No shame. Zero shame.

Snake

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's some sad shit.

Neal

Conservative politicians do not care about abortion. They do however know many americans do, and as such pander to that demographic. It is their way of insuring anyone that wants abortion outlawed will have a hard time voting for the dems and most likely will never vote dem. If they ever said they do not give a fuck, which is the truth of the matter, then those one issue voters may bother to vote based on more relevant policy and could very well find their interests align much closer to the dem party. So, it is not as it seems, they would rather be viewed as idiots than lose the guaranteed votes of the fundamentalist christians. nothing in politics is done for the good of people, it is all done to retain power at any cost and to appease the big money donor. This is why,  those whom are otherwise very intelligent people, make such stupid decisions.

8 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Conservative politicians do not care about abortion. They do however know many americans do, and as such pander to that demographic. It is their way of insuring anyone that wants abortion outlawed will have a hard time voting for the dems and most likely will never vote dem. If they ever said they do not give a fuck, which is the truth of the matter, then those one issue voters may bother to vote based on more relevant policy and could very well find their interests align much closer to the dem party. So, it is not as it seems, they would rather be viewed as idiots than lose the guaranteed votes of the fundamentalist christians. nothing in politics is done for the good of people, it is all done to retain power at any cost and to appease the big money donor. This is why,  those whom are otherwise very intelligent people, make such stupid decisions.

Indeed.  :bc:

Neal

Like the left side of the Roe vs Wade voting block is any different. 

That would be possible to believe with a different Vice President. 

I’m sure the Donald believes in abortion.  That rotten fuck would probably perform it himself on an inconvenient pregnancy. 

23 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Like the left side of the Roe vs Wade voting block is any different. 

Actually yes. I think the Dems believe in a Woman’s right to choose. 

But you are a strange backwards country. 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Actually yes. I think the Dems believe in a Woman’s right to choose. 

But you are a strange backwards country. 

I am not against abortion but that is not to say I am for a free for all either. I think experimentation on aborted fetuses is a slippery slope. As we we're shown with the planned Parenthood scandal how quickly the handleing of human tissue becomes perverted.

I think there is a line between a woman's right to choose and an unborn child's right to live that is not currently defined sufficiently.

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am not against abortion but that is not to say I am for a free for all either. I think experimentation on aborted fetuses is a slippery slope. As we we're shown with the planned Parenthood scandal how quickly the handleing of human tissue becomes perverted.

I think there is a line between a woman's right to choose and an unborn child's right to live that is not currently defined sufficiently.

What about stem cell research? The US fell behind the rest of the world in the 2,000's when most of the research was going on outside the US>

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What about stem cell research? The US fell behind the rest of the world in the 2,000's when most of the research was going on outside the US>

I find stem cell research to be one of the spots where science asks if can do something rather than should it do something. I understand the potential for improvement in medicine due to the research but I think the down side is great as well. 

29 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I find stem cell research to be one of the spots where science asks if can do something rather than should it do something. I understand the potential for improvement in medicine due to the research but I think the down side is great as well. 

What are the cons to stem cell research?

Other than the ethical concerns about using embryos.?

38 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

What are the downsides?

Neal

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

What are the cons to stem cell research?

Other than the ethical concerns about using embryos.?

If I read into it right any cure to say Alzheimer's for instance would take quite a bit of genetic material to accomplish let alone the amount  needed to produce a end product or cure. So let's say it is 100k to treat a single case of the disease and 20 embryos is it worth it? Let's say that for 1million dollars and 50 embryos they come up with a way to slow the aging process are you still ok with it?

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Dumb shit Carlos falls into the propaganda driven vids that have been proven false.  Typical unedicat3d stupid fuck who votes R.

Bone marrow and even umbilical cord blood harvest of stem cells I am not against but a line should be drawn. 

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

If I read into it right any cure to say Alzheimer's for instance would take quite a bit of genetic material to accomplish let alone the amount  needed to produce a end product or cure. So let's say it is 100k to treat a single case of the disease and 20 embryos is it worth it? Let's say that for 1million dollars and 50 embryos they come up with a way to slow the aging process are you still ok with it?

So as long as something far fetched and illogical doesn't happen then you are ok with it.

Those numbers actually make it less viable. If instead only a certain blood type could cause a cure for cancer and you could make millions of dollars from one embryo, then I could see a possible issue. 

Back on the abortion topic I'm surprised to find that the US really is a religious backwater

The best the pro rights people have hit is 60% in favour.  I think you are around 55 now.

In Canada we are in the low 90's   In fact we are so pro-abortion that 48% are in favour of abortions up to 3rd trimester. 45% say whenever a woman wants it.  Basically giving women to do whatever they want right until birth.  One around 7% against.  I love how much freedom Canadians have.

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

So as long as something far fetched and illogical doesn't happen then you are ok with it.

Those numbers actually make it less viable. If instead only a certain blood type could cause a cure for cancer and you could make millions of dollars from one embryo, then I could see a possible issue. 

Back on the abortion topic I'm surprised to find that the US really is a religious backwater

The best the pro rights people have hit is 60% in favour.  I think you are around 55 now.

In Canada we are in the low 90's   In fact we are so pro-abortion that 48% are in favour of abortions up to 3rd trimester. 45% say whenever a woman wants it.  Basically giving women to do whatever they want right until birth.  One around 7% against.  I love how much freedom Canadians have.

Who did that poll where 45% of canadians say abortion at 40 weeks is ok? You are a liar and an asshole.

13 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Typical liberal, lies and then no source. 

LOL The National Post.  The 5th site on a search using the words "canadian thoughts on abortion" stupid fucker. 

Try looking places other than Breitbart and the Rebel for info.

Here it is completely spoon fed to you. 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/new-poll-shows-most-canadians-support-abortion-with-some-restrictions

Do you need me to copy and paste the bar charts or are you capable of clicking?

Edited by revkevsdi

21 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Like I needed another reason to hate Canada.

22 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If most Canadians are like you that’s no surprise ,