Who likes Guinness?

Dave

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

that shit is nasty:puke:

I like it but the stuff they make in Ireland and serve in Ireland is a bit different than the stuff they send over here. And the Guinness you buy in Ireland is AMAZING! 

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

You shut your damn mouth. That's the nectar of the Gods.:guzzle:

It's not bad, but it's definitely a dark beer for pussies who can't handle real beer :burp: Founders Breakfast Stout, now THAT is a nectar of the Gods.

5 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

that shit is nasty:puke:

:lies:

You shut your damn mouth. That's the nectar of the Gods.:guzzle:

:goodpost:

:true:

:iagree:

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I like it but the stuff they make in Ireland and serve in Ireland is a bit different than the stuff they send over here. And the Guinness you buy in Ireland is AMAZING! 

Yes it is!!! :bc:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

My parents had a place in county Mayo so I do know what you are saying. Elephant &Castle on Adams comes close. The best on draft Ive had state side. I do a lot of work down there and every time I go in there, they taste fantastic. Was told by the bartender, that they go through so much of it, the kegs are always fresh. They also have the co2 pressure set right,so it isn't half foam.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My parents had a place in county Mayo so I do know what you are saying. Elephant &Castle on Adams comes close. The best on draft Ive had state side. I do a lot of work down there and every time I go in there, they taste fantastic. Was told by the bartender, that they go through so much of it, the kegs are always fresh. They also have the co2 pressure set right,so it isn't half foam.

That's a beautiful area. :bc:

• Like 1

I have never visited Ireland. Is it true what they say about the Irish drinking, or is it just one of those untrue stereotypes? I have known a few Irish drunks over  the years, but also drunks from all over the globe, so I think they may not drink as much as many other nations per capita.

6 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I have never visited Ireland. Is it true what they say about the Irish drinking, or is it just one of those untrue stereotypes? I have known a few Irish drunks over  the years, but also drunks from all over the globe, so I think they may not drink as much as many other nations per capita.

There's some truth to it. 

I saw an old Irish guy stumble out of a bar at about 3 PM and a cop was waiting to take him home. The old guy didn't want a ride at first but eventually gave in. :lol:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

They have good sandwiches there too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I think they drink more in Germany,but there are a shit load of pubs in Ireland.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I think they drink more in Germany,but there are a shit load of pubs in Ireland.

The Irish are fucking drunks. Alcoholism is Irish culture. They make good whiskey and some good beers but not close to the brewing skills of the Germans. German wine sucks tho, too sweet. 

9 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

The Irish are fucking drunks. Alcoholism is Irish culture. They make good whiskey and some good beers but not close to the brewing skills of the Germans. German wine sucks tho, too sweet. 

Being born in Dublin Ireland I should resent that remark,,,, but meh,, fook it ,ya don't know nootin. I'll just have a few beers after work and laugh aboot it:lmao:

Edited by HSR
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

They all hit the pubs after work.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Used to really like Guinness but prefer a Black and Tan made with Bass Pale Ale.:thumbsup:

Love Guinness...but its got a gazillion calories.... ain't nobody got time for that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Take some PBR. Blend in some dog shit. Presto Guiness!

Don't you EVER talk about PBR that way again sir. :justcuz:

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Used to really like Guinness but prefer a Black and Tan made with Bass Pale Ale.:thumbsup:

I like those beers but I swear if you just look you can find a better representation of the same beers style made within 3-4 hours of your house and keep your money in the local economy.

Way too many bars don't understand this. The spout Guinness comes out of on draught looks different for a reason, it's called a "nitro" beer in craft beer circles. The general idea is that these beers are force nitrogenated instead of force carbonated. This leads to a significantly different texture to the liquid, aka mouthfeel, due to differently sized bubbles being created by nitrogen compared to Co2.

• Like 1