includes the trail pass. Cabins are decent, restaurant and gas right there and the trails should be decent. Bonus is if you want to stop at one of the warm up cabins .skiing is only a short drive from the forest

Edited by smokin george

15 minutes ago, Thinksno said:

Don't cheep out Aaron. Drive a few extra hours to lac st Ann Qc, club Meekos just north of Mount Laurier.  Great place for family and old lady. Close To Ski hills Including MT tremblant.  

I think that sounds like the best idea yet!

But for sure a wee bit more money.....a few QC trail passes & extra gas....but the fun & memories = priceless.

21 minutes ago, Thinksno said:

Don't cheep out Aaron. Drive a few extra hours to lac st Ann Qc, club Meekos just north of Mount Laurier.  Great place for family and old lady. Close To Ski hills Including MT tremblant.  

I have been to Quebec twice this year buying sleds. 6 people and a dog on short notice was to much. I got through to hali forest and got a cabin (dog friendly) for a weekend including trail passes. which is great because I didn't buy ofsc passes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taillight said:

I have been to Quebec twice this year buying sleds. 6 people and a dog on short notice was to much. I got through to hali forest and got a cabin (dog friendly) for a weekend including trail passes. which is great because I didn't buy ofsc passes

:dunno: Aren't you planing to stage a fair bit out the Orillia area this year...