Snowmobile topic on a snowmobile website?

9 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'm curious to hear you're report on it compared to the sks :bc: 

2 biggest things that jumped out right away were how much better the bars were, and how the skids were different.  The SKS stayed flat and got up on top of the snow really easily, but the Assault rocks right back on the rails and lifts the skis at will in comparison.  I want to put some miles on before I give too much of an opinion. :bc:  

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I thought she already had a 1200, no?  Me, bro, skinny ginger, perm and silverbacks are headed north tomorrow afternoon.  Hopefully find some unplowed logging roads to play on :bc: 

She does, she wants a new sled. Have fun....

Edited by T1R9sledder
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Things are starting to shape up up north. A few buds were going up tomorrow and have changed plans to Monday. Next week should be good to go in the western UP.:bc:

Monday :bc:

17 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

1200 MXZ TNT............she doesn't want a 137

Why not? 

16 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

has she ridden a 900,  perm and silverbacks both prefer the 900's.  I think Silverbacks has owned a dozen of them at this point as he usually has one for his family ride sled along with one for his wife and one for his son.  the tnt is now a 129 right,  that should be a good chocie for a straight trail machine.  

Yep 129" XS platform

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I freaking love those stealthy colors.  I hate all the splashy green, yellow and red shit.  

did you just say something nice about a polaris??:yikes:

17 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

has she ridden a 900,  perm and silverbacks both prefer the 900's.  I think Silverbacks has owned a dozen of them at this point as he usually has one for his family ride sled along with one for his wife and one for his son.  the tnt is now a 129 right,  that should be a good chocie for a straight trail machine.  

She has not rode on a 900. Heart is set on the 1200.

24 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Why not? 

Yep 129" XS platform

She likes the the shorter track. The 129 is a good compromise between the 137 and 121. My sled is a 129 and I like it.

23 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

She has not rode on a 900. Heart is set on the 1200.

She likes the the shorter track. The 129 is a good compromise between the 137 and 121. My sled is a 129 and I like it.

137" is great for trail riding. Since you're staying in the XS platform, you should check out the Blizzard vs TNT and compare the 2.  You might be able to find a leftover '17 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

137" is great from trail riding. Since you're staying in the XS platform, you should check out the Blizzard vs TNT and compare the 2.  You might be able to find a leftover '17 

The difference is the track and skis as far as I know. My sled is a Blizzard.

14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I don't know doos packages but I don't think they are any different than the x package? 

X shocks are more agressive than the Blizzards and TNT.  I'm not 100% sure but I think the Blizzard shocks are a little better than the TNTs. But they could be the same.  Both are definitely better than the Sports. Sports are throw aways after a couple of seasons 

18 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

They may be the same as the x package too. The x package doesn't have adjustable shocks on the g4. Stupid.

yup it's kinda amazing to me how the X shocks package is now what the TNT had in 2009 except the rear shock.  I'm not going to pound it like a snowcrosser but with my fat ass I like some adjustability and volume.  first they dropped the compressions adjusters on the XP and now the rebound adjusters on the G4 X sleds while the competition shocks get better and better.  

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup it's kinda amazing to me how the X shocks package is now what the TNT had in 2009 except the rear shock.  I'm not going to pound it like a snowcrosser but with my fat ass I like some adjustability and volume.  first they dropped the compressions adjusters on the XP and now the rebound adjusters on the G4 X sleds while the competition shocks get better and better.  

Yeah and they are still among the most expensive sleds you can buy. Im thinking i would just buy a TNT and then upgrade to some ELKA 4 shocks. Really what else is the difference? I shittier windshield and an adjustable riser? gay..

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yeah and they are still among the most expensive sleds you can buy. Im thinking i would just buy a TNT and then upgrade to some ELKA 4 shocks. Really what else is the difference? I shittier windshield and an adjustable riser? gay..

Actually, it's becoming pretty clear that the biggest difference between a lot of these new sleds is just that.  Shock package and windshields.  Let's not forget risers and BNGs!!!!

And that's a fine idea.  Buy a "low end" model and spend some coin getting some bad ass suspension work on it.  I had a a bit over $2k into my Rev's suspension...and I don't know how many hours of tuning but it is still the best suspension I've ever had.

4 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

They did the same thing with shocks on an x in 09 i believe.