Who has turkeys?

Snake

Yeah tons of those dumb bastards around here.  Was out washing the car in the driveway a couple years ago, a dozen or so of those sonsa bitchest come strutting up the drive and start chasing after me.  Garden hose made short work of them. :lol:  

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah tons of those dumb bastards around here.  Was out washing the car in the driveway a couple years ago, a dozen or so of those sonsa bitchest come strutting up the drive and start chasing after me.  Garden hose made short work of them. :lol:  

for some reason i would love to see a video of turkeys attacking woolie as he unleashes the hose on them.  Quite the battle i'd imagine :lol::bc: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got two groups of them that come here to get corn from the feeder.   This one is 13-14 . Some are back inside the tree like. They ate corn and then took a little rest to keep warn    The other one is 17   Last year I had 23 at one time 

IMG_20171214_094902692.thumb.jpg.16a2c1c57f1611715701108e28631a54.jpg

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The amount of turkey in northern Wi and the UP is nuts. They must be fuckng like rabbits the last few years.

Yup, I have bird feeders strung 12 feet off the ground, frick'in Turkey's are everywhere in my yard, my Vet says Dogs can die if they eat Turkey poop.

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, I have bird feeders strung 12 feet off the ground, frick'in Turkey's are everywhere in my yard, my Vet says Dogs can die if they eat Turkey poop.

I raise about a dozen turkeys a year for family/friends around Thanksgiving. Dogs love turkey shit, yumyums! Never had an issue .....

Them fuckin things are everywhere around me. i was almost taken off the bike a couple times this summer.  a local radio station (wror) was playing back calls to the cops about turkeys terrorizing pedestrians and motorists a couple weeks back,  what a riot. they are attacking moving cars here they are so brazen.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

I can't remember if the DNR introduced these back in the late 80's or not.

You guys lacking hawks, fox, and coyotes or what?  Here the numbers are down big time to where they were a couple of years ago.  I think the critters are getting to their egg nests and fucking them up before they're ever hatched, especially the crows.  Crows everywhere around here.  

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The amount of turkey in northern Wi and the UP is nuts. They must be fuckng like rabbits the last few years.

They are over by me too. My FIL used to hunt and trap all over the south side before it was developed. About 10 years ago I was driving past the forest preserve near my house and I saw turkeys. I had to stop and do a double take, sure enough. I told my FIL about it and he thought I was crazy. About a week later he saw them. 

Everything is making a comeback here. Growing up we never saw Hawks, coyotes, foxes... Especially living in the city and suburbs. Fuck now we see them all the time. The Hawks are practically a nuisance now. We even saw a bald eagle flying overhead while we were sitting on my patio. And as of recently.... Cougar sittings. Chicago cops killed one several years ago and they have been randomly seen around. The dnr is definitely keeping that on the down low. We had a sitting near our house and when the neighbor called the DNR to report it they were reluctant to acknowledge it but they did admit they know there is one just south of us in one of the nature preserves. Years ago all of these species were all hunted to near extinction by local farmers but now they are protected and thriving. 

38 minutes ago, hayward said:

You guys lacking hawks, fox, and coyotes or what?  Here the numbers are down big time to where they were a couple of years ago.  I think the critters are getting to their egg nests and fucking them up before they're ever hatched, especially the crows.  Crows everywhere around here.  

I don't think foxes and coyotes lay eggs but I could be wrong... :lol::bc:

• Haha 1

Kill as many predators as you can. Coyotes are bastards, and will wipe-out all your game animals. Don't believe the animal rights activists that say the more you hunt coyotes, the more litters they will have....................it's all bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kill the alpha males and females and it takes them a long time to re-build a coyote pack in the area. That gives the game animals a chance to replenish. Fuckin' hawks and owls are protected, so you can't do much about them bastards, but they do a number on pheasants, grouse, turkeys and rabbits.

Raccoons, fisher, and possums, also do a number on the rabbits and turkeys.  KILL THEM ALL !!!!  

Trapping is the best way to get these predators................the traps work 24/7. 

Shooting them is great, but trapping is very effective. You should see how many animals expert/professional trappers get!!

3 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I raise about a dozen turkeys a year for family/friends around Thanksgiving. Dogs love turkey shit, yumyums! Never had an issue .....

I lost 1 dog about 4 years ago and the bar owner down the road lost 1 of his dogs, the lab tests done on their Livers showed it was Turkey poop which caused both deaths, so I don't know what to believe.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I can't remember if the DNR introduced these back in the late 80's or not.

I have an old Birds of Wisconsin book, Turkeys were only in 2 places when the book was released, Central Wisconsin and Walworth County had a few Turkeys.

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

They are over by me too. My FIL used to hunt and trap all over the south side before it was developed. About 10 years ago I was driving past the forest preserve near my house and I saw turkeys. I had to stop and do a double take, sure enough. I told my FIL about it and he thought I was crazy. About a week later he saw them. 

Everything is making a comeback here. Growing up we never saw Hawks, coyotes, foxes... Especially living in the city and suburbs. Fuck now we see them all the time. The Hawks are practically a nuisance now. We even saw a bald eagle flying overhead while we were sitting on my patio. And as of recently.... Cougar sittings. Chicago cops killed one several years ago and they have been randomly seen around. The dnr is definitely keeping that on the down low. We had a sitting near our house and when the neighbor called the DNR to report it they were reluctant to acknowledge it but they did admit they know there is one just south of us in one of the nature preserves. Years ago all of these species were all hunted to near extinction by local farmers but now they are protected and thriving. 

I hate that the DNR tries to lie about some of this shit.