Live PD

Do any of you guys watch it? Seems to me 90% of the time these cops smell pot. Does everyone in the US drive around smoking weed? Pull over a guy for a tail light, sure enough I smell weed, in the cuffs, PC search, finds a joint in the guys ass. Seriously, one guy a joint in his ass, and the cop removed it for evidence. The idiots on this show never cease to amaze. Lots of the cops that "smell" weed never find anything, so I think that is the work around to trample rights and search every car they stop. Land of the free once again proves it is a police state run by fascists.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Muskoka Rider said:

Do any of you guys watch it? Seems to me 90% of the time these cops smell pot. Does everyone in the US drive around smoking weed? Pull over a guy for a tail light, sure enough I smell weed, in the cuffs, PC search, finds a joint in the guys ass. Seriously, one guy a joint in his ass, and the cop removed it for evidence. The idiots on this show never cease to amaze. Lots of the cops that "smell" weed never find anything, so I think that is the work around to trample rights and search every car they stop. Land of the free once again proves it is a police state run by fascists.

yes

:stoned:

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

What, you just realized this? Fucking every time I get stopped they're just looking for a reason to search my car. "I pulled you over because the license plate frame is blocking where it says Garden State"  earlier this year driving home from work around midnight on Sunday from an asshole looking to nail my sober ass with a DUI. The license plate frame is the stupid plastic POS from the dealership, everyone has them and no one ever gets pulled over for it...  Then a few months later,  "I pulled you over because you were ashing your cigarette out the window." from some douche nozzle trying to nail me for weed on my way home from buying some beer. Man do those fuckers start apologizing quick when you hand them a PBA card :lol:"Oh no, I'm so sorry I was trying to fuck with you for doing wrong now that I know your uncle is a retire cop." I just want to be like, "You know it's an equally dick move to do this to twenty-somethings who aren't related to police officers, right?" Both times I smiled instead, and then waved and felt awkward knowing I had weed in my car and I had just used my privilege to get away with it. 

59 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

What, you just realized this? Fucking every time I get stopped they're just looking for a reason to search my car. "I pulled you over because the license plate frame is blocking where it says Garden State"  earlier this year driving home from work around midnight on Sunday from an asshole looking to nail my sober ass with a DUI. The license plate frame is the stupid plastic POS from the dealership, everyone has them and no one ever gets pulled over for it...  Then a few months later,  "I pulled you over because you were ashing your cigarette out the window." from some douche nozzle trying to nail me for weed on my way home from buying some beer. Man do those fuckers start apologizing quick when you hand them a PBA card :lol:"Oh no, I'm so sorry I was trying to fuck with you for doing wrong now that I know your uncle is a retire cop." I just want to be like, "You know it's an equally dick move to do this to twenty-somethings who aren't related to police officers, right?" Both times I smiled instead, and then waved and felt awkward knowing I had weed in my car and I had just used my privilege to get away with it. 

Well that does not happen in Canada. I have never had my vehicle searched by police during a stop. They never showed any interest, and I have never been stopped for anything I did not do. So ya, watching cops from multiple cities and states across the US all trying to search every person and vehicle they stop is kinda odd to me. It is a giant fishing expo. If they find something they simply say they announced they smelled it, if they do not the person is sent away after being cuffed and treated like a criminal and any complaints I am sure fall on deaf ears. i also find it odd at the number of people so willing to consent to a search even when the police have no grounds, they still ask them all. Well not all, I saw a cop let off a 96 year old lady that was more of a hazard on the road than a drunk, no questions asked, just told to be careful. I bet she could not even see over the hood.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Rider said:

I just looked up PBA cards, never heard of them, seems they are a Jersey thing so cops can let off friends and family for minor stops. glad you have one, saved you from a bullshit hassle for sure.

It's really weird because it begs the question: "Why are you treating strangers who aren't related to cops worse than strangers who are related to cops?" Shit, I've got a second one because a regular customer at the bar I work at likes talking politics with me... How does that make me deserve a speeding ticket less than a bartender who nicely discusses politics with someone who isn't a retired cop? And if you're an immediate family member you can get a "gold card" PBA card that's metal, never expires, and makes you pretty much immune to tickets and searches anywhere in NJ.

