HD lithium jump starters

Puzzleboy

Anybody look at or buy any of the HD ones?  They're not "cigarette pack" sized, but still quite compact for their capability. 

Looking at a Noco GB150.  4000a, rated to start 10.0L engines +.  Seems like it could boost just about anything. 

I have something similar (portable) and packs a punch that I bought off WildBill.  Will look up the specs next time up north.  Haven't needed to use it it its supposed to a near dead 250/2500 truck.  This one a bit better though.

Looking for something to boost the Elite, just in case? 

Ya never know! :)  My rationale is it might as well start everything.  Many of them are toys which struggle with a Hyundai.  I want one that can start the boat, or anything else really. 

A buddy had to hook two of them up to boost his SUV this summer.  Fuck that...

I would bet the GB150 would be good. I have the GB40 which for what I have is good enough....it started my 10 hp Penguin just fine!  Although it did surprise me this summer in Collingwood when my buddy over primed his extremely rare Piper Comanche 400. His battery died during a hot start. After I unprimed it by hand propping it, I tried the jump starter.....too my surprise, it cranked and fired up....that airplane has an 8 cylinder 720 cubic inch 400 hp Lycoming. Second blade it caught.....pretty cool. I never travel without that thing.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have a Micro Start PPS which is probably out dated now but its all I've ever needed. It has started cars, bikes and sleds. In Gravenhurst on a -30 morning it started 3 sleds in a row. We use it all the time for recharging cell phones, our Ipad and laptop while travelling.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have a Micro Start PPS which is probably out dated now but its all I've ever needed. It has started cars, bikes and sleds. In Gravenhurst on a -30 morning it started 3 sleds in a row. We use it all the time for recharging cell phones, our Ipad and laptop while travelling.

X2 on the Antigravity brand of mini booster packs.  I have a  Microstart XP-1 and it has worked on everything from a dead ATV to a V10 Triton powered MH with a battery that was flatter than piss on a plate. By comparison my buddy bought a similar sized and looking unit from Crappy Tire and it was absolute garbage.  I believe the largest one Antigravity makes is called the XP10. I know that unit will bring a stone dead Cummins diesel to life in -20 temps.  

• Like 1

With only 650 amps peak, that XP-10 seems a bit on the lower end.  They do claim it will start a 7.3L diesel, but I'm guessing that's at 100% charge. 

Nice and compact certainly, and just over a pound.  And around $80 USD cheaper than the biggest Noco.  ($198 USD v.s. $280 usd, Ebay).

Interesting little unit. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Never heard of them, but their XL3 seems pretty good.  Same money as the Microstart, but much higher peak amperage (1000).  High capacity, too. 

One powerful little bugger, And under a pound.   10.0 L jumpstart claimed. 

Hmmmmmm....

XL3 pic.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy