Snowmobile topic on a snowmobile website?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

We've got about 10" of fluffy snow here in northeastern VT. One of the clubs to my north plans to start packing on Friday so they can open up on opening day, Saturday December 16th.

UP's been panning or rolling.   Hopefully get a base started for a good year into March.  

• Like 1

Looks like it’s shaping up nice at my cabin as well. The boy and I are getting kicked out this weekend for the daughters 16th birthday party sleepover deal. Avoid the teen madness and ride my sled. Winning! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got about 6 inches here in eastern Ontario, but as soon as you step on it, it goes down to about an inch.

I had my sled out to-day and it is enough to give the sled lube to keep it cool, but you sink right to the bottom very quickly.

We need some warmer weather, or a bit of a shower to get it paki , but it is a good start. Sure looks pretty..

has she ridden a 900,  perm and silverbacks both prefer the 900's.  I think Silverbacks has owned a dozen of them at this point as he usually has one for his family ride sled along with one for his wife and one for his son.  the tnt is now a 129 right,  that should be a good chocie for a straight trail machine.  

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We got about a foot and a half and our lake is almost frozen over.  Very likely to be riding during Christmas break.

It’s unusual for trails to be open at Christmas. It could turn into a good winter for a change 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

We've got about 10" of fluffy snow here in northeastern VT. One of the clubs to my north plans to start packing on Friday so they can open up on opening day, Saturday December 16th.

Nice. :bc: Canaan, Norton, or IP?

Apparently Errol and Milan got 16" but Pittsburg only got 7. Very spotty...

Edited by rump-rider
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s unusual for trails to be open at Christmas. It could turn into a good winter for a change 

as long as the south has snow.  Last few years dwight and north have been a zoo

37 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Nice. :bc: Canaan, Norton, or IP?

Apparently Errol and Milan got 16" but Pittsburg only got 7. Very spotty...

Norton is the only one that has posted that they plan to open. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Derby and IP have some trails ready for the weekend. The cold temps this week should help freeze up the wet spots :bc:

3 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

1200 MXZ TNT............she doesn't want a 137

I thought she already had a 1200, no?  Me, bro, skinny ginger, perm and silverbacks are headed north tomorrow afternoon.  Hopefully find some unplowed logging roads to play on :bc: 

Hell, just got done shoveling the driveway.  We ended up with a solid 5-6 anyway.  Cold temps too.  The Carhart gang are out running the roads.  

Whew...tired.  But I needed some exersize.  Gonna go punish some hot wild rice soup now.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The Seguin should be open by then, its an easy one.

We use to drive to party sound or Haliburton Christmas week. Generally did half the damage to our sleds for the year bouncing off the Canadian Shield.