20 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

It's really weird because it begs the question: "Why are you treating strangers who aren't related to cops worse than strangers who are related to cops?" Shit, I've got a second one because a regular customer at the bar I work at likes talking politics with me... How does that make me deserve a speeding ticket less than a bartender who nicely discusses politics with someone who isn't a retired cop? And if you're an immediate family member you can get a "gold card" PBA card that's metal, never expires, and makes you pretty much immune to tickets and searches anywhere in NJ.

It is fucked up and corrupt. but............use it for all its worth.

4 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

They can say whatever they want and ask to search the car. If you refuse they call in a dog and if he signals for drugs (which he most definitely will) they can then search your car. Happened to me once about 24 years ago. They found a beer cap under the passenger seat and some rolling papers in the glovebox. Ripped the car apart. They were fucking pissed that they couldn't find anything. I asked if they were going to put everything back where they found it and I swear I almost caught a flashlight to the face. If I would have said one more word I'm pretty sure me and my buddy would have gotten stomped. 

And before anyone asks why I was stopped and searched we were working the night shift and driving home at 4am. Both of us had long hair so I guess 2 long hairs at 4 am means bad news. Wasn't speeding or anything. Didn't even ask if I knew why he stopped me. Took about 45-50 minutes for all of that bullshit just to have to let us go. Beat off bootlickers. 

6 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

It is fucked up and corrupt. but............use it for all its worth.

I learned that lesson the hard way. When I was 20 and too much of a pussy to pull it out after a cop said they smelled weed I got arrested for 1gram and paraphernalia. Turned out the cop was friends with my cousin whose father gave me the fucking PBA card... If I'd pulled it out he wouldn't have searched the car. Definitely learned to ignore my moral objection to the PBA card system and give it with my license, registration, and insurance every single time I get pulled over. 

The cop was definitely a scumbag though, tried to sweet talk me into snitching on local dealers while offering a shittier deal than my lawyer had already assured me he could get for me :lol:It felt real good telling him to take that deal and shove it, and it's still awkward as fuck for him when we run into each other in public.

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I learned that lesson the hard way. When I was 20 and too much of a pussy to pull it out after a cop said they smelled weed I got arrested for 1gram and paraphernalia. Turned out the cop was friends with my cousin whose father gave me the fucking PBA card... If I'd pulled it out he wouldn't have searched the car. Definitely learned to ignore my moral objection to the PBA card system and give it with my license, registration, and insurance every single time I get pulled over. 

The cop was definitely a scumbag though, tried to sweet talk me into snitching on local dealers while offering a shittier deal than my lawyer had already assured me he could get for me :lol:It felt real good telling him to take that deal and shove it, and it's still awkward as fuck for him when we run into each other in public.

lawyer for a pot tix? really

fuck diversion 2 yrs no same or similar pay the fine and in 2yrs off the recorded. the hearing officer would have given you that in 5 min the day of your hearing . you were raped 2 times it sounds like to me .

Some people just ask for it.

I remember getting into people's cars and they have roach clips hanging from the rearview mirror.  Dancing bears or any kind of dead sticker is probably going to get you  pulled. 

54 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lawyer for a pot tix? really

fuck diversion 2 yrs no same or similar pay the fine and in 2yrs off the recorded. the hearing officer would have given you that in 5 min the day of your hearing . you were raped 2 times it sounds like to me .

Nah, I got arrested in a notoriously shitty town and they threw the book at me. We took advice from 5 retired officers we're related to and 2 family friends who are still on the force before taking action. 2 of the retired officers retired young to get law degrees too. This is how upper-middle class NJ works, it's pay to play with the cops. Either you can afford a lawyer to get you off or they fuck you for being poor. 

I live within 5 minutes of 5 towns full of 1%ers and 3 minutes from a dead industrial city full of equally as many poor minorities. And both groups act like assholes from NJ/NYC because you can't get by without a thick skin and a decent comeback game unless you isolate into your own ethnic group. It definitely creates an interesting dynamic.

Edited by Wildboer

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Some people just ask for it.

I remember getting into people's cars and they have roach clips hanging from the rearview mirror.  Dancing bears or any kind of dead sticker is probably going to get you  pulled. 

When I was 16, had an ass gas or grass nobody rides for free decal on the window...cops never offered me any weed.

