5 years ago...

Anler

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My 900 was an 05, loved the cg and the DD.

I miled up 2 DD sleds. Never had an issue. Changed the oil once a year and good to go. :dunno: 

• Like 2

I did the BD bearing up grade back in 09 I think. The sled has well over 10k on it now. I know of an 06 that has 18k on it. My 06 will be ridden till she explodes. It still hangs with all of the new bold new graphics sleds.:hi:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

She is getting tired but is still running. I must have got lucky and got a good one?:finger::lol:I'm going to do another bearing change this season because of the miles.:pc:

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

How hard is that to do...keep in mind that I’m a bit of a moron. :lol:

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's about two hours. Just remember to wire tie the wires for the speedo behind the secondary. It's the reason why my speedo hasn't worked for many years. The good news is the clicker only has 5k on it.:ashamed:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

She is getting tired but is still running. I must have got lucky and got a good one?:finger::lol:I'm going to do another bearing change this season because of the miles.:pc:

IMG_3381.JPG

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

they are not hard unless you have a reverse Dd those you can not be high before you start to many parts 

always check the little gears on the 5 pinion and if loose get a new one that 5 pinion is the week point for sure .

15 hours ago, Kev144 said:

First year DD was awful.  Grenaded in 500 miles in my buddies 900 Zr. 04 I think.  

Yup, I had an 03 ZR900, and I guy we met at the 600 ft. race track had just bought an 04 ZR900 and was itching to race. He came over and asked me if I wanted to race, so I said sure, why not.

I actually felt so sorry for that guy that after the first race I just stayed about a ski length ahead of him, using about 3/4 throttle for the next half dozen times he wanted to race. He just wouldn,t quit trying but it wasn,t pretty.

Of course, having all his non cat buddies watching didn,t help either. LOL