5 years ago...

Anler

I met and rode with the cornfield lummox for the first time. I think this was my very first ride on the first 800 etec. Of course it performed flawlessly and did not get passed by any orange F7... :news:

No automatic alt text available.

23 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That chrome windshield is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. He should have his Madcatter card revoked.

Its even gayer than that, that sled has DIAMOND DRIVE! Thats the gayest thing since gerbil tubes...

8 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its even gayer than that, that sled has DIAMOND DRIVE! Thats the gayest thing since gerbil tubes...

DD was touted as a great step forward by cat loyal only to last a few years and headaches to go back to chain :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

DD was touted as a great step forward by cat loyal only to last a few years and headaches to go back to chain :lol: 

In a deep snow sled it was a good thing to keep all the mass low. I was no fan of the o7 to 09 but the non reverse early DD was pretty stout and the 10 to 11 was pretty much the same as the early dd. the 5 pinion gear brass shims were the week point .

I loved changing tracks on DD sleds I could swap tracks on a DD sled by my self in less than a hr

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The DD itself was a great idea......it was cats inability to clutch for it that was the undoing. They simply could not think outside the box at all...typical cat garbage

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

In a deep snow sled it was a good thing to keep all the mass low. I was no fan of the o7 to 09 but the non reverse early DD was pretty stout and the 10 to 11 was pretty much the same as the early dd. the 5 pinion gear brass shims were the week point .

I loved changing tracks on DD sleds I could swap tracks on a DD sled by my self in less than a hr

Yup .....same here....loved wrenching the DD sleds. I could change an m7 motor in under 2 hours....track swaps in under an hour

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

First year DD was awful.  Grenaded in 500 miles in my buddies 900 Zr. 04 I think.  

Just now, Kev144 said:

First year DD was awful.  Grenaded in 500 miles in my buddies 900 Zr. 04 I think.  

was no diff than the 06. he just got a bad one .

when they went they went big . if you checked your oil 2 times a yr for brass shavings you would catch it before the 5 pinion blew hard .

deff not as fast as a chain case that is why all the drag guys ordered f6 with reverse or a saber cat

it really did keep the mass low and was 1 reason the M ruled the hills for 7 yrs

Just now, Ez ryder said:

true that is why the racers would buy f6/7 with reverse or the saber cat

Yep. Had a 06 f7-r (chaincase with reverse). It was fast. Did 119 on the gun on puslinch Lake (Ontario guys will know it)

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

was no diff than the 06. he just got a bad one .

when they went they went big . if you checked your oil 2 times a yr for brass shavings you would catch it before the 5 pinion blew hard .

deff not as fast as a chain case that is why all the drag guys ordered f6 with reverse or a saber cat

it really did keep the mass low and was 1 reason the M ruled the hills for 7 yrs

Brass in the DD's was a mechanical reverse case issue....I think you dont know what the fuck you are babbling about again :lol: 

The brass planetary gear was the issue ...not any pinion 

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Brass in the DD's was a mechanical reverse case issue....I think you dont know what the fuck you are babbling about again :lol: 

not true all the 5 pinion had brass shims on each side of the 5 small gears on the planetary . when those went to shit the gear would shift side to side more and then fail . the BDX lite pinion used something else and lasted.

I prob still have a few old DD in the shop if you would like me to fins a 2011  5 pinion . I always rand a bdx lite on my own shit    

Edited by Ez ryder

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

oh also racinstation was doing 5 pinion brass shim upgrades to steel shims from brass . he sold the shit out of them on that exchange program

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

My 900 was an 05, loved the cg and the DD.