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Nah, I got arrested in a notoriously shitty town and they threw the book at me. We took advice from 5 retired officers we're related to and 2 family friends who are still on the force before taking action. 2 of the retired officers retired young to get law degrees too. This is how upper-middle class NJ works, it's pay to play with the cops. Either you can afford a lawyer to get you off or they fuck you for being poor. 

the judge is a lawyer, the da is a lawyer, and when you pay a lawyer you have given to the cause already. That in itself counts for a ton of good faith from the court and da. The more you pay, the better you are treated. They tend not to fuck with those that have means to defend themselves and get their conviction rate up with low hanging fruit, and like you said, those are the poor and not very bright people that are happy they got a deal dropping three of the six trumped up charges to plead guilty to the other three.

8 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

When I was 16, had an ass gas or grass nobody rides for free decal on the window...cops never offered me any weed.

I never advertised .  When I was young, buddy had a pot leaf hat.  Cop comes up to him and says you know I can search you because of that hat.

10 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

the judge is a lawyer, the da is a lawyer, and when you pay a lawyer you have given to the cause already. That in itself counts for a ton of good faith from the court and da. The more you pay, the better you are treated. They tend not to fuck with those that have means to defend themselves and get their conviction rate up with low hanging fruit, and like you said, those are the poor and not very bright people that are happy they got a deal dropping three of the six trumped up charges to plead guilty to the other three.

Yep, and we knew that and discussed it as a family as we went through the process. As I said in another thread the other day, my mom is not somebody to be fucked with. She buckled down, figured out the quickest way to get my record expunged, made some calls, set up a payment plan for me to pay off the legal fees so I'd still learn the lesson.

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Yep, and we knew that and discussed it as a family as we went through the process. As I said in another thread the other day, my mom is not somebody to be fucked with. She buckled down, figured out the quickest way to get my record expunged, made some calls, set up a payment plan for me to pay off the legal fees so I'd still learn the lesson.

These thing always go better when your family is behind you. Never forget that, you are a very lucky young man. Many would have parents turn their back and make it worse.

• Like 1

we are talking less than a oz here right ? I have not seen any one in the last 15 yrs get more than diversion . if NJ is that fucked up you can have it and if you stay you are fucked in the head.

I got screwed In  Venango County, Pennsylvania 25 or so yrs ago for a few seeds and a stem in the carpet of our van. but when they finely let us go to court 30 days latter  I talked my way in to no  fine time served with no drug offences in 6mo and it would not go on record.

in MN I have never been tix for pot and I have been told to at least try to hide it when smoking and been caught and have had the cops  take the bag say hmm looks like good stuff now get out of here . most cops don't want to bother  with the paperwork  for pot especially small amounts .

I try not to carry  more than I can use in that night if it can be helped . now some times I have to roll heavy but I usually just try to have it delivered

27 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

These thing always go better when your family is behind you. Never forget that, you are a very lucky young man. Many would have parents turn their back and make it worse.

The value of having a family like I have has never been lost on me. My family is deeply conservative and they've never written off their leftist family members like my parents and I. That and this place taught me politics is bullshit, take the time to learn what's in someone's heart before you judge them.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

we are talking less than a oz here right ? I have not seen any one in the last 15 yrs get more than diversion . if NJ is that fucked up you can have it and if you stay you are fucked in the head.

I got screwed In  Venango County, Pennsylvania 25 or so yrs ago for a few seeds and a stem in the carpet of our van. but when they finely let us go to court 30 days latter  I talked my way in to no  fine time served with no drug offences in 6mo and it would not go on record.

in MN I have never been tix for pot and I have been told to at least try to hide it when smoking and been caught and have had the cops  take the bag say hmm looks like good stuff now get out of here . most cops don't want to bother  with the paperwork  for pot especially small amounts .

I try not to carry  more than I can use in that night if it can be helped . now some times I have to roll heavy but I usually just try to have it delivered

You know what, maybe we didn't need the lawyer, but I was a total screw up back then and I cooperated with my parents who both have good careers and can easily afford a lawyer. Idk how I'd handle it now, but I trusted my parents and knew I was an idiot kid in over my head back then so I just did what they told me. For a lying fuck up I was a pretty good son :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Just nailed the American Justice System to a T. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I live within 5 minutes of 5 towns full of 1%ers and 3 minutes from a dead industrial city full of equally as many poor minorities. And both groups act like assholes from NJ/NYC because you can't get by without a thick skin and a decent comeback game unless you isolate into your own ethnic group. It definitely creates an interesting dynamic.

9 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

It’s just a make work project. Spend time in any court and you can see it’s the most inefficient system going.  Designed as a make work project for cops, lawyers, judges and all the support staff.  Our crime rate keeps dropping yet our courts are always have a backlog.